The Conservative Party - Part Two.

14 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Did you not get the memo? Conservative Party Central office is no longer denying the existence of a border down the Irish sea.

That border is a necessity in order to comply with EU import and export regulations on trade and does not mean NI are a member of the EU/ in the EU. Just as West 77 pointed out Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are not in the EU but also have borders with them for trade regulations.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

That border is a necessity in order to comply with EU import and export regulations on trade and does not mean NI are a member of the EU/ in the EU. Just as West 77 pointed out Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are not in the EU but also have borders with them for trade regulations.

They are in the EU ... a bit. Enough surely to irritate a man of West 77's sensibilities. You know sovereignty and all that. You know a bit of Brexit that was not got done.

Edited by Carbuncle

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I doubt he’d give the likes of you the steam off his bobbar and lied to her Majesty the Queen.

I wouldnt want his steam and a gentleman such as him would not offer it  but what has he done that is so upsetting to you ?  Or is it purely that he is a tory ?

15 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I doubt he’d give the likes of you the steam off his bobbar and lied to her Majesty the Queen.

He didn't lie to Her Maj though. That was just something the media were happy to spread.

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I like the rather tousled roguish look 

If it wasn't Boris Johnson, people would say he looks like a tramp.

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:
2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I like the rather tousled roguish look 

Oh c'mon. We're dealing with a bald man in a £500 comb over.

4 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Today’s U-Turn really shows that Johnson doesn’t have anybody around him who is capable of or willing to give him the most basic advice on how not to completely and totally predictably mess things up. Maybe he just has a vacuum around him now that Cummings isn’t there.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/18/boris-johnson-and-rishi-sunak-will-not-isolate-after-being-pinged-says-no-10

I'm amazed that Johnson and Sunak actually thought that the public would wear the pair of  them wriggling out of 10 days isolation, while everyone else has to isolate. Especially after the Matt Hancock fiasco.

It does remind me of what an Eton housemaster wrote of Johnson:

Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

Edited by Mister M

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Some people 

I know, take a man with with all the privileges he had, and he still ends up 'a nasty piece of work'.

Yet in full knowledge of this, many so called 'ordinary people' delight in his disgraceful behaviour, and his errors of judgement which have seen the UK have one of the worst death rates in the world.

It just makes you wonder what Johnson has to do for the penny to drop.....Call people who voted for him servile fools probably :roll:

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm amazed that Johnson and Sunak actually thought that the public would wear the pair of  them wriggling out of 10 days isolation, while everyone else has to isolate. Especially after the Matt Hancock fiasco.

It does remind me of what Johnson's Eton housemaster wrote of Johnson:

Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

You only have to look at the poster above a few to realize how they think they can get away with it. The slavish devotion of his headbanging followers is incredible.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I agree. Except that I’d change all of those letters for different ones. And use one fewer.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

You're confused. Brexit was completed at the end of January in 2020 as promised in the Tory December 2019 manifesto. The issues involving Northern Ireland are about future trading relationships with the EU.  Future trading relationships will always be an on going process which is possible because the UK is a sovereign nation again.  The current government and any future government now have the power to act unilaterally or negotiate with the EU regarding changes to any arrangements that are not working properly or not in the interest of any part of the UK.

BS. Goods do not move freely between Britain and Northern Ireland.