The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

You do know that not everyone who claims to have been raped is telling the truth?  Often the evidence is just one person's word against another person's word.  The way to increase rape convictions is to change the law and make everyone guilty until proven  innocent then there would be more convictions for rape. Would you be happy if more innocent people were sent to jail for rape?

The question was nothing more than political point scoring and Boris gave an appropriate reply.

You've completely misunderstood the point I was making.

10 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Crazy!

Tory MP Joy Morrissey lambasted over plan to hang more portraits of Queen

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/19395612.tory-mp-joy-morrissey-lambasted-plan-hang-portraits-queen/

Perchance the same Joy Morrissey that had the House of Commons in stitches when she revealed her total lack of understanding of the EU.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18723032.joy-morrissey-sets-house-commons-laughing-lack-knowledge-eu/

Guest sibon
11 hours ago, West 77 said:

You do know that not everyone who claims to have been raped is telling the truth?  Often the evidence is just one person's word against another person's word.  The way to increase rape convictions is to change the law and make everyone guilty until proven  innocent then there would be more convictions for rape. Would you be happy if more innocent people were sent to jail for rape?

I’d be very happy for more guilty people to be sent to gaol for rape. I believe I’m in the majority on this.

You carry on defending rapists. I, and the rest of the civilised portion of our society will carry on campaigning for rapists to be brought to justice.

I knew that you had slack morals. I never thought that you’d be a rape apologist. 

Guest makapaka
29 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’d be very happy for more guilty people to be sent to gaol for rape. I believe I’m in the majority on this.

You carry on defending rapists. I, and the rest of the civilised portion of our society will carry on campaigning for rapists to be brought to justice.

I knew that you had slack morals. I never thought that you’d be a rape apologist. 

I’ve not seen anything there that suggested they were apologising rape?

who apologises rape on a public forum? Other than very indiscreet rapists?

Edited by makapaka

Guest sibon
Just now, makapaka said:

I’ve not seen anything there that suggested they were apologising rape?

who apologises rape on a public forum? Other than very indiscreet rapists?

Maybe you should read the snidey, unpleasant post that I quoted one more time. 

I think he’s certainly excusing rapists and I think he’s also belittling attempts to convict them.

All in all, it isn’t a position that I’d expect from a fully paid up human. 

I’m not surprised that he posted it though.

Guest makapaka
21 minutes ago, sibon said:

Maybe you should read the snidey, unpleasant post that I quoted one more time. 

I think he’s certainly excusing rapists and I think he’s also belittling attempts to convict them.

All in all, it isn’t a position that I’d expect from a fully paid up human. 

I’m not surprised that he posted it though.

I’ve read back a few but I can’t find the bit about excusing rapists / maybe it was further down the thread / what did they say?

10 hours ago, sibon said:

That's just wrong - to make a personal attack and accuse someone of being a rape apologist - reported

3 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Edited by sheffbag

8 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Matt Hancock.

I'm less concerned about Matt Hancock's private life (though I do feel for the families involved,) than his incompetence in the job, but it does show a total disregard of morals, ethics and rules where he should be setting an example. Time to go I think.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

I'm less concerned about Matt Hancock's private life (though I do feel for the families involved,) than his incompetence in the job, but it does show a total disregard of morals, ethics and rules where he should be setting an example. Time to go I think.

He's lied on TV, lied in parliament, palmed of contracts for unusable PPE to his mates. Hes not going for being unfaithful to his wife - if anything it puts him odds-on for the next PM.