The Conservative Party - Part Two.

'Boris Johnson described Matt Hancock as “totally ****ing hopeless” during the early stages of the pandemic, concerned by the health secretary’s promises on testing, text messages published by Dominic Cummings have revealed...'

Quotation from The Guardian.

Moderators, please do not censor the quotation, or censure me for quoting it.

At least Bozza has spoken truthfully, for once.  Lying is his default setting.

47 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

How does a lying toad like Cummings get to drive the media agenda? The media know that Boris is a versatile liar, a completely different animal from previous PMs including Conservative ones. They know his government's policies have meant tens of thousands have died who didn't need to. Yet somehow the media largely give the government an easy ride ... unless the discredited Cummings asks them to republish his blog material. How does this work?

Well for one thing he's a very media savvy, and has cultivated many associated in the press and the BBC while he was in Government, just as Johnson did:

BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg held private meeting with Dominic Cummings and BBC boss in October 2020, new Transparency Report reveals - Bywire Blockchain News - The home of independent & alternative news

I think over a number of years politics has been reduced to personality politics and Westminster politics, rather than a debate on the substantive issues and policy decisions which affect the public. Laura Kuennsberg is very much part of that.

I think your other question - why do the media give Johnson an easy ride is an interesting one.

I mean imagine if it were a Labour Government that had presided over this pandemic, and they had performed as awfully as this government have - I very much doubt that the press would've given them an easy ride, and I doubt that certain sections of the public would've been so forgiving.  Government Ministers 'doing their best'; continually forgiving the cronyism of PPE contracts to their friends; the shambolic and contradictory messaging; the track and trace fiasco, the scandal of care homes and on it goes. In fact the more I listen to talk radio, the more I think there's a positive correlation between support for Government and what's pumped out in grotty tabloids

Personally I can forgive Johnson for not attending the 5 or 6 COBRA meetings that he did at the beginning of the pandemic so he could write his book on Shakespeare, simply because the more I learn about him, the more I think he's a hindrance rather than a help. We need adults in Government, not over privileged boys who've never had to grow up.

What I can't forgive is Johnson's complete **** up at Christmas which he didn't want to cancel because "he didn't want to be seen as the Grinch".  How many people died as a consequence of him not wanting to be unpopular? The press should be hammering Johnson over this.

Edited by Mister M

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

Unlike you I most definitely live in the real World and know  what is expected of real men.  Cummings has most certainly failed the test of being a real man.  All the talk about Boris Johnson's wife having influence on important decisions  is just old washerwomen gossip and of no interest to a real man like me.

Just for completeness have you ever had a real job in a real workplace?  If so were everyone always polite and friendly to each other?

We have a real contender for this years "Telling it like it was in 1955 Daily Mail parody" prize.

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

We have a real contender for this years "Telling it like it was in 1955 Daily Mail parody" prize.

When I read his post, I did wonder whether it was a parody post, but I thought I'd reply as if he was being sincere

Regardless of your view on Boris Cummings is a complete snake the texts he and his boss, Boris exchanged were private and he never should have published them like this.He really is showing himself to be untrustworthy and  a bitter and twisted individual.

3 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

Regardless of your view on Boris Cummings is a complete snake the texts he and his boss, Boris exchanged were private and he never should have published them like this.He really is showing himself to be untrustworthy and  a bitter and twisted individual.

He was asked to produce evidence from a committee. Are you saying the committee would have hidden it?

8 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He was asked to produce evidence from a committee. Are you saying the committee would have hidden it?

He never should have started sharing private conversations with the press in the first place.

If the UK had a prime minister who answered the  questions put to him, the obvious one would be "If you thought your health and social care secretary was 'totally ***ing hopeless' and that put people's lives at risk, why did you not sack him, given that you can do that any time you want and don't even have to worry about an employment tribunal or anything like that?"

I suspect the honest answer would be "I wanted to wait for the right bus to shove him under so that I didn't have to take responsibility for my mistakes"

Best of luck to everyone.

Edited by Delbow

23 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

He never should have started sharing private conversations with the press in the first place.

Why? To save the Prime Minister's embarrassment. I think that ship sailed long ago.

Was his eyesight checked after these allegations ?

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

One of them is included here:

Boris Johnson calls Matt Hancock hopeless in texts revealed by Dominic Cummings - BBC News

You can see for yourself.

Why is Dominic publishing this ?  That is the question that needs answering . Has he suddenly found a conscience to do good  ?. Why not talk about this when he was in a position to do ?   Or ???