The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Blair brought in 'freedom of information requests' this government are not giving information and there has been talk of reforming the act.

They may mostly be duplicitous , but they are not all the same.

Any government isn't required to answer and provide information for all FOIs. They do have the right to refuse requests based on national security, vexatious requests and are all overseen by th ICO to ensure compliance.  So I appreciate they don't answer every one but they do have to have legitimate reasons for not doing so. 

My point being that you can't accept one and not the other. Yes Tories lie but people cant point finger whilst turning a blind eye to the politicians or party they may favour. 

Free access to government information plunges to record lows under Boris Johnson

Civil servants in the orbit of Downing Street are increasingly failing to respond to freedom of information requests in line with their obligations – with the Cabinet Office the worst performing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/freedom-information-boris-johnson-cabinet-office-b603307.html

The Cabinet Office has refused to disclose full details about the Clearing House operation under the Freedom of Information Act – despite the FOI watchdog, the Information Commissioner’s Office, ordering it to do so in July 2020.

Conservative MP and former Brexit secretary David Davis told an openDemocracy live discussion last week that the “pernicious” Clearing House should be “abolished”.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/freedom-of-information/why-were-taking-the-uk-government-to-court-to-protect-freedom-of-information/

Just now, Mister M said:

Johnson thinks his Health Secretary, Matt Hancock is "totally f****** hopeless". 

Much like what many think of your ability as PM Johnson

Cummings reveals WhatsApp message which appears to show PM calling Hancock 'totally f****** hopeless' (msn.com)

I've read some of it - not all - looks a little bit, how best to put it, enhanced.

Latest from BBC, reporting Cummings' tweets:

"PM called Hancock hopeless."

So, Bozza DOES tell the truth... occasionally.

52 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's only the anti Brexit / anti Boris / anti Tory brigade who like to think that about PM Johnson.  Real normal people showed their support for PM Johnson and the Tories at the recent council elections.  It's real sad what has happened to Cummings. Perhaps given his effeminate nature and Abba dancing skills a position on this years Strictly Dancing awaits.

This is the 3rd time you've referenced what you think is Cummings' effeminate nature, not sure that's the issue, but it clearly is for you. 

With regards to the substantive point, it isn't about the 'anti Brexit / anti Boris / anti Tory brigade' and what they believe; it's the evidence in front of their eyes from the last 17 months of how the Government have behaved, what they haven't done quickly enough, the terrible communications and what that evidence tells them.

Besides which this is about what Johnson thinks of his health secretary

Edited by Mister M

11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I'm happy for you that you're keeping yourself busy by counting on your scoreboard. My point is real men don't behave like Cummings is doing against a former close colleague. I'd expect women such as Edwina Curry to behave in such a manner once they have been cast aside. Of course not all women behave like that for example Andrea  Leadsom has remained supportive of Boris after he sacked her.  Just for completeness I don't keep a scoreboard on the amount of anti Boris / anti Tory / anti Brexit references you make.

He's not going to shag you mate.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I'm happy for you that you're keeping yourself busy by counting on your scoreboard. My point is real men don't behave like Cummings is doing against a former close colleague. I'd expect women such as Edwina Curry to behave in such a manner once they have been cast aside. Of course not all women behave like that for example Andrea  Leadsom has remained supportive of Boris after he sacked her.  Just for completeness I don't keep a scoreboard on the amount of anti Boris / anti Tory / anti Brexit references you make.

You've got some strange ideas about what constitutes 'real men'. However in the real world people don't look through the lens  of 'who is most supportive of Boris' as to their worthiness. It's been widely reported in the news that Johnson chose his cabinet in the first place, not on ability, but for their support for the world king, and that explains where we are now and why the country is in the state that it is.

Dominic Cummings is p***** off because he was sacked from No 10. I get that. In his situation I might feel the same, I don't know. But given that Johnson sacked him, not due to incompetence, but because Johnson's wife didn't like him; and Cummings has evidence that Johnson thinks the man in charge of the response to the pandemic is 'f****** hopeless' well I'd say Cummings had every right to go to the press with evidence.

Hopefully there is more. Not that we need evidence, in text form, that Ministers think each other useless, we know they're useless, we can see the evidence all around us.

Edited by Mister M

9 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You've lost me.  Who do you think is not going to shag me?  Either way I'm relieved.

Unlike you I most definitely live in the real World and know  what is expected of real men.  Cummings has most certainly failed the test of being a real man.  All the talk about Boris Johnson's wife having influence on important decisions  is just old washerwomen gossip and of no interest to a real man like me.

Just for completeness have you ever had a real job in a real workplace?  If so were everyone always polite and friendly to each other?

You're obviously not as close to Tory Party as you'd like to think, because leading Tories in the Bow group want an an independent inquiry into her "position and authority" in the party. I leave you to look up all the gory details.

I do think of more importance to you is your own concept of what a 'real man' is and isn't, probably best you do that with someone professionally qualified, in the real world and not on the internet.

Yes I currently have a real job in a real workplace, though not at Number 10 Downing Street.

4 hours ago, steved32 said:

Latest from BBC, reporting Cummings' tweets:

"PM called Hancock hopeless."

So, Bozza DOES tell the truth... occasionally.

He thinks things were running better when Johnson was ill and Rabb was running things.

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

He thinks things were running better when Johnson was ill and Rabb was running things.

Absolutely:

"Under Raab, the meetings were less pleasant for everybody but much more productive because unlike the PM a) Raab can chair meetings properly instead of telling rambling stories and jokes, b) he let good officials actually question people so we started to get to the truth, unlike the PM who as soon as things get 'a bit embarrassing' does the whole 'let's take it offline' shtick before shouting 'forward to victory', doing a thumbs-up and pegging it out of the room before anybody can disagree."

Boris Johnson brands Matt Hancock hopeless in texts revealed by Dominic Cummings - BBC News

It's incredibly damaging to Johnson not least because the behaviour described fits perfectly with Johnson's public persona of a bumbling idiot in Number 10. 

It really does beggar belief that we have a complete numpty in Number 10 Downing Street during the middle of a highly infectious pandemic. It's the stuff of comedies, or horror films.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

How does a lying toad like Cummings get to drive the media agenda? The media know that Boris is a versatile liar, a completely different animal from previous PMs including Conservative ones. They know his government's policies have meant tens of thousands have died who didn't need to. Yet somehow the media largely give the government an easy ride ... unless the discredited Cummings asks them to republish his blog material. How does this work?