The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Guest sibon

I’ve no idea. 

Maybe once you’ve finished forelock tugging, you could try to find out.

Let us know.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I’ve no idea. 

Maybe once you’ve finished forelock tugging, you could try to find out.

Let us know.

I will leave the tugging to you 

40 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I wonder why that is ?

Why do you think that is? Are you happy or sad that there isn't old Etonians in the shadow cabinet?

I dont know why that is . Thats why I asked the question . It makes me feel sad .

Edited by hackey lad

12 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I dont know why that is . Thats why I asked the question . It makes me feel sad .

7% of the population attend private schools (who charge very hefty fees unaffordable to most.) Which means 93% of the population go to state schools. 

Yet when it comes to jobs, nearly 50% of the top jobs go to privately educated people, which is grossly out of proportion and discriminates against people who went to state schools.

There's nothing quite like the old boy's network is there... 

22 minutes ago, Anna B said:

7% of the population attend private schools (who charge very hefty fees unaffordable to most.) Which means 93% of the population go to state schools. 

On behalf of all those that didn’t go to Greyfriars, thanks for the maths lesson. 

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

On behalf of all those that didn’t go to Greyfriars, thanks for the maths lesson. 

👍🤣😂🤣

6 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Ok point taken... But the real question is why are the 93% so under represented in the best jobs? 

The Education Recovery Chief, Sir Kevan Collins, has quit his role because he is 'dismayed' that his long-awaited £15bn proposals were watered down to a £1.4bn package.

Education recovery chief quits in English schools catch-up row | Education policy | The Guardian

Doesn't bode well for Johnson's 'levelling up' agenda, which is largely dependent on a great deal of money to ensure that those so called 'red wall' areas which voted Tory last time, stay voting Tory.

Mind you, even where money isn't concerned, people are jumping ship. Look at Alex Allan, 'the Standards Commissioner'. Asked by Johnson to investigate allegations that Patel broke the Ministerial Code by bullying & humiliating her staff. He found that she did indeed bully and humiliate her staff. But rather than sack Patel, he kept her on, thus forcing the Standards Commissioner to resign.

Still, what can you expect from the cesspit that is Johnson, no point expecting him to ask any of his ministers to resign as a matter of honour. I mean, where would that leave him?

The 'levelling up' was never going to happen. The country could not afford it when the promise was made and certainly cannot afford it now or anytime soon.

58 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Still, what can you expect from the cesspit that is Johnson, no point expecting him to ask any of his ministers to resign as a matter of honour. I mean, where would that leave him?

I remember a generation ago, Tory MPs would be expected to resign if they'd been caught sticking their willies where they shouldn't, or fathering illegitimate offspring.