The Conservative Party - Part Two.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Whatabouterry

Yeah, your post is.  

It would be better if there was no racism in any UK party.  Don’t you agree?

34 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Yeah, your post is.  

It would be better if there was no racism in any UK party.  Don’t you agree?

Of course.

I seem to recall it took Sajid Javid in the  2019 Conservative leadership contest - including eventual winner Boris Johnson - to commit to an independent inquiry into allegations of Islamophobia within the party.

Prior to this Syeeda Warsi, the former Tory Party chair complained for years that no-one in the party was taking racism seriously.

So it seems the Tories were denying the problem existed, up until - as I said Javid challenged all contenders on the televised hustings.

Edited by Mister M

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

On the Labour Party thread, there were a great many posts by 'concerned Conservative supporters' (or more accurately Labour Party haters), about the racism of some in the Labour Party.

Tory Islamophobia report: The key findings from inquiry into Conservative Party racism | The Independent

Now that there has been an official report into racism in the Conservative Party, which  states the party’s own central database recorded 1,418 complaints relating to 727 incidents of alleged discrimination, I look forward to those same posters wringing their hands all over this thread about the racism in the Tory Party that's been uncovered.

Well at least there has been a report unlike the Forde enquiry into anti black racism in the Labour party which has been shelved.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-party-black-racism-keir-starmer-b1809223.html

But two wrongs don't make it right whichever side you are on.

It's probably not worth pointing out but I will. Just because there have been recorded complaints about incidents that does not mean they all stand up to scrutiny and that goes for any party. I also notice that the Independent article, unlike the BBC one does not state this below:

"Three-quarters of all incidents recorded in the Conservatives' complaints database involved social media activity."

"Sanctions were issued in 231 cases with 50% resulting in a suspension and 29% an expulsion from the party."

"No evidence" that complaints related to Islam are treated differently from those related to other forms of discrimination"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57239483

Edited by apelike

On 25/05/2021 at 15:19, apelike said:

"No evidence" that complaints related to Islam are treated differently from those related to other forms of discrimination"

Nope... they are all ignored - Boris' racism is unpenalised - why?

Maybe because there was "No evidence".

I can see Dominic Cummings writing an tell all book just in time for Christmas.

Filed under 'Comedy' or 'Fiction'? @GabrielC

Edited by RollingJ

28 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Maybe because there was "No evidence".

What, no evidence that he likened Muslim women to letter boxes, or called black people 'flag waving picaninnies with water melon smiles'?

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Where is the racism there ?

Black people were asked what they thought of Boris Johnson's descriptions of them. This is what they said:

We Asked Black People About Boris Johnson's 'Piccaninnies' and 'Watermelon Smiles' Comments | HuffPost UK (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

Just now, Mister M said:

Black people were asked what they thought of Boris Johnson's descriptions of them. This is what they said:

We Asked Black People About Boris Johnson's 'Piccaninnies' and 'Watermelon Smiles' Comments | HuffPost UK (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

Always thought 'The Huff' was a comic?