The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Great tautology, @Arnold_Lane🙂

Good idea - you get fed less land-fill.

Actually newspapers are generally recycled.  I don’t know if that’s true though.  I didn’t read it in a paper because I don’t believe them.  I feel it’s important to keep saying that.  Because I’m edgy.

18 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Actually newspapers are generally recycled.  I don’t know if that’s true though.  I didn’t read it in a paper because I don’t believe them.  I feel it’s important to keep saying that.  Because I’m edgy.

Oh, shut up. You sound like a failed parish councillor.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Oh, shut up. You sound like a failed parish councillor.

I’m too interesting and edgy to care what you think.

I love not reading newspapers and telling everyone I don’t read newspapers.  It’s cool and really worth repeating.  I thought, of all people, you’d get that.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

And you like the sound of your empty voice.

Empty Voice.  Hey, that’s an edgy, interesting and cool name for my new band.

I might bring it up in one of the other forums I frequent.  See what the guys there think.  Did I mention I’m on other forums?  Loads of other forums in fact.  But I have better things to do as well.  

I’m so edgy!

Edited by Arnold_Lane

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I'd say the 'i' is basically independent.  It just reports the news & they have a balance of commentators with political views from all sides. 

What really makes it a good paper is that you'll see a story, think that doesn't appeal to you but within a few sentences, you'll be hooked & it'll lead yo into wanting to know more. 

That will be 'the i' newspaper which is owned by the Daily Mail group right?

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

Do you want to have a guess which newspaper group has stakes in both The Metro and the London Evening Standard....

The point I'm making is a people need to stop treating the Daily Mail Group as some one trick pony. We all know that their primary publication is nothing more than a punchline but it's real world impact spreads far and wide both in print and online. It is not to be dismissed as merely some gossip rag which only focuses on one side to feed the rabid brexiteers.

It's a massive media group and it's wider operations serve a variety of viewership and readership from all ends of the spectrum. Many of whom will not have a clue nor care about the back office and boardroom hierarchy hidden behind their glossy website of choice.

It's exactly the same with their rivals, Reach Media. You know, those owners of the Labour mouthpiece, the Daily Mirror.   Cant surely be the same company that produces rags like the Daily Express and OK magazine? They can't possibly be linked with a single company that produces 83 'different' regional newspapers... 

... I mean, "just whose side are they on" people scream.... well nobody's. All they care about it is who who buys the most of their product. Same goes for the politicians. They have no genuine loyalty to their media. Oh yeah, there might be these faux contrived and broad-brush opinions over what is deemed a labour paper or tory paper- but let's face it, they will support or critique whichever publication they think gives them the best PR outcome. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Do you want to have a guess which newspaper group has stakes in both The Metro and the London Evening Standard....

The point I'm making is a people need to stop treating the Daily Mail Group as some one trick pony. We all know that their primary publication is nothing more than a punchline but it's real world impact spreads far and wide both in print and online. It is not to be dismissed as merely some gossip rag which only focuses on one side to feed the rabbits brexiteers.

It's a massive Media Group and it's wider operations serve a variety of viewership and readership from all ends of the spectrum. Many of whom will not have a clue nor care about the back office and boardroom hierarchy hidden behind their glossy website of choice.

To be fair, I just picked the top ones that appeared on a google search :)

2 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

..... I love not reading newspapers and telling everyone I don’t read newspapers.  It’s cool and really worth repeating.  I thought, of all people, you’d get that.

Ah just like me then. :) You should also try giving up the TV as well as telling people you don't watch any and then looking at their "I don't believe you" reaction is great.

Guest sibon
4 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I’m too interesting and edgy to care what you think.

I love not reading newspapers and telling everyone I don’t read newspapers.  It’s cool and really worth repeating.  I thought, of all people, you’d get that.

I’ve not even read your post about not reading newspapers and not believing what I didn’t read.

That’s properly cool. 

So this week we can look forward to the truth according to Dominic Cummings when he appears before the Select Committee.

He has already prepared the way by twittering that the Health Secretary’s  version of events is B.S.

Having listened to his own account of his Durham trip ,Cummings is no stranger to B.S.

Should be interesting.