The Conservative Party - Part Two.

43 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Yes he was a MP when he wrote articles for The Telegraph. I think he stopped writing for The Telegraph when he was given the role of Foreign Secretary by Theresa May.  

That is what I thought.

It's good that he thought both about the pros and cons of Brexit.  However, writing two contrary articles is not the same and that is why many people think he might not really believe in Brexit but ran with it for opportunistic reasons.  I doubt you will ever convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

It's good that he thought both about the pros and cons of Brexit.  However, writing two contrary articles is not the same and that is why many people think he might not really believe in Brexit but ran with it for opportunistic reasons.  I doubt you will ever convince them otherwise.

Do you have any evidence that's not the case?

Just now, andyofborg said:

Do you have any evidence that's not the case?

Sorry, are you confusing me with a Boris supporter?

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You might be right. However, I don't really care if he chose  to support Brexit for opportunistic reasons because  it was better for him to be on our side (Leave) than the other side due to the big support he receives.  All what matters is that Leave won.  It can be argued that Theresa May sat on the fence during the EU referendum campaign for opportunistic reasons. At the end of the day Boris only became Prime Minister due to Parliament blocking Brexit during Theresa May's time as Prime Minister.  

The point is, other people do.

India crisis: Covid deaths 17 per 100k

Bozza's Britain: 190+ deaths per 100k.

World beating.

Edited by steved32
Typo

Guest makapaka
On 11/05/2021 at 07:10, Consheff said:

Can I just say there still going on about money Boris spent I don't care what he's had he keeps his promises and that's what counts he can have gold leaf to cover his walls and I don't care who's pa for it

I’ll be glad when you get bored of trolling 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

How on earth can that comment be judged as trolling?   The electorate in the recent elections didn't seem to care about the money spent on decorating by Boris.

Only because the "electorate" are so far up BoJo the Clown's bum it's not funny! :rant:  :loopy: 

14 hours ago, steved32 said:

World beating.

People love Boris Johnson, they wont shift their opinion, its crazy.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

People love Boris Johnson, they wont shift their opinion, its crazy.

It's almost like a cult - you can see it on here, it doesn't matter what he does, people will defend him.

55 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Is that the best you can do by insulting the electorate for making a choice not to your own personal liking and name calling  the democratically elected Prime Minister ?   

The reasons why the electorate are still supporting Boris are because he got Brexit done,  the  huge success of the covid-19 vaccine rollout and they don't believe any alternative Government would have coped any better in managing a once in one hundred year pandemic. 

Meh, I voted remain for Brexit, because I knew from the start that the Tories would make a total Sow's Purse of the whole "deal" :loopy: 

15 hours ago, steved32 said:

India: COVID deaths 191 per 100k
Britain: COVID deaths 1,872 per 100k

Still similar, but it suits our MPs to think other countries have got it worse than the UK

9 minutes ago, El Cid said:

India: COVID deaths 191 per 100k
Britain: COVID deaths 1,872 per 100k

Still similar, but it suits our MPs to think other countries have got it worse than the UK

I agree. There's much sleight of hand going on here. For many people the super large figures etc are too large to fully comprehend and they're scarey. But when you break it down into percentages and compare with other percentages a different story emerges.

You have to ask yourself why the government wish to keep up the narrative, and suppress alternative points of view. 

The problem in India has been it's lack of a cohesive health system.

Edited by Anna B