The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, Mister M said:

Just imagine if a single mother, someone on sickness, or someone unemployed had complained that they couldn't manage; I wouldn't think the national conversation would have shone a sympathetic light their circumstances. More like 'tighten your belts', 'live within your means', or the usual grumbles about having the latest smart TV or mobile phone.

Absolutely - bet they can afford cigarettes etc etc 

if they are healthy they could manage on a tenner etc etc 

Half of country has been gaslighted by boris Johnson about time they woke up. 

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Didn’t know that. Thought the only other place that came with the job was Chequers.

In 1986, there were 120 grace and favour homes/apartments in total. I guess its a gentlemans agreement with the press not to report about these homes, for security reasons, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_and_favour

21 hours ago, Mister M said:

According to a Number 10 'insider' the PM, Boris Johnson is 'permanently broke'. Also he has told friends that he needs '£300,000 salary just to get by’.

Boris 'told friends he needs £300,000 salary just to get by' | Metro News

I did wonder why I've been listening to a multitude of stories this afternoon about the relatively 'poor' pay of British Prime Ministers as compared to your average CEO.

Just imagine if a single mother, someone on sickness, or someone unemployed had complained that they couldn't manage; I wouldn't think the national conversation would have shone a sympathetic light their circumstances. More like 'tighten your belts', 'live within your means', or the usual grumbles about having the latest smart TV or mobile phone.

Just imagine getting £275,000 a year for writing a few paragraphs for a newspaper each week, and still be skint. Takes some doing. Mind you he did complain a few years ago that his salary was 'mere chickenfeed'. I can only assume that his supporters must've guffawed, and thought 'that's only Boris being Boris'. Little did they imagine that he was being serious....

I'm no Boris supporter by any means but to be fair he does do an important job and should get a fair wage! A big part of the reason I don't follow football is because IMO the big name players get paid FAR too much, £20 Grand a week to kick a plastic ball round a Pitch for 90 minutes 9 months a year? You what? :loopy: 

13 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

I'm no Boris supporter by any means but to be fair he does do an important job and should get a fair wage! A big part of the reason I don't follow football is because IMO the big name players get paid FAR too much, £20 Grand a week to kick a plastic ball round a Pitch for 90 minutes 9 months a year? You what? :loopy: 

How do you think Johnson is doing in his important job?

On 02/05/2021 at 21:09, hackey lad said:

Give me an alternative party  who could be trusted to run the country .

Labour under starmer. Why would you think they can trusted less than a government that literally lies all the time? How could they possibly be worse?

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Labour under starmer. Why would you think they can trusted less than a government that literally lies all the time? How could they possibly be worse?

The last time Labour had a leader worth its salt was  John Smith 

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The last time Labour had a leader worth its salt was  John Smith 

So you think starmer is worse than johnson? How or why?

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

So you think starmer is worse than johnson? How or why?

I think Sir Starmer is worse than Corbyn , at least we knew what he was about .

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I think Sir Starmer is worse than Corbyn , at least we knew what he was about .

Well, keep voting conservative then, safe in the knowledge billions will go to their mates and you'll continue getting lied to.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Well, keep voting conservative then, safe in the knowledge billions will go to their mates and you'll continue getting lied to.

I will do . Thank you for your interest .

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I will do . Thank you for your interest .

So what is it about Johnson that attracts you over other leaders?

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So what is it about Johnson that attracts you over other leaders?

The world class lying or perhaps he thinks there's chance for a contract down the line - there's normally no need to have any expertise. Maybe he's hoping the NHS will be sold off? Maybe he has a thing for Nadine dories.