The Conservative Party - Part Two.

33 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

And David Cameron had the cheek when PM to criticise a "culture of entitlement" in the benefits system. 

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

And David Cameron had the cheek when PM to criticise a "culture of entitlement" in the benefits system. 

This is the man who imposed some of the most harshest austerity measures on the neediest members of our society, the Tories are complete and utter scum.

Edited by Mister Gee

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

This is the man who imposed some of the most harshest austerity measures on the neediest members of our society, the Tories are complete and utter scum.

Dont hold back , tell us what you really think 

Guest sibon
44 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Dont hold back , tell us what you really think 

I thought he was being quite restrained, given the experiences of the last decade.

It's also worth pointing out that the wonderfully Dickens-like character Eric Pickles, who as you will be aware  is the 'lobbying watchdog chair', failed to publicly declare role on Tory business forum.

Former Conservative cabinet minister who chairs the government’s own lobbying watchdog has been accused of a potential conflict of interest for failing to publicly declare his ongoing involvement in a Tory business lobbying forum.

Eric Pickles, who heads up the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (ACOBA), did not mention his presidency of the Enterprise Forum in a written submission to a parliamentary committee or in his CV, before becoming chair of the watchdog last year.

The Enterprise Forum, which boasts of its access to government ministers, aims “to improve the quality and flow of information between the business community and the Conservative Party”. Lord Pickles has been the Forum’s president since 2017.

Lobbying watchdog chair failed to publicly declare role on Tory business forum | openDemocracy

It's almost as comical as the Government's own  Anti-Corruption Champion at the Cabinet Office since 2017, John Penrose MP, is married to the Track and Trace head Dido Harding. The performance of the track and trace system has been so stunning that Johnson has offered her the role to head up Britain's new Health Protection Agency.

Edited by Mister M

Guest makapaka

The tories are a disgrace.

I think you have to have some serious misconceptions about what is right and wrong to put a cross in the box for that party.

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

And there's more....

Matt Hancock Holds Shares In Sister's Firm Who Won NHS Contracts | HuffPost UK (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

I suppose at least they're promoting family values

Its corruption. 20 years ago he'd lose his job, now I fully expect his firm to "win" more contracts.

The fact that all these things happen without anyone breaking any rules prove just how unfit for purpose those rules are. 

39 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Its corruption. 20 years ago he'd lose his job, now I fully expect his firm to "win" more contracts.

Matt Hancock should have been outed ages ago.

Apparently Twitter is buzzing today because Bernard Jenkin MP, on yesterday evenings edition of Question Time, said that the royal family are "the least privileged in Britain".

It was in response to a question from the audience that the BBC news coverage of the Duke's death dragged on for too long. But Jenkin was having none of it.  

I bet Jenkin is one of these tiresome types who likes to opine that white middle class straight men are the most discriminated against in Britain today :hihi:

Edited by Mister M