The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Exactly correct David Cameron had a good start in life meaning he had the best possible education money could buy.  However, not every person born with a silver spoon in their mouth make the best of their good start and opportunities  in life and end up becoming a Tory Prime Minister.  Likewise not every person born without a spoon in their mouth has a chip on their shoulder.

Given the revelations I'd hardly say David Cameron is a good example of someone making the best of their privileged start in life. Someone pointing that out doesn't infer that they have a chip on their shoulder.

Labour involved too?

John Healey, shadow defence secretary, urged ministers in May 2020 to give Greensill the ability to offer loans of up to £200m under a Covid-19 loan scheme for cash-strapped large companies.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Labour involved too?

I don't think he was making money out of it, he was trying to protect jobs in his constituency.

You can have as many rules and regulations as you like but there are always those who ignore or try to circumvent them.

What matters is personal ethics and many in public life demonstrate that they have little regard for such niceties when it comes to their personal behaviour.

Johnson and Cameron are the latest examples,but to balance the books,we have the likes of Mandelson,DVid Steel,Paddy Ashdown,Cyril Smith,Jeremy Thorpe and the list goes on.

44 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Johnson and Cameron are the latest examples,but to balance the books,we have the likes of Mandelson,DVid Steel,Paddy Ashdown,Cyril Smith,Jeremy Thorpe and the list goes on.

Not many of those have broken the law. Its not against the law to be greedy, it helps countries to prosper.

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

I disagree with you Mister Gee, the revelations  show that David Cameron was a loyal employee of Lex Greenhill and sought to do his best to help his employer at an unprecedented time when business was suffering worldwide as a consequence of an once in one hundred year global pandemic. Loyalty  to ones employer is a good example to set regardless of whether you had a privileged  start in life or not.  I'm not suggesting David Cameron is a saint and the likelihood is he believed his job was a cushy lucrative position where he  wouldn't get his hands dirty.  However, due to the nature of politics and the  point scoring mentality  it looks like David Cameron has got his fingers burnt despite breaking no rules.

The revelations show that David Cameron is a greedy sod, and is only welcoming of the inquiries because he got found out.

Pity Matt Hancock found the time to have a meeting with Cameron, but who apparently doesn't have time to meet with representatives of the covid bereaved

Edited by Mister M

19 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Oh dear you're getting even more desperate now to attack the Tories.  Matt Hancock met David Cameron in 2019 which is months before there were any covid bereaved.  Matt Hancock's work load increased substantially when it was known there was a global pandemic.  Matt Hancock has not broken any rules and told officials about the meeting and what was discussed.

I'm not the one whose desperate. There are already 6 or 7 official inquiries into the affair. 

You're the one thrashing about trying to justify Cameron's greed and sleaze, resorting claims that the affair showed how 'loyal' he is. :hihi:

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

I disagree with you Mister Gee, the revelations  show that David Cameron was a loyal employee of Lex Greenhill and sought to do his best to help his employer at an unprecedented time when business was suffering worldwide as a consequence of an once in one hundred year global pandemic. Loyalty  to ones employer is a good example to set regardless of whether you had a privileged  start in life or not.  I'm not suggesting David Cameron is a saint and the likelihood is he believed his job was a cushy lucrative position where he  wouldn't get his hands dirty.  However, due to the nature of politics and the  point scoring mentality  it looks like David Cameron has got his fingers burnt despite breaking no rules.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

A good point well made.  Over 400 British jobs have been lost as a consequence of the collapse of Greenhill Capital.  If the business wasn't long term viable then it's correct the Government didn't give them any covid-19 related loans.  However, I don't see a problem in a company employee of Greenhill Capital asking the Government  for help just like many businesses did at the time.  

But Cameron was getting shares that could be worth millions. John Healey didn't get a penny over his Mps salary as far as I am aware. 

36 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But Cameron was getting shares that could be worth millions. John Healey didn't get a penny over his Mps salary as far as I am aware. 

Neither Cameron or Healey were doing anything wrong, but had a cabinet minster showed any favourtism, that would have been wrong.

29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

John Healey is a serving MP and  wasn't employed by Greenhill Capital unlike David Cameron who was employed by Greenhill Capital and no longer a serving MP.  Do you think David Cameron shouldn't have tried to help Greenhill Capital and save British jobs just because of any agreements he had about shares?

No I don't. He didn't do it to save British jobs - that's a happy accident. He did it, as all lobbyists do, to line their own pockets. It needs stamping out.

10 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Neither Cameron or Healey were doing anything wrong, but had a cabinet minster showed any favourtism, that would have been wrong.

Like getting meetings with the treasury at the behest of the chancellor. Good luck with that if you aren't chums with a cabinet minister.

Can’t beat Cold War Steve. He’s got this mob of Tories sussed.

Ey9F3k7XIAE_6Pk?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Mister Gee