The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Will they go up in the polls after this revelation? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56681939

Evidence about internal corruption between the Eton Squad is growing every day and in the end none of them will be held accountable. It is a complete and utter disgrace and failure of our democracy that this sort of rubbish is allowed to stand.

5 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Evidence about internal corruption between the Eton Squad is growing every day and in the end none of them will be held accountable. It is a complete and utter disgrace and failure of our democracy that this sort of rubbish is allowed to stand.

Sadly we’re a country full of cap doffing forelock tuggers.

Just now, Mister Gee said:

Speak for yourself.

32 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I am sure there are loads of small firms that have not been helped, but nothing wrong in asking for help. The Government have been helping firms, some they help and some they dont, just hope that they spend our money wisely.

The media are reporting loads of posible corruption, but I dont think that is what this is. Cameron was just doing what MPs would do, or what anyone could do, ask for Government help.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I am sure there are loads of small firms that have not been helped, but nothing wrong in asking for help. The Government have been helping firms, some they help and some they dont, just hope that they spend our money wisely.

The media are reporting loads of posible corruption, but I dont think that is what this is. Cameron was just doing what MPs would do, or what anyone could do, ask for Government help.

The difference is that Cameron has Sunak's personal phone number. I don't think my hairdresser does... 

These sorts of 'dealings' should be transparent and above water in all cases. 

1 hour ago, tzijlstra said:

They won't go down in polls, they'll probably go up.

Your hairdresser hasn't worked with MP's - has he/she? I had phone numbers of people I worked with/had dealings with in my old job for ages after I retired - still have a couple 12+ years later.

8 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

The difference is that Cameron has Sunak's personal phone number. I don't think my hairdresser does... 

These sorts of 'dealings' should be transparent and above water in all cases. 

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Sunak has released  the text messages he replied to from Cameron.  No wrong doing and every thing transparent by Sunak. 

Its Boris that is dodgy, maybe Sunak is ok, he certainly doesnt fiddle for a bit of extra cash.

20 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Sunak has released  the text messages he replied to from Cameron.  No wrong doing and every thing transparent by Sunak. 

Let's get it right .... Rishi has released 2 texts that he sent to Cameron.

No texts from Cameron have been released.

21 minutes ago, enntee said:

Do you know him personally?

Edited by Mister Gee

Guest sibon
12 hours ago, West 77 said:

Indeed. 

The depths of cronyism and corruption that this lot have plumbed renders this indiscretion as fairly minor.

After all, what is wrong with using the old boys network to carve up public money?

11 hours ago, enntee said:

They don’t look like being released any time soon. Apparently, they were sent with an “expectation of confidentiality “

A bit like I pay my taxes with the expectation that my money will be filtered into the pockets of the super rich, by a government more suited to running a banana republic,  than they are the U.K.

Edited by sibon