The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

The £22bn waste of public money that is 'track and trace'. 

Test and Trace.

18 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Test and Trace.

The testing part may be good value, but not the tracing aprt?

Yes, test and trace, sorry. The former has worked pretty well, but it's not a lot of use without the latter, and without decent and quickly accessible financial support to encourage people to isolate. The evidence is that the rate of self isolation among people on lower incomes is lower than the rate for people on higher incomes. Totally predictable, since higher earners are more likely to work on a screen and therefore can work from home, and lower earners less likely to be able to do this. There are countries with much better welfare safety nets where it's affordable to stay at home and isolate if you are on a low wage; the UK isn't one of them.

Our Boris is finally coming round to the idea that it was a mistake to delay the start of the first national lockdown.

From the Telegraph:

........ close allies have said, while insisting the Prime Minister was let down by scientific advisers....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/03/14/exclusive-boris-johnson-accepts-made-mistake-delaying-first/

So that's the strategy is it, blame everyone else. Well colour me surprised :rolleyes:

So the mistake wasn't his. Just like He and his Government are claiming credit for the vaccine rollout, almost as if he, Raab and Gove have singlehandedly organised the whole shebang, as well as administered the vaccine. 

NHS Test and Trace - Serco Vaccine rollout. Keep repeating it, eventually you'll start believing it.

Meanwhile Tonight on BBC 1

Cashing in on Covid

Panorama

As the government faces mounting criticism that well-connected people made millions out of Britain's PPE crisis, Panorama investigates who won out. More than £12 billion was spent in the first six months of the pandemic on contracts to provide personal protective equipment. Reporter Richard Bilton meets one man who made £40 million on a deal and speaks to others who felt ignored in favour of less-experienced suppliers. As the government refuses to reveal the full details of all its so-called VIP deals, the programme reveals the high-profile connections to one lucrative contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000t8td 

Edited by Mister M

On 15/03/2021 at 19:29, Mister M said:

Our Boris is finally coming round to the idea that it was a mistake to delay the start of the first national lockdown.

From the Telegraph:

........ close allies have said, while insisting the Prime Minister was let down by scientific advisers....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/03/14/exclusive-boris-johnson-accepts-made-mistake-delaying-first/

So that's the strategy is it, blame everyone else. Well colour me surprised :rolleyes:

In this instance, the fault lies with Sunak.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/48-hours-in-september-when-ministers-and-scientists-split-over-covid-lockdown-vg5xbpsfx

Edited by Magilla

Government now saying it would be "premature" to have an inquiry into how the pandemic has been handled. No surprise there, leave it until it has the least negative impact for the incumbent government. 

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Government now saying it would be "premature" to have an inquiry into how the pandemic has been handled. No surprise there, leave it until it has the least negative impact for the incumbent government. 

I disagree (mildly): the pandemic is still ongoing, so there is still time for the government to mess up some more. In that respect, it would be premature indeed to conduct that inquiry now...

...I think getting started in 2025 should be about right 😏

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The Tory Government stated last year an inquiry will take place once the pandemic is over. The priority now is the vaccine rollout which is hugely successful and saving lives.    

Will that be when the WHO declares it to no longer be a pandemic. I think it was them who declared it as such to begin with.

The Mirror has a World Exclusive!  Jennifer Arcuri admits four-year affair with serial love cheat Boris Johnson.

Jennifer Arcuri admits four-year affair with serial love cheat Boris Johnson

It would be nice if he was embarrassed and his popularity waned but I suppose neither of those things will happen. His fans will probably lap it up or refer to the Mirror as loo paper. She sent him topless pics and had a stripper's pole in her flat. Etc.

Edited by Mister Gee

You mean you read (and believe) those sheets of loo-paper? Thought you had more sense.

Edited by RollingJ

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You mean you read (and believe) those sheets of loo-paper? Thought you had more sense.

Thanks, I’ve edited my post and taken this into account.

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Thanks, I’ve edited my post and taken this into account.

Very funny - if you have that childish sense of 'humour'