The Conservative Party - Part Two.

3 hours ago, 26b-6 said:

No in the north you are alone. This Tory govt could have cut nurses pay by a further 10% and the Tories would still win the 'red brick wall'

As explained the Tories know what the 'Labour Heartlands' wanted and they've offered it to them.

I've been listening to LBC today, and whilst most callers are totally disgusted with the Government over their derisory offer to nurses, there is a significant minority of bellicose men, with accents from the North East, Yorkshire, Lancashire who have complained about nurses receiving any pay rise, that private sector jobs have been lost [even though public money was spent to keep jobs in the private sector going], that 'the Labour Party are being divisive', and the whingeing went on and on. 

I think there are some people who are just plain horrible, and Labour shouldn't stoop to the gutter to appeal to their base instincts

59 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Could our MPs accept claps instead of a payrise?

would anyone clap them?

1 hour ago, andyofborg said:

would anyone clap them?

Aye, we should clap the government in irons for their apalling treatment of the NHS staff in general IMO.

2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

would anyone clap them?

That's actually a really useful question. Imagine if someone suggested it, the turnout would be pitiful.

25 minutes ago, Delbow said:

That's actually a really useful question. Imagine if someone suggested it, the turnout would be pitiful.

I think Johnson has set up a crowd funding page or charitable organisation to redecorate No10 Downing Street. 

I suppose there'll be some deluded sucker daft enough to give towards rolls of wallpaper, soft furnishings and the like.....I would've thought he was wealthy enough to afford stumping up the money himself.... the tight fisted so and so.

13 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Perhaps you can inform me what the Labour heartlands wanted.  I believe the  Tories took those seats because Labour wanted to sabotage  Brexit.

Perhaps you can also tell me what the Tories have offered to the north apart from trying to secure seats like Rishi Sunak's.

Me too.

Let's have some fairness for a change.

As already explained all the northern heartlands need is scapegoats such as Muslims, migrants etc.  Solutions to various problems and fairer pay for nurses don't mean jack. Remember Boris jibe about Muslim woman looking like letter-boxes?  He'll do something similar again nearer election time to cement  himself as one of the 'lads'.  Election won. 

4 hours ago, 26b-6 said:

As already explained all the northern heartlands need is scapegoats such as Muslims, migrants etc.  Solutions to various problems and fairer pay for nurses don't mean jack. Remember Boris jibe about Muslim woman looking like letter-boxes?  He'll do something similar again nearer election time to cement  himself as one of the 'lads'.  Election won. 

You still haven't explained what the northern heartlands wanted but it's certainly nothing to do with Muslims. This may be your take on it but the majority of us are not racist.

I'm also sure that Boris doesn't care what race or colour we are because all our politicians try to avoid thinking about the north.

The nurses will not agree that that fairer pay for them is so unimportant when some are using food banks.

Boris's jibe about letter boxes is just one of many examples of him opening his mouth with brain switched off , which he does all the time.

That remark doesn't make him "one of the lads"  in the north although that seems to match your train of thought.

28 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You still haven't explained what the northern heartlands wanted but it's certainly nothing to do with Muslims. This may be your take on it but the majority of us are not racist.

I'm also sure that Boris doesn't care what race or colour we are because all our politicians try to avoid thinking about the north.

The nurses will not agree that that fairer pay for them is so unimportant when some are using food banks.

Boris's jibe about letter boxes is just one of many examples of him opening his mouth with brain switched off , which he does all the time.

That remark doesn't make him "one of the lads"  in the north although that seems to match your train of thought.

Boris won the heartlands by scapegoating Muslims, Migrants and the EU. He won by a landslide. He knows solutions are irrelevant.  The evidence speaks for itself.   Even a blindman can see it.

13 minutes ago, 26b-6 said:

Boris won the heartlands by scapegoating Muslims, Migrants and the EU. He won by a landslide. He knows solutions are irrelevant.  The evidence speaks for itself.   Even a blindman can see it.

I believe Boris only won because Labour did their best to scupper Brexit.

I voted Labour for almost all of my life but will still not back them until they apologise and get rid of Starmer,  who was the chief architect of this resistance to democracy..

Your claims seem to infer that northerners are racist and almost all the people I know are certainly not.

Many were, and still are, against more immigrants simply because we don't have enough housing,  jobs, hospital beds, doctors etc because the country has been run down in recent years.

If  we had a full stock of housing and proper jobs available and people could see their GP without waiting 3 weeks, most of us would accept immigrants again.

We are against immigration for a reason and that reason is not racism.  We just need a government who has the sense to know when the country is  "full up", and neither Labour, nor the Tories know this.

It's quite obvious that you move in different circles from me so maybe we can both claim to be right but, if it were put to the British people, I'm sure the nurses would be looked after better.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I believe Boris only won because Labour did their best to scupper Brexit.

I voted Labour for almost all of my life but will still not back them until they apologise and get rid of Starmer,  who was the chief architect of this resistance to democracy..

Your claims seem to infer that northerners are racist and almost all the people I know are certainly not.

Many were, and still are, against more immigrants simply because we don't have enough housing,  jobs, hospital beds, doctors etc because the country has been run down in recent years.

If  we had a full stock of housing and proper jobs available and people could see their GP without waiting 3 weeks, most of us would accept immigrants again.

We are against immigration for a reason and that reason is not racism.  We just need a government who has the sense to know when the country is  "full up", and neither Labour, nor the Tories know this.

It's quite obvious that you move in different circles from me so maybe we can both claim to be right but, if it were put to the British people, I'm sure the nurses would be looked after better.

I think you've just agreed with him, in a round about way.

49 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think you've just agreed with him, in a round about way.

I'll never agree with him that fairness and nurses pay doesn't matter and that's what we were disagreeing about.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Perhaps there are some rolls of Lord Irvine's wallpaper left over from 1998 they could use. 

Perhaps.

But given the criticism Irvine received for having his office redecorated at a cost to the taxpayer of £650,000 you'd expect BoJo would have enough common sense to pay for his own wallpaper and paint?

But perhaps I'm asking too much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derry_Irvine,_Baron_Irvine_of_Lairg#Reputation