The Conservative Party - Part Two.

3 hours ago, Longcol said:

How did it go a long way? It was a tiny percentage of the annual budget - so small that it wouldn't have made any noticeable difference if they had set a budget with a "deficit" funded by  a small increase in borrowing.

It helped them balance the books so it went a long way.  As for the bit about if they had set a budget with a "deficit", well they didn't and didn't need to borrow anything so its just a strawman argument.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Why not ask some service users?

Why?

Is Terry fox a service user? Does he rely on council provided services?

As he the deputy leader of SCC I would think so, but again ask him not me.

Edited by apelike

22 hours ago, apelike said:

It helped them balance the books so it went a long way.  As for the bit about if they had set a budget with a "deficit", well they didn't and didn't need to borrow anything so its just a strawman argument.

Why?

As he the deputy leader of SCC I would think so, but again ask him not me.

Do you really think you will get an accurate and unbiased opinion from Mr Fox, (deputy leader of SCC.) who will have no end of political masters to serve? Far better to get the information from genuine service users than a person who can be accused of 'well he would say that wouldn't he' 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Do you really think you will get an accurate and unbiased opinion from Mr Fox, (deputy leader of SCC.) who will have no end of political masters to serve? Far better to get the information from genuine service users than a person who can be accused of 'well he would say that wouldn't he' 

So, can you enlighten me on how you or an individual like me would do that? Taking into account that terry Fox is also leader of a Labour held council. Its a bit like saying Corbyn would say that wouldn't he and then praising him as a saint!

Edited by apelike

Tories have just announced catch-up funding for summer schools.  It amounts to considerably less than last year's disastrous Eat Out to Help Out scheme, which succeeded only in contributing to the second wave of the virus by appealing to people's greed.

Maybe they're too busy trying to censor how history is taught by museums and heritage organisations to focus on side issues like school education.

Edited by Delbow

22 minutes ago, rsimmonite said:

They continue to do what is best for us.

They do what makes Boris looks good. Sometimes that is the same as what is best for us, but often not.

A little bit more honesty and openess would be good for us, but not good for Boris.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Maybe they're too busy trying to censor how history is taught by museums and heritage organisations to focus on side issues like school education.

Or lying about giving PPE contracts out to their pub landlord. Or denying there was a PPE shortage. Or saying how journalists abuse people. 

Busy.

Also telling people in Bristol what they should name their streets. So much to do.

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

this is a great clip, Piers Morgan  literally destroys Nadhim Zahawi over PPE and breaking the law over the contracts.

https://www.lancs.live/whats-on/whats-on-news/piers-morgan-lays-vaccines-minister-19886167

Similarly on Good Morning Britain yesterday morning, Morgan ripped into Health Secretary Matt Hancock after he  said he won’t apologise after a high court ruling found he acted unlawfully,  and in fact his team should be thanked!

Piers Erupts as Matt Hancock Claims His Team Should Be Thanked for Their Work in the Pandemic | GMB - YouTube

I hope government ministers get their stories straight by the time the official inquiry into the Government's handling of the pandemic happens....I can forsee lots of discrepancies in the accounts they will give. 

I doubt whether the  cross examining team will think it adequate for De Pfeffel, to turn up looking like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards, mumble a few Latin phrases, repeat the word 'alas', and think that will win them over. Might've worked for the electorate, it won't impress members of the Queens Counsel.

Imagine being so incompetent you can be monstered by Piers Morgan