The Conservative Party - Part Two.

On 13/01/2021 at 23:17, Mister M said:

That's not really information just a Twitter media rant about it as I have already stated. Notice that in the Twitter replies someone has also posted that it was meant to have a value of £30 (just like you posted in post #782) when it was costed out at £10.50 and was for 5 days. I have actually tried to find the Government Guidance list that Schneider has used but so far have not been able to find it.

However... This is the latest information on the matter:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-free-school-meals-guidance/covid-19-free-school-meals-guidance-for-schools

In tonight's address to the nation from our(less than great) leader, he kept referring to Britain being better than other countries in terms of the roll-out of the vaccine.

This highlights his problem and deficiencies as a "leader."

As the scientists keep telling us (and him), this is a world problem!  Would have thought the word "pandemic" might have dawned its meaning on thicko Boris.

All he's trying to do is rescue his tarnished reputation through statistics, statistics, etc...

He and his government have blood on their hands.

Yeah .  Funny how it isn't a "world problem" when people are looking for a bit of government bashing and start comparing statistics between countries and blaming Boris accusing him of performing the worst.

Now the UK has something which they are performing well at and far better than many countries in the rest of Europe and they still get slagged off.....

Edited by ECCOnoob

On 15/01/2021 at 19:02, ECCOnoob said:

Yeah .  Funny how it isn't a "world problem" when people are looking for a bit of government bashing and start comparing statistics between countries and blaming Boris accusing him of performing the worst.

Now the UK has something which they are performing well at and far better than many countries in the rest of Europe and they still get slagged off.....

Couple of things - Tories ARE reviewing EU labour laws. Do you think they'll add safeguards?

BBC News - Brexit: Government considers scrapping some EU labour laws
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55725720

It looks like they're after the working time directive, i.e. they want firms to be able to insist that workers work over 48 hours per week. I expect they'll badge this as "giving workers the choice" when it's no such thing. All this at a time when the case for a 4 day week is getting stronger.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

It looks like they're after the working time directive, i.e. they want firms to be able to insist that workers work over 48 hours per week. I expect they'll badge this as "giving workers the choice" when it's no such thing. All this at a time when the case for a 4 day week is getting stronger.

The WTD has always been a waste of time. Few jobs are over 48 hours a week, and those that are just have employees sign the declaration and opt out. Just bin it.

3 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

The WTD has always been a waste of time. Few jobs are over 48 hours a week, and those that are just have employees sign the declaration and opt out. Just bin it.

May be wrong on this but I think the ability to sign out of it is time limited, reviewed every 7 years, so UK firms may not have been able to do that for much longer...

...it's been kicked into the long grass a couple of times though I think.

It's certainly an offence to make the declaration a pre-requisite for successful applicants though.

A healthcare company ultimately controlled by leading Tory donor and former party chairman, Lord Ashcroft, has received a £350m contract as part of the government’s COVID-19 vaccination roll-out

Tory donor Lord Ashcroft’s outsourcing firm lands £350m vaccination contract | openDemocracy

Never let a good crisis go to waste....

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

A healthcare company ultimately controlled by leading Tory donor and former party chairman, Lord Ashcroft, has received a £350m contract as part of the government’s COVID-19 vaccination roll-out

Tory donor Lord Ashcroft’s outsourcing firm lands £350m vaccination contract | openDemocracy

Never let a good crisis go to waste....

Its not even a surprise anymore.

At least the company has a health care background.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Although the quality of service appears to leave a whole lot to be desired.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/revealed-tory-donor-lord-ashcrofts-outsourcing-firm-given-350m-vaccination-contract/

"Medacs was criticised in 2019 when a Care Quality Commission report on a homecare service run by the firm was rated "inadequate".

The regulator found “that the care people received was not safe. The majority of people's care calls were not delivered at the time they were expected and people gave examples of where this had impacted significantly upon them and the safety of the care that they received.”

Furthermore the report noted that: “medicines records were not kept up to date and CQC identified instances where medicines records showed a potential overdose”."

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

So we just accept it and wonder why our governments get ever more corrupt....

39 minutes ago, Anna B said:

So we just accept it and wonder why our governments get ever more corrupt....

its what the country voted for. I can write to my mp, he'll sidestep the question (he's a proper Boris acolyte). We'll have to wait 4years - he's got an 80 seat majority.