The Conservative Party - Part Two.

26 minutes ago, enntee said:

Don't forget that they are the front end of a load of incompetent civil servants.

You need more than just new politicians.

Yes, the mark of a truly great politician is the ability to blame civil servants when things go wrong.

48 minutes ago, melthebell said:

strangely that youtuber Alex Bell (field) end has been banging on about Kier Starmer stepping down and Dianne Abbott taking over, not sure where he got the idea from but seems as usual the tories in such disarray with incompetence get the attacks in on labour quick

Just Williamson? lol

Tories...the party of Uturns

More like the party of Roundabouts,  they are going around in circles. :hihi:

55 minutes ago, enntee said:

Don't forget that they are the front end of a load of incompetent civil servants.

You need more than just new politicians.

Arent the civil servants (scientists) giving him information and he ignores it? Inept doesn't even cover this lot. I'd have ANY former government in charge rather than this lot. As least Thatcher was a scientist.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Yes, the mark of a truly great politician is the ability to blame civil servants when things go wrong.

To be fair, there are those Dominic Cummings employed bypassing the normal recruitment procedures used to make sure candidates aren't idiots.

Didn't quite a lot of experienced civil servants leave because of the chaos they were handed due to Brexit? And of course Pritti Patel has bullied some out.

I am in my 70s and I can say categorically that this is the most incompetent  government I have ever known. Due to their inability to make any decisions until it's too late they are killing people and ruining the economy. If they were a company they would surely be charged with gross negligence and corporate manslaughter. 

Obviously William Blake had their ilk in mind when he penned the lines

How many have fallen there!

They stumble all night over bones of the dead,

And feel they know not what but care,

And wish to lead others when they should be led.

So Gavin Williamson is advising parents who are unhappy with schools' provision of online remote learning to report this to Ofsted.

Who should his and the DfE's incompetence be reported to?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/council/sheffield-pupils-missing-education-because-extremely-slow-delay-government-laptops-3089695

For the Tories, it's always, always someone else's fault. Or their algorithm simply "mutates" while their backs were turned. It frustrates me that there are so many people out there in the country who do their jobs really well but have a low opinion of themselves, and then we have these chancers failing all over who think they are above reproach and just blame their failings on others.

12 hours ago, Delbow said:

For the Tories, it's always, always someone else's fault. Or their algorithm simply "mutates" while their backs were turned. It frustrates me that there are so many people out there in the country who do their jobs really well but have a low opinion of themselves, and then we have these chancers failing all over who think they are above reproach and just blame their failings on others.

I’m certainly no Tory, less so a Boris fan but this is an unprecedented time and there would have been mistakes made by any administration. My main criticism is that the current one, 10 months in, doesn’t seem to have learnt from previous experiences. They continue to dither, delay, take last minute u turns, over promise and under deliver with no acknowledgement of shortcomings yet expect people to have utter trust in them. If, as individuals, they performed like this in an ordinary workplace they’d have have had the verbal, written warnings and P45 a long time ago 

One of UK’s richest MPs on list shaming people for not paying minimum wage

One of UK's richest MPs on list shaming people 'for not paying minimum wage' | Metro News

If it was 'an oversight' well.... But it wasn't, apparently. It was a misunderstanding. Mr Drax, who has an estimated wealth of up to £150 million, explained that  the staff paid less than the minimum wage were ‘beaters’ – who flush the animals out of their cover to be shot – and that it is traditional for them to receive a ‘modest sum’.

Unsurprisingly he also voted against raising the minimum wage.