The Conservative Party - Part Two.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

I want a fairer more equitable world for all, which has nothing to do with that nasty little phrase 'politics of envy.

I don't want to be party to a world in which children go hungry, where people die for want of cheap reliable medicine because some giant pharma corporation has decided to hike up their profits, where people risk life and limb to get away from poverty and destitution in little rubber boats, and so on.  

Most of the ills and evils of this world can be traced back to basic inequality. There are enough resources for everyone to have enough to live  good useful lives, but the distribution is all wrong. 

i fully agree with every word of that but I don't know how it's possible until we get some politicians with some empathy and that applies to the population too.

To much " all about me"

5 hours ago, GinTreeS7 said:

Surely it is the parents responsibility primarily to feed their children, and not the government?

Don't have more children than you can afford for the sake of obtaining a small few extra benefits 😞

And anyway the central Conservative government in London has already devolved significant amounts of money to the regional councils precisely to help with this situation for the very most needy 😕

I think that a lot of people are currently in a situation they weren't expecting to be in when they had their children.

One minute you're on full wage and living comforably, then a pandemic hits and you're furloughed on 80% (now 66% is it?) of your wage. Or even worse, you've lost your job.

Things you bought when you were on a full wage (houses, cars, etc, etc) still need paying but you don't have the money.

Making sure that the kids of the people adversely effected by this pandemic are fed, should be a no-brainer.

A longer term solution can be worked out at leisure once the initial crisis is averted.

6 hours ago, GinTreeS7 said:

Surely it is the parents responsibility primarily to feed their children, and not the government?

Don't have more children than you can afford for the sake of obtaining a small few extra benefits 😞

And anyway the central Conservative government in London has already devolved significant amounts of money to the regional councils precisely to help with this situation for the very most needy 😕

Another Tory sentiment.

Do you not realise that people sometimes have children that they can afford to feed and then later find themselves in changed circumstances.

Yes, it's the parents responsibility to feed their chidren once we have ensured that every family has the income it needs to do this.

The central Conservative Government gives away peanuts.

45 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

i fully agree with every word of that but I don't know how it's possible until we get some politicians with some empathy and that applies to the population too.

To much " all about me"

Oh dear... ever heard of a guy named Corbyn? That's all he wanted and why he has such a loyal following.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

As I said, all I want is a fairer more equitable world.

So did you deliberately omit the fact that the money is being used for pay and bonuses, not just bonuses, because it made your point stronger?

Did you not write who you are now quoting because that person would be expected to say nothing less and his sentiment will come as a shock to no-one, since he runs the think-tank below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Pay_Centre

If you want people to agree with you, don't misrepresent the facts you use to make your argument, otherwise you undermine it and yourself and people stop listening to what you are saying and will ignore what you say in future as unreliable.

44 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Oh dear... ever heard of a guy named Corbyn? That's all he wanted and why he has such a loyal following.

Name rings a bell.  Has he been in the news recently?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

6 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I believe this to be the story you read.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-8875103/amp/Banks-stockpile-cash-bumper-bonuses-Barclays-boosts-payout.html

You misreported it.  I pointed that out.  

21 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

So did you deliberately omit the fact that the money is being used for pay and bonuses, not just bonuses, because it made your point stronger?

Did you not write who you are now quoting because that person would be expected to say nothing less and his sentiment will come as a shock to no-one, since he runs the think-tank below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Pay_Centre

Name rings a bell.  Has he been on the news recently?

You kindly provided a link to the report. I suggest we allow people to read it for themselves and make their own minds up about it.  I repeat the link below.

6 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I believe this to be the story you read.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-8875103/amp/Banks-stockpile-cash-bumper-bonuses-Barclays-boosts-payout.html

You misreported it.  I pointed that out.  

Edited by Anna B

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You are seriously not trying to put up the disgraced anti-semite former opposition leader who suffered the worst defeat for decades as some sort of shining example.

10 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You are seriously not trying to put up the disgraced anti-semite former opposition leader who suffered the worst defeat for decades as some sort of shining example.

Now I'm seriously not drawing comparisons here, just an example.

Wasn't Jesus Christ, a really good man, executed because he posed a threat to the power of some really bad men. 

He had a following of loyal followers who understood what he was all about, yet the crowd called out for a reprieve of the felon Barrabas. 

Did they get it right?

People believe what they are told, and believe who they are told to believe. The only way to know for sure is to hear the words out of the horses mouth, and judge the man for yourself.

Edited by Anna B

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Wasn't Jesus Christ, a really good man, executed because he posed a threat to the power of some really bad men. 

He had a following of loyal followers who understood what he was all about, yet the crowd called for a reprieve of Barrabas

Seriously?

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Seriously?

I know, I know...    but the best example I could come up with that people are familiar with.

But innocent people are maligned all the time, and when you have the weight of the very powerful establishment up against you, you don't stand a chance.

Edited by Anna B

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

He had a following of loyal followers who understood what he was all about, yet the crowd called out for a reprieve of the felon Barrabas. 

Did they get it right?

People believe what they are told, and believe who they are told to believe. The only way to know for sure is to hear the words out of the horses mouth, and judge the man for yourself.

Um probably not no...there isn’t even any particularly compelling evidence that Jesus existed. There is even less evidence he was executed, or the reasons why.. 

Edited by Arnold_Lane
removed since Anna altered her comment