The Conservative Party - Part Two.

On 14/10/2020 at 19:42, tinfoilhat said:

There will be no hell to pay. He will not pay it, a government spokesman (dom) will say it is a matter for the council and Cummings has done nothing wrong. He will not pay £30k, he will not lose his job. Other people will be jailed for not paying their council tax.

Indeed. In France they are taking politicians to court for incompetence during the pandemic, like not having enough PPE, with possible jail sentences pending.

Can you imagine that happening here?

Never has it been clearer that there's one law for them and another for us.

We are not, and never have been, 'All in this together.'

24 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Indeed. In France they are taking politicians to court for incompetence during the pandemic, like not having enough PPE, with possible jail sentences pending.

Can you imagine that happening here?

Never has it been clearer that there's one law for them and another for us.

We are not, and never have been, 'All in this together.'

There's a difference in the way things work here in France - they're being investigated but certainly haven't been charged with anything.

But yes - can't imagine for a minute Boris et al being investigated

On 14/10/2020 at 22:03, Longcol said:

I loved some of the comments:

Hancock, Johnson and Cummings are also quite naughty and suggestive names with a common theme. Very apt for the Three Bellends.

Genevieve Linnea, Upper Bottomcrust, United Kingdom.

After many years in the closet the ugly, reactionary rhetoric which were characteristic of some politicians and Conservative commentators in the 1980s and 1990s

Brendan Clarke-Smith, MP for Bassetlaw, complained of "celebrity virtue signalling on Twitter" re free school meals . Following the Labour motion, debate and vote in Parliament which would've extended free school meals to be offered over the school holidays until Easter 2021 (which was defeated), Marcus Rashford said

"A significant number of children are going to bed tonight not only hungry but feeling like they do not matter because of comments that have been made today.  We must stop stigmatising, judging and pointing fingers - our views are being clouded by political affiliation." 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/oct/21/marcus-rashford-in-despair-as-mps-reject-free-school-meal-plan

Well done to Caroline Ansell, who has resigned from the government because she "could not in all conscience ignore" her belief the policy would benefit families struggling during the pandemic.

Meanwhile Clarke Smith and all those MPs can gorge themselves at one oft he many taxpayer subsidised restaurants and bars in the HoC, where I'm sure beans on toast or pasta and tinned tomatoes won't be tolerated as a main meal.

I wonder how his constituents of Bassetlaw feel about what their MP now?  Or do they just care about "getting Brexit done"

Edited by Mister M

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

After many years in the closet the ugly, reactionary rhetoric which were characteristic of some politicians and Conservative commentators in the 1980s and 1990s

Brendan Clarke-Smith, MP for Bassetlaw, complained of "celebrity virtue signalling on Twitter" re free school meals . Following the Labour motion, debate and vote in Parliament which would've extended free school meals to be offered over the school holidays until Easter 2021 (which was defeated), Marcus Rashford said

"A significant number of children are going to bed tonight not only hungry but feeling like they do not matter because of comments that have been made today.  We must stop stigmatising, judging and pointing fingers - our views are being clouded by political affiliation." 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/oct/21/marcus-rashford-in-despair-as-mps-reject-free-school-meal-plan

Well done to Caroline Ansell, who has resigned from the government because she "could not in all conscience ignore" her belief the policy would benefit families struggling during the pandemic.

Meanwhile Clarke Smith and all those MPs can gorge themselves at one oft he many taxpayer subsidised restaurants and bars in the HoC, where I'm sure beans on toast or pasta and tinned tomatoes won't be tolerated as a main meal.

I wonder how his constituents of Bassetlaw feel about what their MP now?  Or do they just care about "getting Brexit done"

After promising to "level up", they show their true colours again.

Not much changes in Westminster whilst they enjoy the gravy train.

I also want to  "get brexit done"  but don't forgive them their selfishness and greed.

House Of Commons Members Dining Room, subsidised by the UK taxpayer for people like Brendan Clarke-Smith 🐷

122170667_10164161648160065_4277612861189382807_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=9wCGnm47nqEAX-kFY64&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=5fb4f44485a16967e6c9ed6a28f3d745&oe=5FB83771
🐷 🐷🐷
Edited by Mister M

Sounds delicious, lucky MPs.

Maybe they could subsidise a few food banks so they can give out Pan fried salmon with courgette provencale, buttered cocotte potatoes, black olive crumb and chive cream sauce. So much more tempting than a tin of cold baked beans.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

Maybe they could subsidise a few food banks so they can give out Pan fried salmon with courgette provencale, buttered cocotte potatoes, black olive crumb and chive cream sauce. So much more tempting than a tin of cold baked beans.

In fairness, quite a few Tory MPs visited their local food banks last Christmas.

I remember the heartwarming photo opportunities well.

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

I find it disgusting that food banks have become normalised under this government. In a rich country like ours there should be no need for food banks.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

In fairness, quite a few Tory MPs visited their local food banks last Christmas.

I remember the heartwarming photo opportunities well.

I appreciate your comment is tongue in cheek, but seriously, if I was a tory mp I'd be embarrassed and ashamed that food banks even exist.

But then I suppose embarrassment and shame are not words that appear in a tory dictionary.

17 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

if I was a tory mp I'd be embarrassed and ashamed that food banks even exist.

But then I suppose embarrassment and shame are not words that appear in a tory dictionary.

What, you mean like the food banks which were established and prevalent during the last years of the last Labour government?

13 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

What, you mean like the food banks which were established and prevalent during the last years of the last Labour government?

There should be NO food banks in the UK,  no matter whether the government is Tory Or Labour.

All UK political parties should be ashamed and so should the electorate for not shouting louder and forcing action.

We may be a pain in the proverbial but, at least, we forum complainers have plenty to say about what's happening.

I also write to my MP quite a lot too - hope the rest of you do.