The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Charlie Elphicke has just been jailed for two years for sexual assault. 

Im very pleased to see that he’s gone to jail. Just a reminder though, he had the Tory whip removed when charged, but it was later reinstated. The reinstatement was to help Theresa May through a confidence  vote.

And there are those who say that you should never trust a Tory.

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

In your over excitement about an ex Tory MP being jailed you didn't get the true facts correct.

When the whip was first removed he hadn't been charged with any offence. You are confusing a police investigation with being charged with an alleged criminal offence. He  had the whip restored at a time when he hadn't  been charged with any criminal offence. The whip was removed again after he was charged with criminal offences. The ex MP has instructed his lawyers to appeal against the conviction on the grounds he didn't receive a fair trial. The current Tory MP for Dover is supporting his appeal because she believes her husband didn't receive a fair trial.

I guess that those who support law breaking by our Government will also seek to defend other criminals, including convicted sex offenders.

I can remember when the Tory party (and their supporters) considered themselves to be the party of law and order. Now they are a set of corrupt chancers who give cover to sex offenders and break any law that they don’t like.

I’d be interested to hear Mark Francois’ take on this. He’s usually pretty vocal about stuff. Isn’t he?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

No surprise you haven't thanked me for putting you right with the true facts about the ex Tory MP having the whip removed and reinstated and removed again. 

I'm not defending a convicted sex offender. I'm correcting your false comments about the circumstances of the whip being removed and reinstated. The Judge mentioned about the Tory whips being misled by the ex MP when she sentenced him. 

Sorry.

Thank you very much for your minor corrections to my previous post.

As Led Zeppelin almost said, the sentiment remains the same.

Should the #ToryRapist have the whip removed whilst the investigation is carried out?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

No surprise you haven't thanked me for putting you right with the true facts about the ex Tory MP having the whip removed and reinstated and removed again. 

I'm not defending a convicted sex offender. I'm correcting your false comments about the circumstances of the whip being removed and reinstated. The Judge mentioned about the Tory whips being misled by the ex MP when she sentenced him. 

However, it remains 'true facts' that the the whip was removed and reinstated and removed again. 

Plenty, including the Judge (above), on here have reflected on why the whips did the 'hokey-cokey' with the whip.  

Likewise , his wife, the current MP for Dover, only separated from him when he was found guilty.  She was said to be 'keeping the seat warm for him' for when a 'Not Guilty' verdict was handed down. Their separation seems to be expedient after all the other senarios have been eliminated. I hope the voters of Dover have been taking due notice. 

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The Tory whips gave the ex MP the benefit of the doubt when they restored the whip before he was actually charged with the offenses which he was eventually convicted of. The whip was rightly removed for the second time when the ex MP was charged. The judge said the ex MP had lied to the whips and his wife. The wife shouldn't be criticised for believing her husband's version of events and supporting him until the guilty verdict was delivered. The current Tory MP for Dover isn't responsible for the wrongdoing of her husband and the local electorate have ample time before the next general election to decide if she deserves to be reelected if she stands for the Dover seat again.

What should the party do about the #ToryRapist?

On 03/09/2020 at 10:38, West 77 said:

Boris would never have become Prime Minister if Parliament had either accepted Theresa May's deal or accepted the default no deal option.  I don't consider it to be a sorry state of affairs and we have those MPs who blocked Brexit for so long to thank for the current Conservative government led by Boris. Boris was never my preferred candidate to become Conservative leader but he was the only person who could guarantee a Conservative majority election victory and avoid the nightmare of Corbyn becoming Prime Minister. 

:hihi:

21 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

What should the party do about the #ToryRapist?

give him a peerage?

9 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The ex Tory MP hasn't been convicted of rape but was found guilty of sexually assaulting two women.  I expect him to be banned from the Tory party for life. I support tougher sentences for sexual assaults and rape. Now we have left the EU I would like to see a Tory government bring back the death penalty for crimes such as rape in certain circumstances.

I understand that it is difficult keeping up with all of the unsavoury activities of Tory MPs, but I was asking about the ex-cabinet minister (still an MP) who is currently under investigation for rape.

Elphicke had the whip withdrawn whilst he was being investigated. What about the current MP?

This one:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-mp-arrest-rape-victim-identity-public-parliament-returns-a9687096.html%3famp

Edited by Pettytom

10 minutes ago, West 77 said:

We were discussing the ex Tory MP who has been sentenced today. I will remind you what you typed 

Your question implies someone has been convicted of rape. The unnamed Tory MP hasn't been charged with any offence which is why I support the whip not being removed from him. If he is charged then the Tory whip will rightly be removed until the outcome of a criminal trial. You need to be less clumsy with the language and words you use because in this country everybody including Tory MPs are innocent until proven guilty.

The man concerned is known to most of the world as #ToryRapist. He’s currently voluntarily not attending parliament. I was wonder whether you had an opinion on why he was being treated differently to Elphicke.

In most professional occupations, allegations of rape (especially work related rape), would lead to suspension. It is a sign of the lack of morality within the parliamentary Conservative party that he’ still has the whip.

13 hours ago, melthebell said:

give him a peerage?

Liked :lol:

12 hours ago, West 77 said:

The ex Tory MP hasn't been convicted of rape but was found guilty of sexually assaulting two women.  I expect him to be banned from the Tory party for life. I support tougher sentences for sexual assaults and rape. Now we have left the EU I would like to see a Tory government bring back the death penalty for crimes such as rape in certain circumstances.

Less to do with the UK's (ex-) EU membership, than with the UK's signing of the ECHR (which Churchill bootstrapped, and which the UK by-and-large drafted and brought through), and which piece of international law continues to bind the UK today and for the foreseeable future.

But I'm confident that the current breed of Tory would interpret the bringing back of the death penalty  as a very specifc and limited breach of the ECHR and, since you take their every word as gospel, you'd be happy enough about that one too.

Gotta laugh at kakocracy cheerleaders :rolleyes:

Interesting that the Home Secretary runs a Department that "bases policies on anecdotes and prejudice".

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/18/home-office-policies-based-anecdotes-prejudice-damning-report

And some people want them to bring back the death penalty..................................................................

I wasn't sure whether to put this on here or the Coronavirus thread, Boris Johnson says don't snitch on your neighbour - unless for some huge kind of Animal House party, hot tubs and so forth. Wonder if he realises that the police have not got the resources.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/more-chaos-boris-johnson-says-22697754#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare