The Conservative Party - Part Two.

12 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

And what about all the gold that we stole from Venezuela?

Have we stolen it? Or just refused to hand it over to the leader this country does not recognise?

The decision was made by the High Court after they were asked for a ruling from The BoE.  What’s that got to do with the Conservative government?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

49 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Have we stolen it? Or just refused to hand it over to the leader this country does not recognise?

The decision was made by the High Court after they were asked for a ruling from The BoE.  What’s that got to do with the Conservative government?

It doesn't matter whether we recognise their democratically elected leader or not, the majority of the world does incidentally, it was not our gold to distribute to whomever we liked..

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

It doesn't matter whether we recognise their democratically elected leader or not, the majority of the world does incidentally, it was not our gold to distribute to whomever we liked..

It did to the BoE - that's why they sought a ruling.

My understanding is that we haven't distributed the gold to anyone.  It's still with the BoE.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you sure the majority of the world recognises Maduro?  This link suggests not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responses_to_the_Venezuelan_presidential_crisis#Recognition

Are you aware of all the facts?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

2 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

I am proud of my country.  The beautiful countryside, the people , the sense of humour, the free press, the pub.

I used to be proud of our Government and the way we, generally, ran things despite the massive tolerance of disobendiance, on a point of principle, by a large number of the population.

Now we have joined the selfish countries. The USA, Brazil, Russia, China, Belarus whose balance between money and public safety is massively at odds with ours  mine. I am ashamed of our new priorities.

..........and then comes the  reneging on parts of last year’s Brexit withdrawal agreement, which by the government’s own admission involve breaches of an international agreement.

The Conservatives would not have got their General Election without the Withdrawl Agreement. Remember the long, drawnout,  rigmarole the opposition went through because they did not trust them - they were right. But, even they did not think the Conservatives would sink so low.

I appeal to all right thinking Conservatives ditch your current leadership now. Remember what Maggie said about international agreements -  

"Britain does not break Treaties. It would be bad for Britain, bad for our relations with the rest of the world and bad for any future treaty on trade we may need to make. As Harold Macmillan said recently: ‘We used to stand for good faith. That is the greatest strength of our commerce overseas. And we are now being asked to tear up a Treaty into which we solemnly entered’".

Good post 👍

1 hour ago, Arnold_Lane said:

It did to the BoE - that's why they sought a ruling.

My understanding is that we haven't distributed the gold to anyone.  It's still with the BoE.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you sure the majority of the world recognises Maduro?  This link suggests not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responses_to_the_Venezuelan_presidential_crisis#Recognition

Are you aware of all the facts?

I thought they had already given the gold to the UK and the USA  puppet, it seems like it is still being held for some reason.

35 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I thought they had already given the gold to the UK and the USA  puppet, it seems like it is still being held for some reason.

Nope, its still in the Bank of England, ready to go to the rightful owner when it's established which it is.

The BoE said it was caught in the middle of two rival claims for the gold, one from the government of Mr Maduro and one from Mr Maduro's rival, Juan Guaidó, who declared himself acting president of Venezuela last year.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Nope, its still in the Bank of England, ready to go to the rightful owner when it's established which it is.

There is only one rightful owner, the one that won the election fair and square, but much to the shame of this country, this  corrupt Tory government and their cohorts in America want to install their own puppet government, 

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

There is only one rightful owner, the one that won the election fair and square, but much to the shame of this country, this  corrupt Tory government and their cohorts in America want to install their own puppet government, 

Let's come back to your claim that the majority of the world supports Maduro.

You can prove that, right?  My link shows otherwise.

So the lying cheating sexist racist prime minister is found to be lying and cheating again.

Are we surprised?

No - but why do we put up with him? - because the sheep that put him into power aren't willing to remove their rose-tinted glasses and adit they have put a scumbag into a position from which he can royally screw over this country.

He lies about testing

He proposes breaking international law

He lies about almost everything.

Boris should go now before he can break the United Kingdom apart.

19 minutes ago, Litotes said:

No.

Boris must stay until the United Kingdom has broken apart.

After which we can throw "Nudden Oirland" and the sectarian bigots of the DUP under a bus.

Then Boris must go.

31 minutes ago, Litotes said:

So the lying cheating sexist racist prime minister is found to be lying and cheating again.

Are we surprised?

No - but why do we put up with him? - because the sheep that put him into power aren't willing to remove their rose-tinted glasses and adit they have put a scumbag into a position from which he can royally screw over this country.

He lies about testing

He proposes breaking international law

He lies about almost everything.

8 minutes ago, The Joker said:

No.

Boris must stay until the United Kingdom has broken apart.

After which we can throw "Nudden Oirland" and the sectarian bigots of the DUP under a bus.

Then Boris must go.

Hes dragged us all down to his level :(

I hope that those in the mould of Boris and Trump keep rising to power. People really don't deserve anything less, and it's hilarious. 

Edited by Moistened