The Conservative Party - Part Two.

23 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

. . . . .and all of a sudden Raab is having a pop at the Russians about influencing the 2019 General Election . . . . . and the evidence he produces of leaked documents about the NHS, was something that slurs Corbyn for using said leaked documents . .

This makes me think  - What else is there in the report that makes it worth hiding when a  cheap shot against Corbyn is ingnored until now.

I think they started off with a cheap shot against Labour but once the media started mentioning the document was the one that made clear the NHS was on the table in trade negotiations with the US, which they obviously would rather people forget, they pivoted to emphasising the vaccine research angle. The whole thing about Russian hacking is definitely a desperate attempt to distract from what's in the report.

2 hours ago, altus said:

I think they started off with a cheap shot against Labour but once the media started mentioning the document was the one that made clear the NHS was on the table in trade negotiations with the US, which they obviously would rather people forget, they pivoted to emphasising the vaccine research angle. The whole thing about Russian hacking is definitely a desperate attempt to distract from what's in the report.

One thing is for sure, this lot of hapless chancers won’t be up to the task of news managing the report.

I’m expecting King Dom to go on a doorknob licking tour of Leicester, to try to draw attention away from the fact that Putin is operating Johnson digitally. And I don’t mean in the computer sense.

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

That would be quite funny if it wasn't so serious. Is he lying or just incompetent? (or a bit of both? 🤔)

I remember saying to my best friend that his 50th birthday (on the 23rd of March) would a least be memorable, as the start of lockdown.

Love to see that Boris has yet again been proven to be a liar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53443161

He really is conforming to his track record of being a liar, as well as being a racist, sexist and a cheat...

I can't understand how people voted for him as their role model and PM.

There are some real sheep supporting him these days as he leads us into the Brexit wilderness.

Still waiting for the Brexit dividend to show up in my street/life/city/country...

Oh, wait - just another Boris lie...

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Love to see that Boris has yet again been proven to be a liar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53443161

He really is conforming to his track record of being a liar, as well as being a racist, sexist and a cheat...

There are some real sheep supporting him these days as he leads us into the Brexit wilderness.

Still waiting for the Brexit dividend to show up in my street/life/city/country...

Oh, wait - just another Boris lie...

and what he said about not working from home from august has been contradicted from the governments own scientific adviser

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Depends on what you call people... I don't think anyone voted for him either as a role model or PM and I never saw those choices on any ballot paper! However.... the Conservative leader, just like any political leader, is voted for and chosen and in this case it was by the Conservative party.

41 minutes ago, apelike said:

Depends on what you call people... I don't think anyone voted for him either as a role model or PM and I never saw those choices on any ballot paper! However.... the Conservative leader, just like any political leader, is voted for and chosen and in this case it was by the Conservative party.

What’s the Tory definition these days?

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I don't know, why not ask one!

55 minutes ago, apelike said:

I don't know, why not ask one!

Because when you ask one, another contradicts you, and then the first one changes their mind... You might have seen this with face mask wearing as an example... Or testing , or coronavirus.

In fact, there is no point in asking them for an answer because the half life of any of their answers is about the same as the length of time a sausage-roll lasts at a wedding buffet.

On 17/07/2020 at 22:10, Mister Gee said:

They are conservative people who react against ............. (put your own subject here).

They like it just how it is and don't want change, thank-you very much.

I see that during voting on the new post-brexit trade bill, the tories have voted against a new clause that was:

"...intended to protect the NHS and publicly funded health and care services in other parts of the UK from any form of control from outside the UK."

Shouldn't really be surprised I guess.

Full bill here : https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8854/