The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Due to a forum glitch the previous thread got merged with another enormous thread so two new threads are being created on the same subject. 

The usual rules apply - keep it civil and post within forum rules. 

I think they are doing a stand out job , so likely the thread could be wrapped up pretty sharpish

The so called Conservative party has conserved very little over the past 40 or so years.

A public inquiry into the government's handling of coronavirus has finally been confirmed. 

3 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

A public inquiry into the government's handling of coronavirus has finally been confirmed. 

Excellent. We can expect it's findings in 2025, just after the Russia report is released and a redo of it in about 2032.

Mark your diaries people.

25 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Can you supply the source of that info? As all I can see is that the PM has agreed to hold an independent inquiry in the future and not a public one.

Just now, apelike said:

Can you supply the source of that info? As all I can see is that the PM has agreed to hold an independent inquiry in the future and not a public one.

Really, do you think the inquiry will not be a public one? Genuine question. 

7 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Really, do you think the inquiry will not be a public one? Genuine question. 

According to the BBC no, it will be just be an independant one which the PM has agreed to hold sometime in the future which makes a big difference. Not going into details here but look up what the difference is, not a jibe BTW.

Edited by apelike

13 minutes ago, apelike said:

According to the BBC no, it will be just be an independant one which the PM has agreed to hold sometime in the future which makes a big difference. Not going into details here but look up what the difference is, not a jibe BTW.

It would be political suicide if the inquiry isn't a public one. 

1 hour ago, Albert the Cat said:

It would be political suicide if the inquiry isn't a public one. 

I doubt it. Many voters just seem to be doubling down on Boris no matter how much of a mess he makes. Its tribal now, like supporting a football team - no matter how obvious it is they are wrong supporters still support them "just because".

2 minutes ago, nightrider said:

I doubt it. Many voters just seem to be doubling down on Boris no matter how much of a mess he makes. Its tribal now, like supporting a football team - no matter how obvious it is they are wrong supporters still support them "just because".

That’s not what the opinion polls suggest.

Johnson’s approval rating is tanking 

14 minutes ago, nightrider said:

I think he’s still got a core of support who think but I think starmer is winning a few over. 

But im not convinced we’ll get a public enquiry, or at least the report.