Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Not for any significant length of time with any one individual. 

And love to see the "science" that says covid particles can penetrate perspex 😎 Go find it tops!

A study did show that screens make things worse as airflow is a good combatant for viruses. Whu are masks being  mandated in supermarkets, a waste of time if what you say is true.

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

A study did show that screens make things worse as airflow is a good combatant for viruses. Whu are masks being  mandated in supermarkets, a waste of time if what you say is true.

And the link to this study is?

Like airflow only happens in one direction  - lol.

How do covid particles penetrate perspex? Who is pulling Johnson's strings?

Edited by Longcol

Guest makapaka

It’s just nuts. Sat in pub full of people watching football after going to match with 20k there - then getting told you need to wear a mask if you call in shop or get bus on way home…..

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And the link to this study is?

Like airflow only happens in one direction  - lol.

Ventilation is one of the requisites to moving forward, ventilation is most effective with constant air changes, blocking any transmission of air is never good, one of the reasons why buildings without opening windows have to have mechanical ventilation that have air change cycles dependent on how many users the particular room has.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

It’s just nuts. Sat in pub full of people watching football after going to match with 20k there - then getting told you need to wear a mask if you call in shop or get bus on way home…..

It makes absolutely zero sense.

34 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I don't normally read your posts I skip past them but - this minority DO understand, that's why we don't follow the totally illogical narrative, the minority is also getting bigger as people have had enough.

More and more people are having their first, second and booster jabs, more and more are making decisions based on facts presented to them.

The great British public have gone out and done something positive which your 3% minority can do nothing about.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Boris wants to be popular with everybody but appear statesmanlike and taking things seriously?

11 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Ventilation is one of the requisites to moving forward, ventilation is most effective with constant air changes, blocking any transmission of air is never good, one of the reasons why buildings without opening windows have to have mechanical ventilation that have air change cycles dependent on how many users the particular room has.

So how does the covid virus penetrate perspex? How does a few dozen meters of perspex in a big supermarket prevent any significant air changes?

Surely shelving would have a far greater effect.

Oh - and those long aisles of fridges / freezers..........................................

Edited by Longcol

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Under your 'theory' of viral transmission how does ventilation help? Are there bad things in the air? How did they get there? I'm asking for a friend.

Guest makapaka

Giving these variants names as well / what is that about.

OMICRON. Wtf.

they’ll be running out of Greek alphabet soon.

Yankee Lima foxtrot 

11 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Giving these variants names as well / what is that about.

OMICRON. Wtf.

they’ll be running out of Greek alphabet soon.

Yankee Lima foxtrot 

Not exactly new eg use of Delta variant has been around months..................

And (a pedant writes)  Yankee etc is the phonetic alphabet used by emergency services, not the Greek alphabet............ 

Edited by Longcol

45 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Wear one if you have a virus with a cough then, don't make everyone else.

Wearing a face covering in crowded places is my own personal choice. I'm not making you do anything. You do believe in personal choice yeah?

5 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Wearing a face covering in crowded places is my own personal choice. I'm not making you do anything. You do believe in personal choice yeah?

You could also balance a sweeping brush on your chin, you never know, it might help.

6 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Under your 'theory' of viral transmission how does ventilation help? Are there bad things in the air? How did they get there? I'm asking for a friend.

Air change ventilation  in occupied spaces is part of the building regulations for a reason, look it up.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

You could also balance a sweeping brush on your chin, you never know, it might help.

Wow you are on one aren't you. Maybe if people like you had stuck to the original guidelines we wouldn't be in this mess now. Bit of food for thought.

Edited by Dardandec