Coronavirus - Part Two.

24 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The young ones of today have never had it so good.

In my time, they were called up for National Service and that curtailed your social life too.

Remember how many 18 year olds were sent off to die on foreign battlefields.

All they are asked to do now, is go for a drink whilst observing the distancing rules etc and make a bit of effort to keep us ALL healthy.

If that's too much to ask, then our young people show up badly against those of the past.

I echo Mel's post and also say "Ah diddums"

This is bringing to mind the Monty Python four Yorkshiremen sketch.

3 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Deaths in the UK have now dropped from 27 to 11

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

I haven’t seen many kids run over outside schools so it’s probably time to drop those restrictive speed limits. Besides, little Johnny might have asthma!

41 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The young ones of today have never had it so good.

In my time, they were called up for National Service and that curtailed your social life too.

Remember how many 18 year olds were sent off to die on foreign battlefields.

All they are asked to do now, is go for a drink whilst observing the distancing rules etc and make a bit of effort to keep us ALL healthy.

If that's too much to ask, then our young people show up badly against those of the past.

I echo Mel's post and also say "Ah diddums"

Ok boomer.

Just heard the PM speaking in the HoC about the new restrictions, (fully backed by Keir Starmer),  which he said is looking like they may be in place for the next 6 months, (yes, SIX MONTHS), & the PM also stated if they don't look as though they are working, further restrictions would be applied. 

The message was clear, pubs, bars & restaurants to shut at 10pm, work from home again, where possible, increased fines for those not complying. 

Well there you have it.  You wanted decisiveness, you got it.  I now await comments that these measures are now draconian & go to far; the government is trying to control the masses, etc?

I agree with the new restrictions and they should be kept in place for as long as it takes.

Whiplash Mr BoShambles...

Who didn't see this coming?

Where is our world beating track and trace system?

What about our moonshots?

I can't see any of them - perhaps I should head to Barnard Castle to get my eyes tested...

(Where is Count DoCU? - he's been strangely silent).

35 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I agree with the new restrictions and they should be kept in place for as long as it takes.

So that's league one and two gone. 

45 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just heard the PM speaking in the HoC about the new restrictions, (fully backed by Keir Starmer),  which he said is looking like they may be in place for the next 6 months, (yes, SIX MONTHS), & the PM also stated if they don't look as though they are working, further restrictions would be applied. 

The message was clear, pubs, bars & restaurants to shut at 10pm, work from home again, where possible, increased fines for those not complying. 

Well there you have it.  You wanted decisiveness, you got it.  I now await comments that these measures are now draconian & go to far; the government is trying to control the masses, etc?

Does the virus only come out after 10?

48 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Yup.

And mandatory for retail staff to wear masks.

About time, too. I'm fed up seeing staff shelf-filling in smaller supermarkets, wandering up and down aisles and thinking masks weren't required.

What difference is shutting the pubs one hour earlier going to make, can't get my head around that one,  :loopy:

I see Sturgeon has banned visiting other households, I wonder when Boris will follow her and do the same here. She has also advised people against sharing car journey's with people from other households.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nicola-sturgeon-bans-household-visits-134724271.html

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/scots-nationwide-ban-visiting-other-houses-unveiled-nicola-sturgeon-2979838

55 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

Next to come.

£100 fine for parking in a spot used by someone else if you have not disinfected to it.

And then smiling in the direction of a pensioner

If people had followed the original guidance properly, we might not be in this mess now.

35 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

If people had followed the original guidance properly, we might not be in this mess now.

Equally, if people had stop up against the lockdown in the first place, we might not be in this [lockdown] mess now.

I  personally don't think the government has gone far enough, off the top of my head.

I'm still seeing lots of people walking into my local convenience store in the area I live not wearing a face covering almost to the point that I've thought have I missed a news article or briefing on tv , but I haven't and it totally frustrates me I agree that its important to keep the economy moving but id like to see the door marshals back with the idea in mind no face covering no entry with maybe the option to purchase one at the entrance to enable entry,

this virus isnt going to go away if people keep with the I'm alright jack attitude really grinds my gears.