Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, apelike said:

Yes a fallacy, as no one has yet proven that face coverings have any positive affect in helping control the virus and even the Who state that medical grade masks are the ones that work not any old face covering.

A fallacy is the use of invalid or otherwise faulty reasoning, or "wrong moves" in the construction of an argument. A fallacious argument may be deceptive by appearing to be better than it really is.

 

Just because something has not been proven does not make it a fallacy. You need to disprove it for it to be a fallacy...

 

Waiting...

Waiting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

A second lockdown is looking inevitable now. Cases rising rapidly and behaviour not really adjusting to take account of the infection rates.

 

It’s a shame really that the actions of careless folk affect the liberty of the rest of us

Yet deaths from coronavirus are currently less than 28/day in the whole of the UK. Deaths from cancer are usually 450/day in the UK [though may be higher currently due to the increase caused by lack of availabiltiy to treatment as a direct result of the lockdown and coronavirus 'measures'].

 

It's a grave mistake that the authorities and media are continuing to whip up and maintain fear amongst the gullible element of the public, by focusing on infection rates rather than the very low number of actual deaths caused by the virus.

 

Tragic that the decimation of the economy and destruction of tens of thousands of small businesses, with countless deaths from untreated treatable conditions, and, the upcoming effects of unemployment and mental illness, continues, to tackle a 'pandemic' that is killing less than 28 people a day in a country of 67,886,011 people!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Yet deaths from coronavirus are currently less than 28/day in the whole of the UK. Deaths from cancer are usually 450/day in the UK [though may be higher currently due to the increase caused by lack of availabiltiy to treatment as a direct result of the lockdown and coronavirus 'measures'].

 

It's a grave mistake that the authorities and media are continuing to whip up and maintain fear amongst the gullible element of the public, by focusing on infection rates rather than the very low number of actual deaths caused by the virus.

 

Tragic that the decimation of the economy and destruction of tens of thousands of small businesses, with countless deaths from untreated treatable conditions, and, the upcoming effects of unemployment and mental illness, continues, to tackle a 'pandemic' that is killing less than 28 people a day in a country of 67,886,011 people!

 

 

Trouble is, our deaths lag infection rates by about 6-8 weeks. So go and take another look at the infection graph from that perspective.

 

Add in the long term damage that Covid can cause to even healthy people and you should be able to see the imperative for action.

 

Most governments in the world are taking action against Covid. I guess you could be right and they might all be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Yet deaths from coronavirus are currently less than 28/day in the whole of the UK. Deaths from cancer are usually 450/day in the UK [though may be higher currently due to the increase caused by lack of availabiltiy to treatment as a direct result of the lockdown and coronavirus 'measures'].

 

It's a grave mistake that the authorities and media are continuing to whip up and maintain fear amongst the gullible element of the public, by focusing on infection rates rather than the very low number of actual deaths caused by the virus.

 

Tragic that the decimation of the economy and destruction of tens of thousands of small businesses, with countless deaths from untreated treatable conditions, and, the upcoming effects of unemployment and mental illness, continues, to tackle a 'pandemic' that is killing less than 28 people a day in a country of 67,886,011 people!

 

 

There's always going to be a gap between the numbers going up (exponentially is the word SAGE are using I believe) and deaths. They'll come a little later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an actual genuine app that works for this yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Trouble is, our deaths lag infection rates by about 6-8 weeks. So go and take another look at the infection graph from that perspective.

 

Add in the long term damage that Covid can cause to even healthy people and you should be able to see the imperative for action.

 

Most governments in the world are taking action against Covid. I guess you could be right and they might all be wrong. 

As usual, the long term damage from lack of cancer treatment, rising mental illness, rising long term unemployment etc, etc, etc don't get a mention. Figure those in please.

 

 

28 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

There's always going to be a gap between the numbers going up (exponentially is the word SAGE are using I believe) and deaths. They'll come a little later.

We'll see won't we. My prediction is that however much infections rise, deaths from covid will stay low. In contrast to deaths from lack of cancer treatment, long term unemployment, mental illness etc, etc; the numbers for which will be horrific.

Edited by onewheeldave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

As usual, the long term damage from lack of cancer treatment, rising mental illness, rising long term unemployment etc, etc, etc don't get a mention. Figure those in please.

 

 

We'll see won't we. My prediction is that however much infections rise, deaths from covid will stay low. In contrast to deaths from lack of cancer treatment, long term unemployment, mental illness etc, etc; the numbers for which will be horrific.

Hope youre not trying to scare people just like the media you accuse of doing the same? OO

16 hours ago, apelike said:

Yes a fallacy, as no one has yet proven that face coverings have any positive affect in helping control the virus and even the Who state that medical grade masks are the ones that work not any old face covering.

Feel free to prove that wearing nothing at all over your face is safer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Litotes said:

A fallacy is the use of invalid or otherwise faulty reasoning, or "wrong moves" in the construction of an argument. A fallacious argument may be deceptive by appearing to be better than it really is.

That is just one interpretation of many and chosen because it fits your idea and was probably the first hit on the Google list. :)

 

Its can also mean:

 

A deceptive, misleading, false notion or belief.

 

A misleading or unsound argument.

 

Deceptive, misleading or false nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


To anyone who is aware of the coming deaths from mental illness, economic devastation, lack of access to GP's, cancer treatment, the impossible backlog of cases for the NHS, who have seen the small businesses of friends and relatives destroyed by the covid measures; and realise that said measures/lockdowns will cause far more misery and mortality than any lives saved from the virus.

 

This state of affairs can only continue as long as the majority of the public are kept in a constant state of irrational fear- and due to the constant whipping up of said fear by the authorities and media, that is likely to continue.

 

My advice would be to focus on spreading awareness of the actual death statisitics, currently 28/day in the UK- we are not seeing this very important statistic on the front pages of the newspapers which are focusing only on further fear mongering.

 

In my opinion, if every member of the public knew that this virus is killing 28 people a day, they would be considerably less tolerant of lockdown measures which will lead to many thousands of deaths from economic damage, mental illness, mass unemployment, lack of access to healthcare etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Trouble is, our deaths lag infection rates by about 6-8 weeks. So go and take another look at the infection graph from that perspective.

I have just been reading this letter of reply in the Guardian so you should like it.... ;)

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/18/is-covid-end-closer-than-we-think

 

Seems like there is more to this than meets the eye.

 

Quote

Add in the long term damage that Covid can cause to even healthy people and you should be able to see the imperative for action.

An just how many healthy people have been damaged by this so far?

 

Quote

Most governments in the world are taking action against Covid. I guess you could be right and they might all be wrong. 

Most government have just panicked into action, that's all.

 

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Feel free to prove that wearing nothing at all over your face is safer

If you can provide the data that shows and proves that wearing a covering works then I can compare it. ;)

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, apelike said:

 

 

If you can provide the data that shows and proves that wearing a covering works then I can compare it. ;)

Youre the one that has an issue with it and seem to think that it actually makes things worse. whereas common sense tells you blocking your mouth and nose when breathing, talking and coughing with anything stops plenty of particles getting into the immediate air where others can breathe it in or get it on their skin. It doesnt take an expert to "prove" this.

Along with keeping your distance between people so youre less likely to breathe in any particles not stopped by cloth, and washing your hands regularly and sanitising them all helps

 

your turn to prove otherwise

Edited by melthebell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

In my opinion, if every member of the public knew that this virus is killing 28 people a day, they would be considerably less tolerant of lockdown measures which will lead to many thousands of deaths from economic damage, mental illness, mass unemployment, lack of access to healthcare etc.

TBH I think a many already do, especially the young who are now being scapegoated as selfish. There seems to be an uproar about what some young Goggle box contributors have said on air about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.