Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 minutes ago, apelike said:

If you can provide the data that shows and proves that wearing a covering works then I can compare it. ;)

Youre the one that has an issue with it and seem to think that it actually makes things worse. whereas common sense tells you blocking your mouth and nose when breathing, talking and coughing with anything stops plenty of particles getting into the immediate air where others can breathe it in or get it on their skin. It doesnt take an expert to "prove" this.

Along with keeping your distance between people so youre less likely to breathe in any particles not stopped by cloth, and washing your hands regularly and sanitising them all helps

your turn to prove otherwise

Edited by melthebell

13 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

In my opinion, if every member of the public knew that this virus is killing 28 people a day, they would be considerably less tolerant of lockdown measures which will lead to many thousands of deaths from economic damage, mental illness, mass unemployment, lack of access to healthcare etc.

TBH I think a many already do, especially the young who are now being scapegoated as selfish. There seems to be an uproar about what some young Goggle box contributors have said on air about it.

Yes it's mid twenties a day NOW, after all the restrictions in place but in March was ticking alone at nearly a tbousand a day and if nothing had been done would have completely overwhelmed the hospitals

The morons in Tralfalger sqaure today have turned to go see Dr Andrew Wakefield as a speaker

Except of course his fraudulent " research " got him struck off the medical register and a huge spike in illness as people are frightened off having thier children vacinated.

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Youre the one that has an issue with it and seem to think that it actually makes things worse.

Now point out where I have stated it makes things worse! I also wish to point out again that I wear a face covering in adherence to the law.

whereas common sense tells you blocking your mouth and nose when breathing, talking and coughing with anything stops plenty of particles getting into the immediate air where others can breathe it in or get it on their skin. It doesnt take an expert to "prove" this.

Common sense also dictates that blocking your mouth and nose when breathing can also kill! Do you know why peoples glasses mist up when wearing a face covering? You are correct in that it may not take an expert to prove anything but it seems that many on here also knock those very government experts for their given advice when it suits them.

Along with keeping your distance between people so youre less likely to breathe in any particles not stopped by cloth, and washing your hands regularly and sanitising them all helps

I agree regular washing of hands and with the social distancing bit and have not argued otherwise, only that the 2M regulation was just an arbitrary figure plucked from thin air. Another point to remember is that face masks/covering are meant to stop it spreading outwards not to protect those that are wearing them.

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

Now point out where I have stated it makes things worse! I also wish to point out again that I wear a face covering in adherence to the law.

Common sense also dictates that blocking your mouth and nose when breathing can also kill! Do you know why peoples glasses mist up when wearing a face covering? You are correct in that it may not take an expert to prove anything but it seems that many on here also knock those very government experts for their given advice when it suits them.

I agree regular washing of hands and with the social distancing bit and have not argued otherwise, only that the 2M regulation was just an arbitrary figure plucked from thin air. Another point to remember is that face masks/covering are meant to stop it spreading outwards not to protect those that are wearing them.

yes you wear a mask to protect others, its about not being selfish, the increase in cases is due to selfishness, as for your point that covering your airways can kill, no pulling the wool over your eyes is there, hence why people with breathing difficulties are exempt. more common sense

Edited by melthebell

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

.... as for your point that covering your airways can kill, no pulling the wool over your eyes is there, hence why people with breathing difficulties are exempt. more common sense

Actually it was a tongue in cheek reply to this partial quote by you::)

"whereas common sense tells you blocking your mouth and nose when breathing,  talking and coughing with anything....."

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Youre the one that has an issue with it and seem to think that it actually makes things worse. whereas common sense tells you blocking your mouth and nose when breathing, talking and coughing with anything stops plenty of particles getting into the immediate air where others can breathe it in or get it on their skin. It doesnt take an expert to "prove" this.

Given that covering mouth and nose provides only benefits and no negatives, strange how evolution didn't provide the biological equivalent, but stuck with just nasal hairs and cilia, not like evolution to get things wrong. 

57 minutes ago, apelike said:

TBH I think a many already do, especially the young who are now being scapegoated as selfish. There seems to be an uproar about what some young Goggle box contributors have said on air about it.

Oh yes- while the vocal pro-lockdown majority demand limiting freedom further and ensuring a catastrophe of economic devastation and deaths from mental illness, there are plenty of people who see this for the hysteria it is; unfortunately those who dissent are bullied into silence. Many social media channels have been deplatformed due to being critical of the measures. 

I've also spoken to several taxi drivers who have had conversations with NHS staff who say that, in their opinion, the measures are totally out of proportion and, in their eyes, doing far more harm than good- yet they not only have to go along with the measures, but can't object, as they are fearful of being sacked.

55 minutes ago, butlers said:

Yes it's mid twenties a day NOW, after all the restrictions in place but in March was ticking alone at nearly a tbousand a day and if nothing had been done would have completely overwhelmed the hospitals

Yes- I'm talking about NOW- UK deaths are lower than 28 a day now.

Incidently, in the UK hospitals came nowhere near being overwhelmed. Sadly, many thousands of non-covid patients couldn't get treatment due to the lockdown, while nurses where so bored at the lack of things to do that there are many youtube videos of them doing complex dance routines that must have required many hours of practice.

35 minutes ago, melthebell said:

yes you wear a mask to protect others, its about not being selfish, the increase in cases is due to selfishness, as for your point that covering your airways can kill, no pulling the wool over your eyes is there, hence why people with breathing difficulties are exempt. more common sense

The increase in cases is in large part due to the increase in testing- the more you test, the more you'll find, obviously.

And, again, the increase in cases is an increase in detected infections, not deaths. Deaths in the UK are currently under 28 a day.

As for exemptions, in the social enterprise I work for, we have many autisitc and disabled clients who are exempt, but who either force themselves to wear a mask, despite it harming them, or, avoid using public transport, because, even though exempt, they feel highly intimidated by the judgemental public.

While, if I was going to pick one positive thing about the hysteria measures, it would be that disabled people are exempt, and, there have been clear instructions from the authorities that people not wearing masks are not to be challenged, we still need to be aware that there is bullying going on.

In fact there was a post on SF from a shopkeeper who openly declared that he would not allow exempt people into his shop without a mask- several posters gave their thumbs up to that. When I pointed out he was breaking the law, posters argued against me!

No, the level of testing hasn't changed since July. It's because more people have The virus.

2 hours ago, apelike said:

That is just one interpretation of many and chosen because it fits your idea and was probably the first hit on the Google list. :)

Its can also mean:

A deceptive, misleading, false notion or belief.

A misleading or unsound argument.

Deceptive, misleading or false nature.

Shot yourself in the foot there - the word false is in 2 of the definitions - for something to be false it has to be disproven....

For something to be unsound - "not based on sound or reliable evidence or reasoning" - again, watch out big toe--- boom!!!

Waiting...

Waiting...

22 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Given that covering mouth and nose provides only benefits and no negatives, strange how evolution didn't provide the biological equivalent, but stuck with just nasal hairs and cilia, not like evolution to get things wrong. 

Aren't nasal hairs and cilia coverings?

Oh yes- while the vocal pro-lockdown majority demand limiting freedom further and ensuring a catastrophe of economic devastation and deaths from mental illness, there are plenty of people who see this for the hysteria it is; unfortunately those who dissent are bullied into silence. Many social media channels have been deplatformed due to being critical of the measures. 

Or for spreading falsehoods?

I've also spoken to several taxi drivers who have had conversations with NHS staff who say that, in their opinion, the measures are totally out of proportion and, in their eyes, doing far more harm than good- yet they not only have to go along with the measures, but can't object, as they are fearful of being sacked.

Heresay - and I've spoken to many many people who think that the precautions aren't strict enough - neither case is based on fact.

Yes- I'm talking about NOW- UK deaths are lower than 28 a day now.

Incidently, in the UK hospitals came nowhere near being overwhelmed. Sadly, many thousands of non-covid patients couldn't get treatment due to the lockdown, while nurses where so bored at the lack of things to do that there are many youtube videos of them doing complex dance routines that must have required many hours of practice.

The increase in cases is in large part due to the increase in testing- the more you test, the more you'll find, obviously.

Yet another failing of the incompetent government led by Mr Boshambles.

And, again, the increase in cases is an increase in detected infections, not deaths. Deaths in the UK are currently under 28 a day.

As for exemptions, in the social enterprise I work for, we have many autisitc and disabled clients who are exempt, but who either force themselves to wear a mask, despite it harming them, or, avoid using public transport, because, even though exempt, they feel highly intimidated by the judgemental public.

How does it harm them? Love to see the facts, not the Daily |Express/Mail type, but actual facts...

While, if I was going to pick one positive thing about the hysteria measures, it would be that disabled people are exempt, and, there have been clear instructions from the authorities that people not wearing masks are not to be challenged, we still need to be aware that there is bullying going on.

Are those that don't wear masks not bullying those that do?

In fact there was a post on SF from a shopkeeper who openly declared that he would not allow exempt people into his shop without a mask- several posters gave their thumbs up to that. When I pointed out he was breaking the law, posters argued against me!

Was he?

What law was he breaking?

3 hours ago, apelike said:

Most government have just panicked into action, that's all.

It’s a good job that you and Dave turned up, to point us onto the one true path.