Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

This thread still going strong I see. 

I was at an event in Birmingham today and I actually thought about this thread when I saw all the hand sanitizer and warning stickers. I'm very happy to say that I saw only one masked individual at the event all day. Everyone else was smiling, mingling and having a great time. 

Of course, there's no way of us finding out how many of those unmasked individuals will still be smiling in (say) two weeks time. 

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

This thread still going strong I see. 

I was at an event in Birmingham today and I actually thought about this thread when I saw all the hand sanitizer and warning stickers. I'm very happy to say that I saw only one masked individual at the event all day. Everyone else was smiling, mingling and having a great time. 

Perhaps no surprise then that the UK currently has the highest number of new covid infections in the world.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Guest sibon
15 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Perhaps no surprise then that the UK currently has the highest number of new covid infections in the world.

You can prove anything with statistics you know 

41 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Of course, there's no way of us finding out how many of those unmasked individuals will still be smiling in (say) two weeks time. 

After unknowingly mingled with the vaccine sceptic.

Our lot are masked up again , no pubs , no big gatherings , its not pleasant but necessary again .

We have lost a near neighbour last week who was not a big mixer but still got it after two jabs as well .

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

Statistics statistics and damned lies. What amazed me was the announcement that Covid-19 was not a product of biological warfare, which is a bit like saying that a series of flight cancellations had nothing to do with international terrorism.

Guest makapaka
15 hours ago, Longcol said:

It’s hardly surprising when we test 10% of the population each week.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

It’s hardly surprising when we test 10% of the population each week.

Figures are a count of test results and may include more than one test per person. Since testing started in the UK, 327 million tests have been carried out - safe to say some people or groups of people are tested regularly, others might not have had a single test.

Yes - UK tests more than most. Pretty sure  eg Russia's infection rate is far higher than the UK's. But many Western European countries infection rates are far lower even allowing for fewer tests.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Figures are a count of test results and may include more than one test per person. Since testing started in the UK, 327 million tests have been carried out - safe to say some people or groups of people are tested regularly, others might not have had a single test.

Yes - UK tests more than most. Pretty sure  eg Russia's infection rate is far higher than the UK's. But many Western European countries infection rates are far lower even allowing for fewer tests.

It’s not more than most - it’s more than any other country.

the nearest to us is the Czechs in 2nd who we are still 25% higher than and we are testing  double than that of the 3rd placed country. 

17 hours ago, RJRB said:

After unknowingly mingled with the vaccine sceptic.

"The" vaccine sceptic. Cos of course there's only one 😂

Maybe they saw this and decided against having it... 

Adverse drug reactions (ADRs)

Blood and lymphatic system disorders (98163)

Cardiac disorders (124613)

Congenital, familial and genetic disorders (1354)

Ear and labyrinth disorders (80245)

Endocrine disorders (3524)

Eye disorders (88196)

Gastrointestinal disorders (488366)

General disorders and administration site conditions (1457543)

Hepatobiliary disorders (4964)

Immune system disorders (34153)

Infections and infestations (173939)

Injury, poisoning and procedural complications (118944)

Investigations (332125)

Metabolism and nutrition disorders (54125)

Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders (694330)

Neoplasms benign, malignant and unspecified (incl cysts and polyps) (3729)

Nervous system disorders (1029684)

Pregnancy, puerperium and perinatal conditions (5666)

Product issues (3768)

Psychiatric disorders (113245)

Renal and urinary disorders (19599)

Reproductive system and breast disorders (103310)

Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders (256136)

Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders (326297)

Social circumstances (17051)

Surgical and medical procedures (24503)

Vascular disorders (129910)

55 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

"The" vaccine sceptic. Cos of course there's only one 😂

Maybe they saw this and decided against having it... 

Adverse drug reactions (ADRs)

[...]

Product issues (3768)

[...]

Social circumstances (17051)

[...]

I often have product issues with my KitKat after seeing your posts and would probably suffer a deterioration in my social circumstances if I did not immediately clean up the 'outcome' of my aerosolised KitKats.

Seriously though, it would be nice if you stopped feeding people misinformation and/ or trying to mislead them. With the exception of the known mild side-effects almost none of your 'adverse drug reactions' were caused by the vaccine. You would have got a boat load of adverse drug reactions if 100 million doses of saline had been administered rather than vaccine just 'cos in life sh*t happens and very occasionally, just by coincidence, it happens in the week or two after you have a vaccine.