Coronavirus - Part Two.

A Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly ten million residents of Wuhan, China came to the following conclusion:

“The citywide nucleic acid screening of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan recruited nearly 10 million people, and found no newly confirmed cases with COVID-19. The detection rate of asymptomatic positive cases was very low, and there was no evidence of transmission from asymptomatic positive persons to traced close contacts. There were no asymptomatic positive cases in 96.4% of the residential communities”.

But da Guardian told me it’s a fing doh 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

The ones I had had gone through years of development and had been tried and trusted and most importantly they actually prevented you getting the ailment that you had it for in the first place, usually the reason you have them. 

So...

You believed what was claimed in their cases.

What made you believe the advice/information then, but not now? 

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

A Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly ten million residents of Wuhan, China came to the following conclusion:

“The citywide nucleic acid screening of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan recruited nearly 10 million people, and found no newly confirmed cases with COVID-19. The detection rate of asymptomatic positive cases was very low, and there was no evidence of transmission from asymptomatic positive persons to traced close contacts. There were no asymptomatic positive cases in 96.4% of the residential communities”.

But da Guardian told me it’s a fing doh 🤣🤣🤣

At least people post the Guardian as a source of their information

I think it's an inevitable reality  that our Government will soon be insisting on " Covid passports" to prove our jab status. Many other countries in Europe and the rest of the world have already made these Covid passports mandatory to prove your vaccination status before you will be allowed to do certain things. My main issue is that the only way we will be able to 'prove' our vax status is by downloading an app on a smartphone - and if you haven't got a smartphone - you're stuffed!

I'm not an anti-vaxxer...or at least, I wasn't an anti-vaxxer previously - but I bloody well am an anti-vaxxer now!!  I'm in my 60's, I'm already double-jabbed and awaiting to be offered my 3rd booster jab - but I have no way of proving it, because I haven't got a smartphone. After receiving my 2nd jab, I rang 119 and they sent me a letter confirming that I had been double-jabbed - but the letter is pointless, because no organisations seem to accept it as proof - they'll  only accept the smartphone app as proof! There must be millions of people - particularly the elderly - who haven't got a smartphone. It's ridiculous that they are unable to "prove" they've been vaccinated.

Although I'm already double-jabbed, if I could go back in time, I would choose not to have the jabs at all. I was in perfect health before having the Covid jabs, but have had many health problems since. It may be just a coincidence that my health has deteriorated since having the jabs, but I can't help but wonder if the jabs were the direct cause of my deteriorating health. I guess I'll never know! What I do know is that having the jabs has done me no good - and may well have done me harm - and without a smartphone. I can't prove my jab status anyway. I feel that I've just foolishly allowed a health-threatening poison to be injected into my body. for no good reason! Maybe it's  closing the stable door after the horse has already bolted, but I have no intention of taking the 3rd booster vaccine when it's offered to me. I now think that those of us who have voluntarily been vaccinated already - including myself - are now just shown to be gormless, gullible sheep who stupidly fell for the Government line that the vax protected us and was good for us - when now it is becoming more and more obvious by the day that the vax, at best. gives no protection at all and, at worst, actually damages our health.  I now think that the government just wants us all to be jabbed and to all carry smartphones to prove it - just as a form of big brother style control! 

9 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

I think it's an inevitable reality  that our Government will soon be insisting on " Covid passports" to prove our jab status. Many other countries in Europe and the rest of the world have already made these Covid passports mandatory to prove your vaccination status before you will be allowed to do certain things. My main issue is that the only way we will be able to 'prove' our vax status is by downloading an app on a smartphone - and if you haven't got a smartphone - you're stuffed!

I'm not an anti-vaxxer...or at least, I wasn't an anti-vaxxer previously - but I bloody well am an anti-vaxxer now!!  I'm in my 60's, I'm already double-jabbed and awaiting to be offered my 3rd booster jab - but I have no way of proving it, because I haven't got a smartphone. After receiving my 2nd jab, I rang 119 and they sent me a letter confirming that I had been double-jabbed - but the letter is pointless, because no organisations seem to accept it as proof - they'll  only accept the smartphone app as proof! There must be millions of people - particularly the elderly - who haven't got a smartphone. It's ridiculous that they are unable to "prove" they've been vaccinated.

Although I'm already double-jabbed, if I could go back in time, I would choose not to have the jabs at all. I was in perfect health before having the Covid jabs, but have had many health problems since. It may be just a coincidence that my health has deteriorated since having the jabs, but I can't help but wonder if the jabs were the direct cause of my deteriorating health. I guess I'll never know! What I do know is that having the jabs has done me no good - and may well have done me harm - and without a smartphone. I can't prove my jab status anyway. I feel that I've just foolishly allowed a health-threatening poison to be injected into my body. for no good reason! Maybe it's  closing the stable door after the horse has already bolted, but I have no intention of taking the 3rd booster vaccine when it's offered to me. I now think that those of us who have voluntarily been vaccinated already - including myself - are now just shown to be gormless, gullible sheep who stupidly fell for the Government line that the vax protected us and was good for us - when now it is becoming more and more obvious by the day that the vax, at best. gives no protection at all and, at worst, actually damages our health.  I now think that the government just wants us all to be jabbed and to all carry smartphones to prove it - just as a form of big brother style control! 

I have a smart phone and double jabbed.

No one has asked for proof of vaccination no matter where I go. But even if they did, I've kept the card with dates of my vaccine on. 

It's really not Big Brother keeping tabs on you 

Edited by Delayed

3 hours ago, sibon said:

Hi Anna

I do hope that you get over your infection soon. Just over a year ago, before your vaccinations, it would probably have been a whole lot more serious. 

Look at the stats carefully. Infection rates are currently very high, but hospitalisations and deaths are well down on the early stages of the pandemic. The vaccines work, that's beyond doubt. 

It is in the nature of viruses that they mutate and dodge immune response, so I guess we will be fighting covid for some time yet. The good news is that as people get vaccinated and/or catch the illness, it will become less and less serious. Eventually,  it will be no more than a bad case of the sniffles for most people.

Thanks sibon. At the moment it's no more than a bad cold, I hope it stays that way and I'll be fine. The isolating is a bit of an inconvenience, but I'm retired anyway so no big deal.

However, I am worried about how many people I may have passed it on to. I was at Whetherby services on the A1 before I knew I had it, and it was rammed with people, no masks, no social distancing. So I've changed my mind on that one. In future I will be wearing a mask in public places.

Edited by Anna B

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

So I've changed my mind on that one. In future I will be wearing a mask in public places.

good to hear, thankyou, small things matter

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Keep wearing the masks friends , it helps .

Since day one the slogan in France has been "I protect you, you protect me".

Simple, effective.

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Since day one the slogan in France has been "I protect you, you protect me".

Simple, effective.

👍

6 hours ago, top4718 said:

And from the source;

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

"During the first 2 months after city’s reopening, there were only a few sporadic COVID-19 cases in Wuhan (six newly confirmed cases from April 8 to May 10, 20202). However, there was still concern about the risk of COVID-19 in Wuhan, which seriously affected the resumption of industrial production and social services, and hampered the normal lives of residents. In order to ascertain the current status of the COVID-19 epidemic, the city government of Wuhan carried out a comprehensive citywide nucleic acid screening of SARS-CoV-2 infection from May 14, 2020 to June 1, 2020."

So basically Covid had been stamped down very hard on and effectively eliminated by the lockdown when the study took place.

Edited by Longcol

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And from the source;

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

"During the first 2 months after city’s reopening, there were only a few sporadic COVID-19 cases in Wuhan (six newly confirmed cases from April 8 to May 10, 20202). However, there was still concern about the risk of COVID-19 in Wuhan, which seriously affected the resumption of industrial production and social services, and hampered the normal lives of residents. In order to ascertain the current status of the COVID-19 epidemic, the city government of Wuhan carried out a comprehensive citywide nucleic acid screening of SARS-CoV-2 infection from May 14, 2020 to June 1, 2020."

So basically Covid had been stamped down very hard on and effectively eliminated by the lockdown when the study took place.

The test was done after lockdown had ended, keep trying to convince yourself, it doesn't exist, you've been conned. 🤣

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Keep wearing the masks friends , it helps .

🤣🤣 pitiful.