Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Amazing! You don't know the difference between being infected and having symptoms. Infected, infectious and symptomatic are three different things. Brain rot. Very sad.

I do unfortunately for you.

The NHS advise that people shouldn't have the vaccine if the have the Covid virus, so if asymptomism is a thing why are people not tested pre-jab.

I'll answer for you, because it doesn't exist.

8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I do unfortunately for you.

The NHS advise that people shouldn't have the vaccine if the have the Covid virus, so if asymptomism is a thing why are people not tested pre-jab.

Think you need to read up on the 3 magic words above again. I presume if what you say is true, I presume it means being ill with the virus, not being asymptomatic

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Think you need to read up on the 3 magic words above again. I presume if what you say is true, I presume it means being ill with the virus, not being asymptomatic

I think you need to read the NHS advice and prove yourself wrong yet again.

12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Or rather than adopting the conspiracy theory approach we could go for the simpler explanations: 1. we don't want infectious people at the vaccination sites and 2. the cost-benefit ratio of the vaccine is different for an infected person.

I cannot understand the figures. Surely with the high level of vaccination, all the people who have had Covid and built up natural immunity, and herd immunity, we should be on top of this by now.

I have had two jabs, and now have Covid.

I can't help thinking that the theory that natural immunity is best might have a point. Are the jabs are actually inadvertantly suppressing the development of natural immunity, so the covid virus comes back stronger with eack new strain / incarnation? In much the same way that antibiotics are no longer working, as the viral bugs have developed new antibiotic resistant strains, and our natural immunity is compromised.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

I cannot understand the figures. Surely with the high level of vaccination, all the people who have had Covid and built up natural immunity, and herd immunity, we should be on top of this by now.

I can't help thinking that the theory that natural immunity is best might have a point. Are the jabs are actually inadvertantly suppressing the development of natural immunity, so the covid virus comes back stronger with eack new strain / incarnation? In much the same way that antibiotics are no longer working, as the viral bugs have developed new antibiotic resistant strains, and our natural immunity is compromised.

You do know how vaccinations work?all it does is teach your own natural immune system to fight it

top4718 

When  Conspiracy Theory  Religion was collapsing in the face of Rationalism back home, the advocates' increased their dependence on myth and  burbled on distorting the facts and blaming and insulting their audience- until no one listened.

This is what should happen to all Conspiracy Theories and their acolytes.

However the Conspiracy Theories in this case are causing real harm and therefore must be challenged even if it is a game.

So, top4718, how does it feel not to have converted anybody in all the hours you have spent creating a fantasy world? OR if it is a game you are playing, and if so who is winning and when will you let us in on the rules? 

Guest sibon
27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Hi Anna

I do hope that you get over your infection soon. Just over a year ago, before your vaccinations, it would probably have been a whole lot more serious. 

Look at the stats carefully. Infection rates are currently very high, but hospitalisations and deaths are well down on the early stages of the pandemic. The vaccines work, that's beyond doubt. 

It is in the nature of viruses that they mutate and dodge immune response, so I guess we will be fighting covid for some time yet. The good news is that as people get vaccinated and/or catch the illness, it will become less and less serious. Eventually,  it will be no more than a bad case of the sniffles for most people.

After he/she stated

"Had plenty of "needles" for various reasons over the years, I just don't tend to have ones that I don't need and that don't work",

I asked

"How did you decide that the ones you bothered to have, were worthwhile and would "work"?"

No response, but you'd think medical advice would be in the frame somewhere?

18 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I will trump your two jabs and  Covid with  two jabs, Covid with symptoms and a booster.

I also know that I have immunity to the current variants of Covid but I am not immune.

The level of immunity will also wane over time.

Please do not compare viruses and bacteria.

Bacteria and humans related in the way they reproduce.

Bacteria and viruses are not related.

Viruses replicate and when they do mistakes happen and occasionally a viable variant survives.

Of billions x billions of these mutations only a handful have been observed. These and future variants maybe harmful most will not be. Our antibodies may or may not overcome these new variants.

The more antibodies there are in everybody the less the number of viruses there will be and the fewer opportunities there are for new variants.

More vaccinations  means fewer individual viruses, fewer mutations and fewer new variants.

Evolution has created a very different and far more successful form of reproduction in us and bacteria, which can have the result of selecting strains immune to antibiotics.

3 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

After he/she stated

"Had plenty of "needles" for various reasons over the years, I just don't tend to have ones that I don't need and that don't work",

I asked

"How did you decide that the ones you bothered to have, were worthwhile and would "work"?"

No response, but you'd think medical advice would be in the frame somewhere?

I didn't see it I was probably bored of trying to convince people who are in too deep.

The ones I had had gone through years of development and had been tried and trusted and most importantly they actually prevented you getting the ailment that you had it for in the first place, usually the reason you have them. 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Of course natural immunity is best, the gullible on here who've been coerced into a vaccine that most of them don't need will have you burnt at the stake for this post.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I can understand how you feel but we are getting there. The lockdown restrictions have been lifted for months now and we have lower daily case numbers than the peak back in January in the face of a more contagious variant (delta vs alpha). That is a strong indication of immunity stopping infection. There are other signs too. Every Friday the ONS releases a new data drop from their coronavirus survey (eg https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/latest#age-analysis-of-the-number-of-people-who-had-covid-19 ). Section 4 of the weekly summary shows how infection rates vary by age. Over time this age profile has changed. For example, back at the beginning of March, every age group had a similar rate of infection. Come mid July, however, infection was much, much higher in the teenagers and young adults than in other age groups. And now its even more concentrated with the teenagers having something like six times the rates of infection of the young adults and older groups. How can one account for this? In my view that is the progression of the vaccination programme down through the ages.

Right now, it may well be the case that absent the kids covid would be rapidly dwindling away. If I am right then once the explosion of covid rates in the teenagers comes to an end we will finally be on 'top of this' ... at least for a while.