Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

They can't, asymptomatic transmission doesn't exist.

Try ringing your boss up tomorrow and telling him your not ill but you're having the week off on the sick, you'll find out quickly it doesn't exist.

I'm glad you said "may be avoided".

This is why people are continuing to work from home where they can and where they can't - following social distancing rules and being asked to mask up.

Oh but wait, I can't think for myself and Boris and the BBC told me its a thing so it must be 🤣

I take my advice from the Chief Medical Officers and World Health Organisation mainly.  You know, the people responsible?  Not just Journalists or the Prime Minister

Edited by Delayed

4 minutes ago, Delayed said:

This is why people are continuing to work from home where they can and where they can't - following social distancing rules and being asked to mask up.

I take my advice from the Chief Medical Officers and World Health Organisation mainly.  You know, the people responsible?  Not just Journalists or the Prime Minister

The WHO are really reliable, well done.

13 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It doesn't exist, its a myth to get numpties to wear useless masks etc.

The US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Studies  -

"In asymptomatic individuals, the viral load is typically very low and the infectious period is also short in duration, they may still exhale particles which another person may encounter, however the overall likelihood of transmitting  the disease to other is negligible, thus asymptomatic cases are not the drivers of epidemics, in all the history of respiratory-borne viruses of any type asymptomatic has never been the driver of outbreaks, the driver is always a symptomatic person"

A study in May 2020 found that all 455 contacts of an asymptomatic individual DID NOT become infected with SARS-CoV-2, the study concluded that the infectivity of asymptomatic carriers was weak.

There are studies showing minimal asymptomatic transmission within the same household and even less transmission outdoors.

Oh but wait, I can't think for myself and Boris and the BBC told me its a thing so it must be 🤣

How strange when I search for your text online I just get a load of conspiraloon websites. But how could that be? Surely you haven't been gullible and believed nonsense from social media.

Guest sibon

Asymptomatic infection and transmission of disease are both real. That is basic, undeniable scientific fact. Typhoid famously has asymptomatic carriers. Similarly influenza, c difficile,   hepatitis and many more.

There is a whole range of diseases that exhibit asymptomism , caused by a variety of pathogens. That's very well understood and established.

Anyone arguing otherwise is quite simply wrong. Quite probably deliberately wrong, because the information is all out there for anyone to read.

It really isn't worth continuing with this argument. Science is right. Tops is wrong.

Time for a kit kat.

Edited by sibon

2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

How strange when I search for your text online I just get a load of conspiraloon websites. But how could that be? Surely you haven't been gullible and believed nonsense from social media.

From a bloke who believes the MSM that's some statement. If a viral load doesn't infect the carrier it cannot be passed on, its never happened in the history of virology.

Guest sibon

Almost time for Tops to change the subject.

Masks don't work, asymptomatic transmission is nonsense, just because some fantasist Guardian reader who's scared of his own shadow types a few big words doesn't win the argument, he's wrote more fairy tales than the Brothers Grimm.

The basic facts of a virus are that if you have one, your immune system kicks in and antibodies and white cells fight the infection, this leads to coughs, sneezing and feelings of weakness ie SYMPTOMS, anything else is complete and utter fabrication.

Edited by top4718

Just now, top4718 said:

Masks don't work, asymptomatic transmission is nonsense, just because some fantasist Guardian reader who's scared of his own shadow types a few big words doesn't win the argument, he's wrote more fairy tales than the Brothers Grimm.

And in the real world?

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Oh wow, I'm convinced

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Oh wow, I'm convinced

You'll never be convinced, you've believed the hype, your too far down the road to think anything else, a lifetime of belief perseverance awaits.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The basic facts of a virus are that if you have one, your immune system kicks in and antibodies and white cells fight the infection, this leads to coughs, sneezing and feelings of weakness ie SYMPTOMS, anything else is complete and utter fabrication.

Which words were too big for you?

I don't mind rewriting my post for a different audience. 

I'm an inclusive sort of person.

12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

If a viral load doesn't infect the carrier it cannot be passed on, its never happened in the history of virology.

Amazing! You don't know the difference between being infected and having symptoms. Infected, infectious and symptomatic are three different things. Brain rot. Very sad.