Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

True to form you are spreading misinformation. Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland have all had requirements to wear a face mask in some public spaces. You can check this for yourself at Our World in Data.

Also, I think that Sweden relied heavily on personal responsibility.

Something that the U.K. is unable to do, for reasons which are made obvious by this thread.

Covid is never going to be 100% eliminated, so the 'pandemic' is never going to be over, just like flu is never over.

It reoccurs every winter.

We have to learn to live with it. So do those advocating the wearing of masks and other measures really want to be wearing them for the rest of their lives? And insist on everyone else wearing them too?

Masks limit social interaction. They're uncomfortable. Discarded masks are all over the place, and add to landfill. And, as a deaf person who relies a great deal on lip reading, they hinder communication.

Wearing masks for ever is not an option. 

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

Also, I think that Sweden relied heavily on personal responsibility.

Something that the U.K. is unable to do, for reasons which are made obvious by this thread.

Indeed, we have an excess of f**kwits.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Covid is never going to be 100% eliminated, so the 'pandemic' is never going to be over, just like flu is never over.

We have to learn to live with it. So do those advocating the wearing of masks and other measures really want to be wearing them for the rest of their lives? And insist on everyone else wearing them too?

Masks limit social interaction. They're uncomfortable. Discarded masks are all over the place, and add to landfill. And, as a deaf person who relies a great deal on lip reading, they hinder communication.

Just put one on for now.

Soon enough you won’t need to.

And do read a  bit more about pandemics and viral infections. Then you might see the point of the health messages.

Whatever you do, don’t join the lunatic fringe

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Indeed, we have an excess of f**kwits.

I’d prefer the word “prevalence “ to “excess”.

The rest of your post is bang on.

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No - and as far as I know it's never been advocated by anyone on here,

Vaccination will bring it under control - but we're not there yet.

Guest makapaka
25 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No - and as far as I know it's never been advocated by anyone on here,

Vaccination will bring it under control - but we're not there yet.

No it won’t. Why would vaccination stop people catching Covid ?

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

I'll wear a seatbelt in the unlikely chance I'm involved in a road accident.

I'll wear a mask in places where I see fit in the unlikely chance I'll catch covid or could pass it on if I was asymptomatic / pre -symptomatic.

Why don’t you wear a crash helmet in the unlikely chance you fall and bang your head on the kerb?

Edited by makapaka

Guest sibon
7 hours ago, makapaka said:

No it won’t. Why would vaccination stop people catching Covid ?

That’s what vaccination does. It protects against infection, and also against serious infection.

Infected Vaccinated people are contagious for less time than unvaccinated people. That also limits the spread.

9 hours ago, top4718 said:

So get them to take precautions that work and spare the rest of us.

The only people that are making this last for longer are the idiots that are complying with the lies and deception, if everyone went about their normal lives its over.

Isn't  "...them..." and "...us..." a dangerous escalation of the Conspiracy Theorists view of the World?

Isn't it a fact that hundreds of thousands of "...us..." didn't realise they were "...them..."  until they became seriously ill or dead?

I congratulate you on passing the Conspiracy Theorists test by including three key principles in one sentence : 

• Blaming the unenlightened, non believers or "...idiots..." as you call them, is needed for a good Conspiracy Theory.
  • Accusing people of "...complying with the lies and deception..." of some unseen force is a requirement of a Conspiracy Theory.
  • Telling people that salvation is at hand if only they would follow the Conspiracy Theory way.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, sibon said:

That’s what vaccination does. It protects against infection, and also against serious infection.

Infected Vaccinated people are contagious for less time than unvaccinated people. That also limits the spread.

I know.

But despite a massive vaccination drive we’re still in the same position of people insisting on wearing face masks etc 

11 hours ago, sibon said:

The clowns aren’t the ones in charge.

oh i dont know, they make a good job of it, being a clown

Guest sibon
40 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I know.

But despite a massive vaccination drive we’re still in the same position of people insisting on wearing face masks etc 

There are still plenty of unvaccinated people out there.

I’m double jabbed and pretty well doing everything I used to do. Like many people. So the vax program has improved things. It all takes time though.

I’d like to see the way the stats are reported change. Number of infections isn’t really very important any more. Number of serious infections is.

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, sibon said:

There are still plenty of unvaccinated people out there.

I’m double jabbed and pretty well doing everything I used to do. Like many people. So the vax program has improved things. It all takes time though.

I’d like to see the way the stats are reported change. Number of infections isn’t really very important any more. Number of serious infections is.

Totally agree.