Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
Just now, Carbuncle said:

Are you really challenging the idea that lockdowns reduced the loss of hospital capacity due to covid?

This doesn’t make sense - what are you asking?

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

This doesn’t make sense - what are you asking?

(1) Covid reduced hospital capacity for other things.

(2) Lockdowns mitigated this effect.

(3) Therefore there was more hospital capacity because of lockdowns.

Which of these are you unhappy with?

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s not perfect - but that’s not much consolation for a young person who’s got terminal cancer because they couldn’t get a hospital appointment sooner.

Would you sooner millions dying? The nhs getting swamped? Nobody at all been able to get to hospital at all?

Like I said being in the middle of a global pandemic isn't ideal, bad stuff happens as a consequence like it or not

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

(1) Covid reduced hospital capacity for other things.

(2) Lockdowns mitigated this effect.

(3) Therefore there was more hospital capacity because of lockdowns.

Which of these are you unhappy with?

I’m not unhappy with anything as such.

im asking how anyone knows if the reduction in healthcare provision for other illnesses has provided a net benefit.

10 minutes ago, makapaka said:

im asking how anyone knows if the reduction in healthcare provision for other illnesses has provided a net benefit.

Any chance you could clarify? The literal meaning of your question is just weird.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

And? Where in your link does it state these excess deaths were attributed to covid? I've read it (probably unlike you) and it states covid deaths and excess deaths. Did you do the maths to see if attributed deaths are correct?

Or just scrambling around in the dark for anything that seems to back up your narrative?

Deaths happen, other deaths sadly will happen from other causes, people have been unable to go to hospital, that doesn't mean there shouldn't have been lockdowns or other measures

Your missing my point and the point of the article completely, I've mentioned on here numerous times that deaths at home were on the increase the ONS stats in this show that the majority of deaths at home were not Covid deaths therefore when you use excess deaths as part of your pro-covid argument its flawed.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Would you sooner millions dying? The nhs getting swamped? Nobody at all been able to get to hospital at all?

Like I said being in the middle of a global pandemic isn't ideal, bad stuff happens as a consequence like it or not

Why would millions die from a flu like illness, the majority of people are at no risk from Covid.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Your missing my point and the point of the article completely, I've mentioned on here numerous times that deaths at home were on the increase the ONS stats in this show that the majority of deaths at home were not Covid deaths therefore when you use excess deaths as part of your pro-covid argument its flawed.

The article was incoherent drivel. Meditate on this: 'Excess deaths at home' is not a subset of 'excess deaths'.

Just now, Carbuncle said:

The article was incoherent drivel. Meditate on this: 'Excess deaths at home' is not a subset of 'excess deaths'.

The article may have been, the ONS stats it quotes are not, deaths at home have risen dramatically which adds to the overall total, the belief perseverance in action yet again.

I can remember a while ago the covid cult on here gleefully highlighting the story of the British man in court in Singapore for not wearing a mask, you'd take from that that Singapore takes mask wearing seriously and also has a high vaccination rate (80% plus), cases there are currently rocketing, masks don't work.

20 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The article may have been, the ONS stats it quotes are not, deaths at home have risen dramatically which adds to the overall total, the belief perseverance in action yet again.

No, deaths at home do not (necessarily) add to the overall total. Having somebody die at home rather than in hospital does not change the total mortality at all nor, of course, does it change the excess mortality.

34 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I can remember a while ago the covid cult on here gleefully highlighting the story of the British man in court in Singapore for not wearing a mask, you'd take from that that Singapore takes mask wearing seriously and also has a high vaccination rate (80% plus), cases there are currently rocketing, masks don't work.

Are you referring to the same Singapore whose cumulative death rate per capita is about 1/140 that of the UK and whose current daily death rate per capita is 1/4 that of the UK?

Edited by Carbuncle

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Are you referring to the same Singapore whose cumulative death rate per capita is about 1/140 that of the UK and whose current daily death rate per capita is 1/4 that of the UK?

Is everyone ready for a swift change of subject.

I’m betting on vaccinating kids, or long covid.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

Is everyone ready for a swift change of subject.

I’m betting on vaccinating kids, or long covid.

So many choices, what to choose? He hasn't reminded us how he's a (pretend) expert on masks or that we're arrogant, gullible, know-it-alls or how he can't believe we believe the government and MSM for some hours now so it could be one of those.