Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Its very much selfish, its your choice yes, but that choice can be a selfish choice.choosing to not do something which could help people in the community is a selfish choice. Choosing to not wear masks, have the vaccine, do tests is a selfish choice in the light of a pandemic thats rife in society, overall it could mean the death of somebody.

It’s wrong to call people selfish. 

we all make selfish decisions that impact others everyday and are not expected to justify them.

14 hours ago, Longcol said:

Is this the person on facebook who you don't know?

It's the one I offered to send you proof of that you bottled out of accepting as it would prove a lot of your posts to be totally wrong.

For the record the AZ jab caused a clot in a vein in the head of the person which then caused a bleed on the brain, this led to a stroke, they are slowly recovering but still bedridden and has lost sight in her left eye. Before the jab she was a perfectly healthy 52 year old.

5 hours ago, Thug Life said:

I am not selfish I said I get tested when I feel poorly. I don't like the tests because they hurt and make me very very anxious but if I feel poorly I'd still get tested 

I am NOT selfish 

Getting tested when you feel poorly helps you but not other people (unless your test is happening on hospital admission) because when you're poorly you would naturally avoid others and therefore not infect them.

Getting tested when you do not feel poorly does not help you (except in special circumstances) but does help others because it helps you to avoid others when you are infectious but do not know it.

Guest makapaka

Looks like the share price in zoom will be on the rise again this winter……

By some strange quirk, daily case numbers per capita in the UK have closely matched those of the US for about a month now. Deaths per capita per day are however 2.5 times higher in the US at the moment!

The explanation is presumably the better performance of our vaccination programme versus that in the US. The US programme actually caught the UK's in terms of doses per capita around the beginning of May but their programme ran out of steam due to a shortage of people wanting to be vaccinated. Presumably the cause was the extra impact of misinformation in the US lead by Trump who was fond of downplaying the seriousness of covid. When it comes to the vaccine, misinformation kills.

[I'm getting my data from Our World in Data. UK deaths are currently running at roughly 140 per day versus US deaths of roughly 1850 per day.]

This thread needs stoking up, so...........

Did anyone see the farcical press conference by the French health ministry  where unaware that the cameras were rolling they were all stood around chatting and mingling (a group of about 12 people) then once the countdown started to go (what they thought was) live they quickly adorned masks handed out at speed by one of the production team and all stood a meter apart, this is the contempt they treat us with.

Interesting also to see the ONS saying that people have not been suffering from Long Covid but may just be suffering from normal bouts of ill health, I remember getting derided on here for doubting Long Covid by the pseudo intellectual comedians who frequent this thread.

18 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Did anyone see the farcical press conference by the French health ministry  where unaware that the cameras were rolling they were all stood around chatting and mingling (a group of about 12 people) then once the countdown started to go (what they thought was) live they quickly adorned masks handed out at speed by one of the production team and all stood a meter apart, this is the contempt they treat us with.

Interesting also to see the ONS saying that people have not been suffering from Long Covid but may just be suffering from normal bouts of ill health, I remember getting derided on here for doubting Long Covid by the pseudo intellectual comedians who frequent this thread.

They've actually said it's less common than previously thought, not that it's normal bouts of ill health.

Among study participants with COVID-19, 9.4% reported any of 12 symptoms four to eight weeks after infection (based on responses from 15,061 participants), while 5.0% reported symptoms at 12 to 16 weeks (out of 12,611 participants) (Figure 1). These percentages were statistically significantly higher than in the control group, suggesting that the prevalence of symptoms following COVID-19 infection is greater than the background prevalence of these symptoms in the population at any given time. The difference in prevalence remained statistically significant at 20 to 24 weeks.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/technicalarticleupdatedestimatesoftheprevalenceofpostacutesymptomsamongpeoplewithcoronaviruscovid19intheuk/26april2020to1august2021

23 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This will be nothing new. Do you think Boris Johnson stands a mile away from Chris Whitty out the back before the press conferences? Do you think Holly and Phil stay metres apart during the breaks of This Morning?

Its all theatre.

10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Why would anybody in Sheffield be watching  a "...press conference by the French health ministry..."?

Do I need to retune my satellite dish as I don't want to miss out on another episode of  "...farcical press conference by the French health ministry..."?

Who let you in on this earth shattering news that will bring down Governments all round the world? 

3 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Why would anybody in Sheffield be watching  a "...press conference by the French health ministry..."?

Do I need to retune my satellite dish as I don't want to miss out on another episode of  "...farcical press conference by the French health ministry..."?

Who let you in on this earth shattering news that will bring down Governments all round the world? 

Fortunately in these days of technology people who see a farce like this unfolding on their TV screens can actually get it around the world quite quickly.

It won't bring any Government down (unfortunately) but it does show the do as I say not as I do attitude to this nonsense.

Guest sibon
38 minutes ago, top4718 said: