Coronavirus - Part Two.

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So social gatherings of more than 6 will be banned from Monday. Full lockdown by end of September or will they push it to October?

Does that include pubs and restaurants?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Does that include pubs and restaurants?

Yes. I think.

12 people can probably go to a pub but have to sit at separate tables and in the next pub they have to stay in the same group but nobody will know.  I’m sure the finest minds in government have had a good think about it.

Coronavirus: Social gatherings above six banned in England from 14 September https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yes. I think.

12 people can probably go to a pub but have to sit at separate tables and in the next pub they have to stay in the same group but nobody will know.  I’m sure the finest minds in government have had a good think about it.

Coronavirus: Social gatherings above six banned in England from 14 September https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

They'll have a collective IQ just north of tepid then, and be under strict instructions not to step in puddles so they don't get out of their depth.

And on no account  get into conversations with two short planks............................

18 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yes. I think.

I think it is just there to give the police the power to bust up big groups of kids.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

I think it is just there to give the police the power to bust up big groups of kids.

That'll bugger up cabinet meetings then.......................

Just now, Longcol said:

That'll bugger up cabinet meetings then.......................

They are exempt.

On compassionate grounds

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

They are exempt.

On compassionate grounds

I too feel compassion for the cabinet meeting room in 10 Downing Street. Never before has it had to host such a motley collection ofspivs and chancers.

On 06/09/2020 at 09:10, Anna B said:

Government guidelines are so confusing and contradictory, they have undermined public confidence rather than helped it. I wouldn't trust anything the government says at the moment. It all seems to come with a hidden agenda. They've messed up big time with the major issues like testing and  track and trace, and not testing at airports is a disgrace. I think we must be one of the few countries that doesn't have something/anything in place. 

As I’m retired I don’t find the general regulations confusing but if I was still working and urged to get back to work (probably could do my job from home) whilst only using public transport if essential. If I lived in Bolton where instructions have changed 4 times in the last 10 days I might be struggling to keep up. Saw an expert on channel 4 news tonight saying that restrictions should be removed nationwide with shielding should be reinstated for the elderly and vulnerable to allow herd immunity to develop and the economy recover 

2 hours ago, catmiss said:

...... Saw an expert on channel 4 news tonight saying that restrictions should be removed nationwide with shielding should be reinstated for the elderly and vulnerable to allow herd immunity to develop and the economy recover 

Didn't see the clip but I agree with that wholeheartedly.

9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yes. I think.

Finest minds and government in the same sentence :D 

They can't go as a group of 12, you could work in the same office as 12 people but then once you're outside you'd have to become two groups of 12....because, you know, that makes sense to someone, somewhere.

Eat out to "help" out will definitely have contributed to spikes in some areas.  Gluttony and greed in some pubs.

It is always someone else's fault never the Government, what happened to the world beating track and trace more lies from an inept Government.

The Health Secretary shifted the blame for problems with the Covid-19 testing service - he pinpointed a rise in people without symptoms wrongly seeking a Covid-19 test, including if they're going on holiday

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/matt-hancock-blames-british-public-22652044