We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Coronavirus - Part Two.

46 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The response at that time for these Govt workers was that it was a personal choice whether they wear a mask /  face covering

That how it should have been all along rather than making one rule for some and another for others.

43 minutes ago, apelike said:

That how it should have been all along rather than making one rule for some and another for others.

So every individual makes up their own mind as to wearing a mask,locking down,maintaining social distancing?

I can’t see how that works in exerting any control on the spreading of the virus.

50 minutes ago, apelike said:

And yet you defended DominicCummings to the hilt when everybody else stayed at home / in their locality. Certainly a case of "one rule for Boris's boss and one rule for the rest of us".

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, RJRB said:

So every individual makes up their own mind as to wearing a mask,locking down,maintaining social distancing?

Notice how I bolded the bit I made a reply to and it was specifically about face masks/face coverings!

20 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And yet you defended DominicCummings to the hilt when everybody else stayed at home / in their locality. Certainly a case of "one rule for Boris's boss and one rule for the rest of us".

Again my reply was about face masks/face coverings which were not mandatory when the Dominic Cummings fiasco took place..... Do keep up!

Edited by apelike

Meanwhile the Patron Saint of the Islington Allotments Society has a sudden recollection of being told about " herd immunity" back in March.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/19/jeremy-corbyn-governments-coronavirus-policy-was-eugenic-herd-immunity

Would have been kind of handy if he'd said something at the time..........................................

I witnessed 3 youths sharing a mask this afternoon, going into the food shop one at a time, and then swapping the mask outside.

Stupid, yes, but didn't it also occur to them that youths 2 and 3 could've simply asked youth 1 to shop for them?!

9 minutes ago, apelike said:

Notice how I bolded the bit I made a reply to and it was specifically about face masks/face coverings!

Again my reply was about face masks/face coverings which were not mandatory when the Dominic Cummings fiasco took place..... Do keep up!

So what in your opinion should be / have been mandatory?

Face coverings / masks, social distancing / lockdown etc etc

Posted (edited)

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/19/coronavirus-scientists-warn-it-may-take-years-before-students-return-to-normal-schooling.html?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=wired&

The import of this article appears to be banging the drum for caution when returning 

kids back to school. In addition, the author is saying, wearing of face coverings/masks,  and social distancing has to be tolerated for some time ;even after a vaccine is rolled out to the public.

I notice that it is hard to find the research papers that allegedly support the pronouncements by the endless list of "Experts",  authoritatively commenting

on vaccines and treatments for Covid-19.

Edited by petemcewan

Posted (edited)

WHO hope to put an end to the pandemic "In less than two years." 

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-pandemic-years.html

But the 'R' rate may have increased to above 1 in a number of UK areas? 

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-08-21/rate-of-coronavirus-r-number-has-risen-to-between-09-and-11-sage-confirms

Edited by Baron99