We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Coronavirus - Part Two.

11 hours ago, butlers said:

Isn't the real total over 60,000 with the excess deaths

So many calculations and numbers being bandied about, I thought if I went for the + it would encapsulate any higher numbers.

Keep safe.  

Easy Livin,

You are more than welcome to follow all of those restrictions to your life if it makes you feel safer but what make you feel safer make somebody else feel restricted

That is precisely the crux of the matter.A proportion of society is being asked to make sacrifices, to protect  those who are at risk and vulnerable. The willingness to make that sacrifice ,is indicative of a morally alert individual .

15 hours ago, taxman said:

After the phenomenal success of the Government's Track and Trace programme it's only right that Dido Harding be given the job of chairing the agency set to replace Public Health England.

What are her medical qualifications again? Ex Chief Executive of Talk Talk and good mate of David Cameron.

Is there a requirement for her to have any medical qualifications? What has medicine got to do with the activities and responsibilities of the chair?

49 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Is there a requirement for her to have any medical qualifications? What has medicine got to do with the activities and responsibilities of the chair?

Fair point. Perhaps we can reflect on her recent successes.

20 hours ago, Longcol said:

She's as well qualified as "failing" Grayling is at everything, Gavin Williamson is at education, David Davis at negotiation, Boris Johnson at accepting responsibility etc etc

She has never voted against a Tory bill though, so at least she is loyal. Does that ring a bell, I understand other cabinet ministers were appointed for that reason?

6 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

She didnt have any experience with track n trace, look where that got her.

6 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

The Telegraph seem to think that she doesn’t have what it takes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/18/dido-hardings-unstoppable-upward-rise-egregious-example-chumocracy/amp/

Matt Handoncock does 

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-08-18/tory-peer-dido-harding-to-run-new-health-agency-replacing-public-health-england

The choice is yours.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Personally, I wouldn't pick her, I'm diametrically opposed to any Tory. Bunch of self interested liars in my book.

The point I was making was about the requirement for medical qualifications to chair this rehashed organisation.

Is football with fans still happening next month ?

20 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Easy Livin,

That is precisely the crux of the matter.A proportion of society is being asked to make sacrifices, to protect  those who are at risk and vulnerable. The willingness to make that sacrifice ,is indicative of a morally alert individual .

Don't worry petemcewan, the rest of society is gradually taking care of maskholes.

I witnessed one in Paris week-end before last, in a newsagents, refusing to put a mask on because he was 'only nipping in' to buy a scratchcard. The guy behind the counter was calm and polite, asking him to put a mask on or leave the shop, but the customer just wouldn't leave until he was served, and getting agitated. I think you must have heard the screeching that the other waiting clients -all of them masked- all started, all the way to Sheffield!  Needless to say that customer quickly gave in and legged it, sans le scratchcrard.

And after the mass-publication of this week's TGV story, I'm pretty sure selfish contrarians are now getting very thin on the ground here. For those who didn't catch it, TGV Paris-Nimes, customer refused to wear a mask (you have to wear them permanently during the journey), train controller fined him, the customer still refused to put mask on, so train driver stopped the TGV in the middle of nowhere and dumped him out there and then (legally allowed under transport legislation) with a "good luck mate" 😂

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Don't worry petemcewan, the rest of society is gradually taking care of maskholes.

I witnessed one in Paris week-end before last, in a newsagents, refusing to put a mask on because he was 'only nipping in' to buy a scratchcard. The guy behind the counter was calm and polite, asking him to put a mask on or leave the shop, but the customer just wouldn't leave until he was served, and getting agitated. I think you must have heard the screeching that the other waiting clients -all of them masked- all started, all the way to Sheffield!  Needless to say that customer quickly gave in and legged it, sans le scratchcrard.

And after the mass-publication of this week's TGV story, I'm pretty sure selfish contrarians are now getting very thin on the ground here. For those who didn't catch it, TGV Paris-Nimes, customer refused to wear a mask (you have to wear them permanently during the journey), train controller fined him, the customer still refused to put mask on, so train driver stopped the TGV in the middle of nowhere and dumped him out there and then (legally allowed under transport legislation) with a "good luck mate" 😂

Good to hear. I particularly like the TGV incident.

13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Nicely stated 😀

So are you going to shout at people who are exempt then?

People should just worry about themselves.