Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

There’s quite a discussion on Twitter amongst the CTs about why a certain group of speakers dominate the rallies.

Maybe its a conspiracy by big government to discredit them.

Or maybe Icke, Hopkins and Shemirani really are representative of the rest of them.

Its because some shout louder than others .

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Listen to the end... 

And have you checked that what seems like an obvious mistake is not in fact a mistake?

45 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Surely thats a conspiracy theory  wrapped in a conspiracy theory . 

No, it's a question. One you can't answer other than by bleating 'conspiracy theory....conspiracy theory...conspiracy theory....' 

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

It is a good question.I'd be quite interested in seeing some clips of the speakers who weren't so extreme, but can't seem to find any.

It is highly suspicious that social media channels are clearly taking down so many clips and yet leaving up ones of speakers who fit neatly into the 'conspiracy theorist'  box.

Does anybody have links to videos of the other speakers?

39 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Yeah, far be it for me to suggest all the speakers were nutters.

But we know that there are plenty of non-extremists who speak against aspects of the lockdowns, compulsory masking, compulsory/coerced vaccinations etc- who are intelligent, who aren't denying covid exists etc, etc.

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

There’s quite a discussion on Twitter amongst the CTs about why a certain group of speakers dominate the rallies.

Maybe its a conspiracy by big government to discredit them.

It's not speakers dominating the rallies I'm asking about, it's the media being extremely selective about who they are showing, and they're focusing on the extremists. It's more sinister with the social media, as they're not so much focusing on extremists, as censoring anyone who opposes any aspect of the mainstream narrative, leaving only those who will be seen as extremists and conspiracy theorists.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

No, it's a question. One you can't answer other than by bleating 'conspiracy theory....conspiracy theory...conspiracy theory....' 

But we know that there are plenty of non-extremists who speak against aspects of the lockdowns, compulsory masking, compulsory/coerced vaccinations etc- who are intelligent, who aren't denying covid exists etc, etc.

It's not speakers dominating the rallies I'm asking about, it's the media being extremely selective about who they are showing, and they're focusing on the extremists. It's more sinister with the social media, as they're not so much focusing on extremists, as censoring anyone who opposes any aspect of the mainstream narrative, leaving only those who will be seen as extremists and conspiracy theorists.

Many of them are conspiracy theorists though.

When a group put a parade of nutters up to speak, I think we are entitled to draw conclusions from that. The main conclusion being that most of those who attended yesterday’s rally are not interested in any form of debate, they are simply bonkers.

FWIW, I agree that we have to have better debate about how we respond to what I hope is the end of the pandemic. I don’t like the idea of Covid passports, I can’t see how any future lockdown would be of use. So there is stuff there that we all need to discuss. But, first, we could do with the crazies piping down a bit.

This isn’t the great reset, it’s a SARS type virus and we all need to work together to beat it.

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

So who were the speakers that the media didn't show from yesterday?

See there's plenty of libertarian types who do make a case.

Peter Hitchens 

Rod Liddle and about 30 Tory MPs.

Is it likely all were not invited or took a look at who was on the platform.and knew sharing a stage would discredit thier message.

28 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

What media ?

42 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Listen to the end... 

If you are planning on having the jab then good luck. 

Looks like you'll need it... 

Seem unlikely .

We know unvaccinated folk here and the US disproportionately are being hospitalized.

Why would OZ be different .

By the way of those 43 in ICU ,ABC NEWS reports 42 out of 43 are unvaccinated.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Thanks for all the quotes but you should read and check them first and save the embarrassment.

French Hospital Staff Go On Indefinite Strike. WRONG

Staff from one  hospital in a French City Go On Indefinite Strike. WRONG.

Hospital Staff from one hospital in a French Town that I have Never Heard of with a Population of 39,097 Go On Indefinite Strike.  Not quite the impact you expected?

Irony and / or karma for an anti-vaxer? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358

Strange that he put so much faith in his faith to protect him, yet the Pope had himself vaccinated months ago.   Clearly he saw the benefits of science over dogma. 

Edited by Baron99

ABC News , Australia.

"More than 102,000 people were tested in the reporting period which is a new state record.

There are currently 141 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 43 people in intensive care, 18 of whom require ventilation.

Of the 43 people in intensive care, 42 have not been vaccinated."