Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No you aren't. 

You don't know them, or me

You are just trying to get a rise out of me. 

I'd give your attempt 1/10

If I did I’d report you for child neglect. You need to give your head a wobble.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

If I did I’d report you for child neglect. You need to give your head a wobble.

No you wouldn't. You are just spouting because I don't follow the mainstream narative like you do. 

It annoys you so like many of your ilk you get angry and have an  urge to "punish" anyone who disagrees with you. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No you wouldn't. You are just spouting because I don't follow the mainstream narative like you do. 

It annoys you so like many of your ilk you get angry and have an  urge to "punish" anyone who disagrees with you. 

Oh yes I would, you’re an irresponsible fool.

Oh yes I would, you’re an irresponsible fool.

No you wouldn't. Like I said, you don't know me or my kids. If you did you wouldn't talk such rot. 

You just seem angry and frustrated that I have a different opinion than you. 

39 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No you aren't. 

You don't know them, or me. 

You are just trying to get a rise out of me. 

I'd give your attempt 1/10

But you know a scientist on a forum you dont go on, was lying.

40 minutes ago, butlers said:

If you read it naturally, you are wrong

Not sure what you mean...

He has always predicted a very wide range of figures with the higher figures given usually as being the worst case scenario statistics, one of the reasons he was always picked on for being wrong. 

For instance in that article the bit in bold under the headline reads "......with Covid cases in the UK possibly reaching 200,000 a day. Further down he then states "there could be as many as 2,000 daily hospital admissions per day" and after that "....it was "almost certain" that the UK would reach 100,000 cases and 1,000 hospital admissions per day.... So we now have a range of 1,000 to 2,000 hospital admission per day and 100,000 to 200,000 cases per day just in one article.

His past history of pandemic predictions has also been a bit dodgy.

He predicted in 2009 that 65,000 people would die from swine flu, but in fact only 457 lost their lives prompting the government to actually say the figures was a worst case scenario.

With the Bird Flu outbreak in 2005 he predicted it could possibly kill between 50 to 200 million when in fact it ended up being 455 worldwide deaths.

In 2002 he estimated that the deaths resulting from mad cow disease to be between 50 to 50,000 but the actual deaths in total have been 178 and none recorded since 2016.

Now you know what I mean when I said I give it some obvious doubt.

Edited by apelike

On 17/07/2021 at 00:03, onewheeldave said:

'Freedom Day' is being whittled away before it's even happened- it looks like local authorities can keep whatever restrictions they want- masks on public transport etc. Then it's likely that there will be another full lockdown soon after due to increasing infections and approaching cold weather.

I don't think The Thick of It writers could have come up with much better than “It's Freedom Day”. The prime minister however is in self-isolation after exposure to his infected Health Secretary. 

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Just got back from doing some shopping at Tesco on Infirmary Road and I was shocked to see how many people weren’t wearing masks, one bloke was having a go at a security guard for not enforcing it and he just shrugged his shoulders and said from tomorrow it won’t matter.

An early indication of just how many of the masked were doing so only because of legal compulsion?

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

He's lying. 

He's just following the mainstream narative. 

It's safe to ignore him.. 

:)

13 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I don't think The Thick of It writers could have come up with much better than “It's Freedom Day”. The prime minister however is in self-isolation after exposure to his infected Health Secretary. 

Hasn't the PM been vaccinated AND already had covid? I always find it very sinister when people follow the rules when it goes against all reason and sense.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

An early indication of just how many of the masked were doing so only because of legal compulsion?

:)

Hasn't the PM been vaccinated AND already had covid? I always find it very sinister when people follow the rules when it goes against all reason and sense.

To be honest I think Johnson is just showing solidarity with ordinary people, hence the U-Turn. That’s probably why he’ll be self-isolating at Chequers, a 16th century mansion house on a 1,500 acre estate.

Yeah shame he has no infuence  on drawing up rational responses to the new situation

To be honest I think Johnson is just showing solidarity with ordinary people, hence the U-Turn. That’s probably why he’ll be self-isolating at Chequers, a 16th century mansion house on a 1,500 acre estate.

Am I not an ordinary person? He's certainly not showing soldiarity with me by self isolating when he has zero reason to do so.

The only solidarity is with that portion [unfortunately now obviously a somewhat large portion] of 'ordinary people' who are so programmed to mindlessly follow all rules, that they do so when it is clearly insane :(

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Am I not an ordinary person? He's certainly not showing soldiarity with me by self isolating when he has zero reason to do so.

The only solidarity is with that portion [unfortunately now obviously a somewhat large portion] of 'ordinary people' who are so programmed to mindlessly follow all rules, that they do so when it is clearly insane :(

I guess you’re another Covid denier?