Coronavirus - Part Two.

You wouldn’t think that it would be impossible to produce a mask for folk who wear glasses that doesn’t steam up their specs, however this appears to be the case. If any of you guys have purchased a brand that actually works, please be so kind as to share.

Guest makapaka

need to sort this daft app out aswell before the country grinds to a halt.

also - Why isn’t there a mass government drive to Increase healthcare capacity.

mass recruitment and incentives for new nurses, additional facilities etc. 

Edited by makapaka

The latest installment of the ONS coronavirus survey seems to show that new cases are increasing at roughly the same rate (~50% per week) in all age groups. Previously, the rate of increase was higher in the lower risk younger age groups. (Note the new cases per capita are very different for different ages with the 18-24 year olds much higher than other groups.) If this is true then daily deaths should also show an upward trend increasing at roughly 50% per week. So for example, I would expect average daily deaths reported on the coronavirus dashboard on 7th August to be at least 100 per day and still rising.

How long will this ugly trend continue? When will the peak for infections come? I don't know. The latest release of simulations from the modellers suggests sometime around the end of August ... it's been pushed back from the last simulations. One concern I have is that we won't know for some weeks beyond the peak that new infections are falling because the quality of the daily case data will fall as the PCR testing system comes under increasing pressure. @makapakamight just get the lockdown he anticipates because the hospitals are running short of beds and we don't know we are actually over the worst.

ONS coronavirus survey:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/latest#age-analysis-of-the-number-of-people-who-had-covid-19

Coronavirus dashboard:
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Modellers' papers:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/sage-meetings-july-2021

On 17/07/2021 at 00:40, apelike said:

That didn't seem to apply to you and others on here when it came to brexit did it! Talk about two faced....

you lot were just as abusive

6 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

you lot were just as abusive

Some leavers may have been abusive but that I think was to counter the abuse from others and the media by calling them thick, uneducated, racist, xenophobic etc just because that voted to leave.  I myself I hope did not follow that trend much as I try (unlike others) not to be abusive at all in any of my posts. Some here seem to do it on purpose though just to goad people.

45 minutes ago, apelike said:

Some leavers may have been abusive but that I think was to counter the abuse from others and the media by calling them thick, uneducated, racist, xenophobic etc just because that voted to leave.  I myself I hope did not follow that trend much as I try (unlike others) not to be abusive at all in any of my posts. Some here seem to do it on purpose though just to goad people.

Agreed apelike, very abusive and the only reply to that was, if the majority of the people in this country are thick, etc, what the heck does that make your minority.

Well more glad tidings .

The top end of the modelling estimate gives as high as 200,000 new cases a day.

Don't think we will get there as I think a screeching ,burning rubber U turn by the government is a couple if weeks away at best

9 minutes ago, butlers said:

Well more glad tidings .

The top end of the modelling estimate gives as high as 200,000 new cases a day.

Don't think we will get there as I think a screeching ,burning rubber U turn by the government is a couple if weeks away at best

There may be more infections reported but those figures could be down to more testing being done and does not necessarily mean that the NHS will be overwhelmed and we get another shortage of beds or that the death rate will suddenly skyrocket.

Where were the modelling figures you posted from?

1 minute ago, apelike said:

There may be more infections reported but those figures could be down to more testing being done and does not necessarily mean that the NHS will be overwhelmed and we get another shortage of beds or that the death rate will suddenly skyrocket.

Where were the modelling figures you posted from?

Fewer people were tested in the last 7 days than the previous 7 days https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.85161369.1873701872.1623652794-2068559630.1612166107

Andrew Marr interview today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57877033.amp

Tony Blair has put an appearance in and said if Boris.

I don’t want the prime minister of the country to be in isolation at the moment, I need him at his desk doing his job.

He’s double-vaccinated, he’s actually had Covid, he’s testing and presumably the tests are coming back negative. The point is to do this for everyone.

To let the virus run free and with the nhs AP as it is, is the poorest mind boggling decision yet

Edited by butlers

Just got back from doing some shopping at Tesco on Infirmary Road and I was shocked to see how many people weren’t wearing masks, one bloke was having a go at a security guard for not enforcing it and he just shrugged his shoulders and said from tomorrow it won’t matter.

Edited by Mister Gee

An another form I use there's a scientist who's actually  doing the testing.

He says he's really worried, now more than ever 

To have huge volumes of virus out there with only half the population with immunity but more importantly only half with partial is the ideal soup for resistance to occur

Edited by butlers
Sp