Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Hospitals have got to got to react to  what comes through the door.

Let's try to stop more covid cases coming through the door by getting vaccinated and wearing masks for mutual protection (indoors eg supermarkets or outdoors eg packed stadia) to stop more covid coming through the door

Just supposing the covid never stops coming- that is possible, constant new variations, some immune to the vaccine. If that happens, would you want to keep the masks and lockdowns going for ever?

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Just supposing the covid never stops coming- that is possible, constant new variations, some immune to the vaccine. If that happens, would you want to keep the masks and lockdowns going for ever?

What if we have a plague of frogs?

Guest makapaka
33 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I wonder if.........

I've never suffered from Hay Fever or had any problem around grass, but twice recently I've cut a relative's lawn, and on both occasions I've had sneezing and coughing fits, and a runny nose.  All symptoms go as soon as I am on my way home.

Surely in my later years I've not contracted Hay Fever?  If so, could it be due to the lockdown, and will it disappear IF we stay out of lockdown and things get better?

No-exact same happened to me pre Covid. It can come on in later years.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Just supposing that we could carry on for a while yet, with face coverings and the current vaccines. Just supposing that those measures kept this thing under control. Just supposing that bought time to research a treatment for this terrible thing.

Would you still support attempts to undermine that?

Just now, onewheeldave said:

If that's what it takes to stop public health resources being overwhelmed am happy to wear a mask and socially distance were appropriate - like we've done since March last year.

And of course take new vaccines developed to manage new variations.

What do you propose - the human race being wiped out?

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Evading the question.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Just supposing that we could carry on for a while yet, with face coverings and the current vaccines. Just supposing that those measures kept this thing under control. Just supposing that bought time to research a treatment for this terrible thing.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Answer my question, then I'll tackle yours

8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

If that's what it takes to stop public health resources being overwhelmed am happy to wear a mask and socially distance were appropriate - like we've done since March last year.

And of course take new vaccines developed to manage new variations.

So you would keep the lockdowns and masking going for ever. I'm surprised.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Evading the question.

Answer my question, then I'll tackle yours

Ok.

No.

But we would need to live differently.

Your turn.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

What do you propose - the human race being wiped out?

The human race will not be wiped out by covid- it's a minor pandemic compared to, say, the American flu- which also didn't wipe out humanity, it killed between 5 and 10% I believe- covid is nowhere near that serious.

5 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:
9 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Evading the question.

Your question was ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

If so, we'd carefully observe a proportion of them by inserting rfid tags/GPS or something into them so we can track them.  Then we get some of them to live in a ward full of Covid patients to see if they are survive, thus showing they are immune to the latest variant of Covid.  If they are, get our scientists to analyse them to see if we can extract antibodies that we can synthetically create more of to make us immune to Covid.  Again, if this saves us, we'd create statues to the Frogs that saved us, and we'd all live happily ever after.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Ok.

No.

But we would need to live differently.

Your turn.

I'd remove the compulsion- let people choose if they want to mask or isolate or not.

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If so, we'd carefully observe a proportion of them by inserting rfid tags/GPS or something into them so we can track them.  Then we get some of them to live in a ward full of Covid patients to see if they are survive, thus showing they are immune to the latest variant of Covid.  If they are, get our scientists to analyse them to see if we can extract antibodies that we can synthetically create more of to make us immune to Covid.  Again, if this saves us, we'd create statues to the Frogs that saved us, and we'd all live happily ever after.

Good stuff but it does not absolve you from providing part 2. of your previous story.

Edited by Carbuncle