Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Its ok for you to think you're right and the rest of the world isn't though.

Anyway I'll leave you scaredy cats to it, some of us have fairly normal lives to live tomorrow. 😀

Night all.

I’m on holiday mate. I don’t know what could be more normal. 

You, on the other hand are a liar and potentially dangerous to vulnerable kids. You are definitely disrespectful to them.

Sleep well.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

It’s not so long ago that the government were paying all the news agencies to exaggerate the risk from a “bit of flu”. Long Covid was a lie. Most people who had died of Covid hadn’t really.

Now we have airflow and planes and p3 masks. 

I think Top has been busy on Google in his last few weeks of furlough 

Furlough 😆 I had 6 weeks on Furlough last March, been flat out ever since, you really have no idea. 😀

Just now, sibon said:

I’m on holiday mate. I don’t know what could be more normal. 

You, on the other hand are a liar and potentially dangerous to vulnerable kids. You are definitely disrespectful to them.

Sleep well.

So are the headteachers, teachers, caretakers etc etc in that case.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Furlough 😆 I had 6 weeks on Furlough last March, been flat out ever since, you really have no idea. 😀

So are the headteachers, teachers, caretakers etc etc in that case.

Bless.

28 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Ok the next time my employees do a task that requires a mask (grinding, spraying, using cleaning fluids etc) I won't bother saying in the risk assessment that they'll be wearing a P3 mask that they have had face fitting training for I'll tell them they're going to wear a badly fitted bit of cloth that's been used 20 times or just pull a scarf up in front of their faces after all they stop the deadliest virus know to man 😆 

As for your second point, I won't.

The Tory party are destroying the hospitality industry, they don't care a jot about business owners.

Have a read up on David Cameron, Greensil Capital and Liberty Steel if you think they care more about business than lining their own pockets.

No one said there isn't one, they've just used fear tactics (they've obviously worked) to make it sound far worse than it is and made a packet off the back of it, easy money.

I'm surprised I'm even bothering to reply to all the posts you've made in recent times. It reads like you've lost the plot.

The top part just doesn't make sense. It's comparing apples and pears,. and who said this is the most deadliest virus know to man? 

Surely you can't put forward an argument to say it's not one of the most contagious things in recent times., poses a threat to many people and has potential to continue mutating into a potentially much worse virus. Something I'm not saying with hindsight, I wrote this on the 23rd Jan 2020 when you guys were arguing about the Tories wrecking the country due to the EU, and the rest of the country was talking about who's arse is biggest, or some other rubbish.

Your anti-Tory rants (which to be fair lots did before this, and I like freedom to dislike policies/parties - just don't add up now) - Do you think every country in the world has deliberately wrecked their economy to make a few friends rich? I mean really, this is bordering on insane territory.

Last bold, of course some people will do well out of it. And some will be Tory friends. If this had been a computer virus that wrecked the economy, who do you think I would be asking for help? I biological virologist or a friend and anyone for that matter, that knows about computers?

Really, I can't even believe I've joined in in this nonsense debate, but I logged in a few times to realise why I no longer use social media! 

How hard would it be to write a chat bot that does what top>>>> does?

On 15/06/2021 at 21:53, Anna B said:

Sorry, but it's not right to impose vaccinations on anyone.

It is one of the few freedoms we have left in a democracy.

I sought out as much information as I could get hold of, showing both sides of the argument, (and yes, there is another side, in spite of it being unnecessarily difficult to find it) and made an informed choice to have the vaccine. I had no ill effects afterwards, but that's not true of everyone. 

To make it mandatory sets a legal precedent which borders on fascism.

When you give governments authority over your body beware what comes 's next?

You always say, "what's next?" - well, 2 years ago, if you'd said "what's next" - which you did on just about every topic... what would you think about a new virus that spread around the world in roughly 6 months?

-

Let's assume for a minute that staff don't have to have any vaccinations

Right now, if you had an elderly relative (or anyone actually), and you, YOU... could choose from 2 nursing homes, 

1. Everyone had vaccination

2. Everyone refused vaccination 

And assuming the care otherwise was the same, 

which home would you choose? 1 or 2?

8 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

How hard would it be to write a chat bot that does what top>>>> does?

It'd have to be a pretty badly written bot to come up with -

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/473199-coronavirus-part-two/page/520/?tab=comments#comment-8426283

"Do you trust scientist Neil Ferguson who said there would be 500k Covid deaths over the Easter Bank Holiday in 2020?"

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

It'd have to be a pretty badly written bot to come up with - ...

Why so? We keep responding to his tosh.

6 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

You always say, "what's next?" - well, 2 years ago, if you'd said "what's next" - which you did on just about every topic... what would you think about a new virus that spread around the world in roughly 6 months?

-

Let's assume for a minute that staff don't have to have any vaccinations

Right now, if you had an elderly relative (or anyone actually), and you, YOU... could choose from 2 nursing homes, 

1. Everyone had vaccination

2. Everyone refused vaccination 

And assuming the care otherwise was the same, 

which home would you choose? 1 or 2?

There are a couple of important points for care home owners:

*having all staff vaccinated will make them more attractive to potential residents/relatives 

*having unvaccinated staff could leave them vulnerable to legal action, possibly without insurance cover, if residents contract Covid. 

Although I ‘m not entirely comfortable with compulsory vaccination I think commercial interests may well prevail 

Just now, Carbuncle said:

Why so? We keep responding to his tosh.

Same as I always challenged 9/11 truthers etc 10 years or so back - point out obvious stupid errors and they lose credibility to the undecided. We had a real glut of conspiracy theories for a few years.

Eventually most resort to personal abuse or move on.

3 minutes ago, catmiss said:

There are a couple of important points for care home owners:

*having all staff vaccinated will make them more attractive to potential residents/relatives 

*having unvaccinated staff could leave them vulnerable to legal action, possibly without insurance cover, if residents contract Covid. 

Although I ‘m not entirely comfortable with compulsory vaccination I think commercial interests may well prevail 

Isn't it also in the interests of residents and their well being?

Must confess the ignor function which I have never used is calling.

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Same as I always challenged 9/11 truthers etc 10 years or so back - point out obvious stupid errors and they lose credibility to the undecided. We had a real glut of conspiracy theories for a few years.

Eventually most resort to personal abuse or move on.

I wasn't suggesting a bot with the purpose of persuading people to believe it's conspiracies rather I was wondering whether a conspiracy bot might be an easy way to redirect a thread away from meaningful discussion by filling it with garbage. I mean we all know he is talking rubbish but off we go to debunk whatever the latest nonsense is.

Somehow we do not find the ignore button and instead post just one more killer argument.

Edited by Carbuncle