Coronavirus - Part Two.

Also what do you regard as a pandemic ?

You have avoided any kind of answer for that question 

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

What was it again I'm fielding about 6 petrified people here.

Off shopping tomorrow with our lass - so petrified..............................................

Just now, Carbuncle said:

Would you have sacrificed 1% of the population to avoid lockdowns?

Its not 1% of the population its 1% of certain ages mostly with pre-existing conditions, the answer would probably be yes as the lockdowns will cause far more damage than covid ever will, that 1% will look paltry in terms of mental health, ruined businesses and livlihoods, suicides, cancers etc etc.

Guest sibon
31 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You've believed too much of what the media has fed you which is after all the point.

Right its bed time, some of us have to be out and about tomorrow keeping the economy running.

Sleep well.

Sleep well. 

I’m hugely impressed by your ability to see through the global conspiracy. Keep it up,

I’m off too. I’m taking my sofa to the seaside tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep.

Edited by sibon

No, I really need a % otherwise we will not understand what is meant. What % of the most covid vulnerable would you sacrifice to avoid a lockdown?

Death by suicide was down last year.

Same in US and Sweden if you care to look.

That's facts

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, butlers said:

Death by suicide was down last year.

Same in US and Sweden if you care to look.

That's facts

Facts are over rated.

Its common sense you need.

Guys, if @top4718 is prepared to sacrifice a realistic number of people to avoid lockdown then he is making a 'reasonable' argument. It is this business where you get to avoid lockdown without paying a price that is BS.

It feels counter intuative ,as so many people were strung out on stress and worry esp in early spring.(2020)

N.Ireland despite of all the death and  destruction and povety had the lowest suicide rates in the UK during the troubles

Edited by butlers
Added ( 2020)

I assume there have been mental health issues but I have no handle on how big the problem is. Ditto: domestic violence.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

I assume there have been mental health issues but I have no handle on how big the problem is. Ditto: domestic violence.

There is no doubting that.

We have limited resources to deal with these - the NHS was stretched before it had covid to deal with.

Therefore it is a question of priorities for the NHS - presumably people needing intensive care has taken priority.

Wonder what the number is for deaths from the virus think they touted at least 0.3 %of the infected to as high as 0.7 but that was ages back.

Small numbers ,huge consequences