Jump to content


Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

 

Why has the winter flu vanished this year?

That’s an excellent question.

 

There are two competing theories:

 

1. Social distancing, lockdown and masks reduced transmission.

 

2. It didn’t vanish, but the lizard people covered it up.

 

Pick your favourite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sibon said:

That’s an excellent question.

 

There are two competing theories:

 

1. Social distancing, lockdown and masks reduced transmission.

 

2. It didn’t vanish, but the lizard people covered it up.

 

Pick your favourite 

You said in post 5720 that restrictions had continued because people were not sticking to the rules but apparently now sticking to the rules has eradicated flu - hmmmmm

 

It must be the lizard people.

Edited by top4718

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m pleased to hear that😎. I think almost everyone does.
 

I despair about these people who think they know better than the rest of us. The lunacy would be amusing if it didn’t lead to prolonged restrictions for the rest of us.
 

I’d very much like to go on holiday, see some music, go to the cricket, go to the football and go to the pub. If everyone had done as they should, those things might be easier to do by now.

Again, I agree - although I despair (and despaired) about some of the people on the other end of the scale from top4718 who made  it sound like the end of the world.

I shall be doing a couple of those things in the very near future - although the pub visits will be to ones with quality food - as I don't drink, the quality of the ale will be irrelevant.😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, top4718 said:

You said in post 5720 that restrictions had continued because people were not sticking to the rules but apparently now sticking to the rules has eradicated flu - hmmmmm

Have you considered the fact that flu and Covid have different transmission rates, different incubation periods and different proportions of asymptomatic cases?

 

hmmmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They've reopened so has the virus decided not to visit these places because they were closed last time it called?

No - they have re-opened because the risk of transmission/infection has been greatly reduced due to the vaccination programme and  other factors.

Edited by RollingJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RollingJ said:

No - they have re-opened because the risk of transmission/infection has been greatly reduced due to the vaccination programme.

So these places have opened with no rise in cases but we still have more restrictions than anywhere else.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Have you considered the fact that flu and Covid have different transmission rates, different incubation periods and different proportions of asymptomatic cases?

 

hmmmmm.

They are both transmissable by air born droplets (which most masks are useless against) so are very similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Again, I agree - although I despair (and despaired) about some of the people on the other end of the scale from top4718 who made  it sound like the end of the world.

I shall be doing a couple of those things in the very near future - although the pub visits will be to ones with quality food - as I don't drink, the quality of the ale will be irrelevant.😃

I’m out and about already. I’ve minimised my hand sanitising and mask wearing although I follow a the guidance/rules. I’m also double jabbed so at very low risk.

 

That doesn’t stop me from behaving properly and showing respect to others. Just like most people that I encounter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, top4718 said:

So these places have opened with no rise in cases but we still have more restrictions than anywhere else.

Proof, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Mainly due to people equating "Indian variant" with "It's Indians people fault" and causing problems as a result.

 

We have 2 good universities in Sheffield and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they could discover a "Sheffield Variant" - do you want people blaming and attacking you for that?

Why would anybody blame or attack me for a so-called Sheffield variant?!

 

With regard to the other, why not just say "delta variant"?  Why the additional tag on the end?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, top4718 said:

So these places have opened with no rise in cases but we still have more restrictions than anywhere else.

They are both transmissable by air born droplets (which most masks are useless against) so are very similar.

Thank you Dr Topp.

 

Tell me how you know this.

 

Also tell me where the flu went.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Proof, please?

The fact they have remained open is proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Proof, please?

Don't hold ya breathe.

That graph showing no extra deaths in2020 is looking a  bit elusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.