Coronavirus - Part Two.

This will be good.

He's still not given his definition of pandemic after being asked numerous times

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

@top4718 : Other than your own direct experience, what sources of information do you regard as reliable/ useful?

None.

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Please don't bother putting links from the MSM they're getting paid to promote this garbage.

Who’s paying them?

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Who’s paying them?

The British Government, Sky News is owned by an American Democrat etc etc, you'd have to be very naive not to realise your being had.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:
7 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

@top4718 : Other than your own direct experience, what sources of information do you regard as reliable/ useful?

None.

Fair enough: there seems to no reason for argument about covid. We have no facts we agree on about which to argue about.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

The British Government, Sky News is owned by an American Democrat etc etc, you'd have to be very naive not to realise your being had.

Ahhhhh, now how do you know this?

Just now, Carbuncle said:

Fair enough: there seems to no reason for argument about covid. We have no facts we agree on about which to argue about.

That's why I rely on what I see in front of me and despite visiting 10-15 different establishments every week I've yet to see any evidence of a major health scare, except in the media.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

That's why I rely on what I see in front of me and despite visiting 10-15 different establishments every week I've yet to see any evidence of a major health scare, except in the media.

If 100,000 people died in the UK in a year in addition to the roughly 600,000 who would die in a normal year, I would not expect to 'see' it based on my own personal experience.

What do you expect to see the number of people with covid at anyone time is tiny relative to population and 3 out of 4 show no symptoms.

You always kop out of saying what you judge a pandemic to look like,I think you have no idea what it means.

5 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

If 100,000 people died in the UK in a year in addition to the roughly 600,000 who would die in a normal year, I would not expect to 'see' it based on my own personal experience.

If you can trust the statistics that are telling you that, I've seen graphs saying the death rate is around average, which version is true?

Edited by top4718

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:
5 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

If you can trust the statistics that are telling you that, I've seen graphs saying the death rate is around average, which version is true.

As a hypothetical, do you think you have a way of detecting 100,000 extra deaths based on your own direct experience? I do not think I could.

Do show us this graph that shows no excess deaths last year.

I regard the Office for National Statistics as broadly reliable. Obviously we differ on that but I would rather focus on what we can agree on.