Jump to content
Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Coronavirus - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

thought schools were safe, thats what the government were spouting a couple of months ago when they said schools had to go back, saying kids couldnt catch it so they were safe, now pubs (which do pay in to the economy) are thinking to be closed so schools can open??

 

arent both mutally exclusive?

arent schools now that safe? just like socially distanced pubs?

 

 

go out if you can, but dont go out if you cant, work if you can, from home maybe but if you cant dont, dont go to the pub unless theyre open, get your haircut because theyre open but then theyre closed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, El Cid said:

Tory MP, Craig Whittaker, condemned for blaming BAME and Muslim people for rise in coronavirus cases.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-condemned-for-blaming-bame-and-muslim-people-for-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-12039949

The areas where infections rates have started to rise again and action taken are areas with higher BAME and Muslim populations.  The BAME  people are at higher risk from Covid 19 according to statistics. I don't see anything wrong in anyone stating there is is a problem within the the BAME and Muslim communities. Vulnerable people have been shielding for months and it should be considered to ask or order BAME people and Muslims to stay in their own homes in areas where there are high numbers of new infections until the numbers of new infections are lower again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I don't see anything wrong in anyone stating there is is a problem within the the BAME and Muslim communities. Vulnerable people have been shielding for months and it should be considered to ask or order BAME people and Muslims to stay in their own homes in areas where there are high numbers of new infections until the numbers of new infections are lower again.

Our MPs are role models and are intelligent people, it all depends how its worded. Of course the media will always twist anything which is a little racist.

The problem is not with the 'communities'; it is there living and working conditions. That could be the fault of their employers or the poor housing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Our MPs are role models and are intelligent people, it all depends how its worded. Of course the media will always twist anything which is a little racist.

The problem is not with the 'communities'; it is there living and working conditions. That could be the fault of their employers or the poor housing.

I don't see anything racist in pointing out communities where there are problems. Working conditions are one factor but people visiting other people homes and spending time there is another factor which is likely to spread Covid 19 more than places of work where restrictions and new working practices occur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The areas where infections rates have started to rise again and action taken are areas with higher BAME and Muslim populations.  The BAME  people are at higher risk from Covid 19 according to statistics. I don't see anything wrong in anyone stating there is is a problem within the the BAME and Muslim communities. Vulnerable people have been shielding for months and it should be considered to ask or order BAME people and Muslims to stay in their own homes in areas where there are high numbers of new infections until the numbers of new infections are lower again.

Agree but some are seeing the local lockdowns in areas of high BAME populations as some kind of vendetta, given the timing of the lockdown? I don't see the likes of Labour's Andy Burnham getting any flack & he's thrown his full weight behind the the lockdown on the other side of the Pennines, based on an interview I saw him take part in. 

 

Those self designated mouthpiecesof the BAME can't have it both ways, now decrying the lockdown when only a few weeks ago they were demanding more investigations into why the BAME population were suffering & dying from COVID-19 disproportionately, leading to the Govt spending addictional millions to seek answers. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-53565655

 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, melthebell said:

go out if you can, but dont go out if you cant, work if you can, from home maybe but if you cant dont, dont go to the pub unless theyre open, get your haircut because theyre open but then theyre closed 

Coronavirus advice reminds me of advice Bob Hope gets in Painless Potter going to a gunfight..... He draws from the left so lean to the right. There's a wind from the east so aim to the west. He crouches when he shoots so stand on your toes. By the time he gets there he is so confused and gets it all mixed up. I listen to the advice and abide by the rules but others seem to hear different advice to what I have heard, they hear what they want to hear. I live in Calderdale and there are still people partying in the gardens. My son lives close by but he can't visit without breaking rules so we won't be seeing him for a few weeks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, West 77 said:

I don't see anything racist in pointing out communities where there are problems. 

So it would be ok to highligh the behaviour of catholics at the beaches or at the Cheltenham Festival?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, El Cid said:

So it would be ok to highligh the behaviour of catholics at the beaches or at the Cheltenham Festival?

Catholics are not a race .... yet.

Masses attending Cheltenham and those allowing it were idiots and culpable.

They can be identified as a "community" as such.

So can the communities of Oldham etc. 

Their religion may have something to do with their communities cultural habits, but religion is not the root issue.

Edited by enntee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Cid said:

So it would be ok to highligh the behaviour of catholics at the beaches or at the Cheltenham Festival?

If Catholics are judged to be spreading the Covid19 virus then of course their behaviour should be highlighted.  Pub goers in Liverpool were condemned for St Patrick's Day celebrations just before pubs were forced to close. Any group of people judged to behaving in a way that risks spreading the Covid 19 virus should be highlighted. For example if young people are judged to be spreading the Covid Virus then they should be subject to curfews and prevented from going to pubs in the evenings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

If Catholics are judged to be spreading the Covid19 virus then of course their behaviour should be highlighted.  Pub goers in Liverpool were condemned for St Patrick's Day celebrations just before pubs were forced to close. Any group of people judged to behaving in a way that risks spreading the Covid 19 virus should be highlighted. For example if young people are judged to be spreading the Covid Virus then they should be subject to curfews and prevented from going to pubs in the evenings.

Yes they should all behave responsibly - like driving to Barnard Castle with their wife and kid in the car to "test their eyesight".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If news reports are to be believed, and government ministers not outrightly denying, over 50’s and those classified as extremely vulnerable to the virus are to be shielded again nationally should the  infection rate carry on increasing. I’ve spent the last 4 months locked up only seeing family through windows and latterly in my garden and went out for the first time yesterday for a brief visit to the local shops. I think I’ve been shielded from reality, thinking that ‘we’re all in this together’ when what I saw was selfish behaviour- I have doubts that  statistically  all the people in shops minus masks were medically exempt, the several large groups going into pubs were all members of the same household and the number of people getting too close to others were all short sighted.  I’ll carry on a weekly trip out but have resigned myself to a further imposed period of house arrest. 

Edited by catmiss
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Welcome back to earth, Doug and Bob! Way t'go, SpaceX Dragon!
Visors open, enjoy your first breath of fresh air in two long months!"

 

 

 

 

"Oh..by the way...can you put these masks on now, please?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.