Coronavirus - Part Two.

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I see Eric Clapton has been complaining about his 'disastrous reaction' to the AstraZeneca vaccine. 

The 76-year-old said he 'recovered eventually'.

'My hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks,' he moaned.  'I feared I would never play again...I should never have gone near the needle. But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone.'

Eric Clapton hits out at 'propaganda' over vaccine safety | Daily Mail Online

The cheek of it! All the years he willingly took illegal drugs and suffered untold side effects, now he's whining about a couple of weeks not being able to play with his guitar, when the NHS has vaccinated him against catching something that could kill him. He wants to thank his lucky stars he's not suffering like those poor souls in India.

Reading the comments on that story is quite scary :o

This country doesn't stand a chance with this dithering Goverment, every thing they do and have done from the start, has been a too slow reaction to what is coming and has come our way.   :rant:

Just now, whiteowl said:

Reading the comments on that story is quite scary :o

Then, like me, don't bother. 😀

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

This country doesn't stand a chance with this dithering Goverment, every thing they do and have done from the start, has been a too slow reaction to what is coming and has come our way.   :rant:

Go and show them how to do it right, then, @PRESLEY

14 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Then, like me, don't bother. 😀

Go and show them how to do it right, then, @PRESLEY

Bozo Boris would not be prime minister if Starmer had have been running instead of Corbyn,  Starmer would have shown you how to do it right.  :roll:

If you say so - but personally I have my doubts - and I asked you to go and show them how it was done, as you seem to know.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

If you say so - but personally I have my doubts - and I asked you to go and show them how it was done, as you seem to know.

Go and show em! stop being silly.  Take off your blinkers and see whats been happening over the last fourteen months, the Goverments slow reactions have been widely critised.

4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Go and show em! stop being silly.  Take off your blinkers and see whats been happening over the last fourteen months, the Goverments slow reactions have been widely critised.

You are almost right....compared to the rest of the world the Government have done rather well with the vaccine rollout tbf.

9 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Snide comments will get you nowhere with me - except lower down the respect scale. Similar - or worse has been happening in a lot of other countries, and those other countries administrations have also been 'widely criticised'.

Edited by RollingJ

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Snide comments will get you nowhere with me - except lower down the respect scale. Similar - or worse has been happening in a lot of other countries, and those other countries administrations have also been 'widely criticised'.

Well fancy talking ridiculous,  telling me to go and show em how its done,  I was stating my opinion, telling me to go and show em how its done was a snide and silly comment. 

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Bigger picture start training more medical professionals and building more hospitals (not just refurbing them Hancock you mug).

Totally agree with this.

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

When would you pause it to - and what would you do at that point if a new variant is identified shortly before?

A couple weeks or so as stated before. 

The important point is that the end is in sight but until we get to the point of getting enough people vaccinated to stop exponential growth it would incredibly stupid to create a third wave by opening up just a few weeks too early after all we’ve gone through so far.  I think most people would prefer to ride out restrictions a bit longer than take a gamble now. 

As for new variants, a great way to develop more of those is to let the virus rip through unvaccinated and partially vaccinated people.  Once most people are vaccinated the development of new variants reduces and booster vaccinations can be given for greater protection against variants.

1 minute ago, redruby said:

A couple weeks or so as stated before. 

The important point is that the end is in sight but until we get to the point of getting enough people vaccinated to stop exponential growth it would incredibly stupid to create a third wave by opening up just a few weeks too early after all we’ve gone through so far.  I think most people would prefer to ride out restrictions a bit longer than take a gamble now. 

As for new variants, a great way to develop more of those is to let the virus rip through unvaccinated and partially vaccinated people.  Once most people are vaccinated the development of new variants reduces and booster vaccinations can be given for greater protection against variants.

And is that 'couple of weeks' going to be enough - are we going to keep on adding 'a couple of weeks' for ever?