Coronavirus - Part Two.

48 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

As there was zero information with regard to that 'headline' - how do you know what is going to be said?

Quite right.  Apologies.  This story may be more useful:

https://www.politicmag.net/politics-news/coronavirus-boris-johnson-to-hold-a-press-conference-at-5pm-amid-concerns-about-the-indian-covid-variant-41502-2021/

23 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

So the Indian variant is a threat to the great unlocking on June 21st.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57112296

Sadly predictable after the government dilly dallied about enforcing quarantine from India.  

Trouble is it may not have come directly from India and at the moment they simply don't know its source as there are also 3 different Indian variants present in the UK.

1 minute ago, apelike said:

Trouble is it may not have come directly from India and at the moment they simply don't know its source as there are also 3 different Indian variants present in the UK.

I missed the PM's newsflash that was on about an hour ago, are we remaining in lockdown or is everything going ahead as planned? I have a job interview in Tinsley on Monday :D 

11 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

I missed the PM's newsflash that was on about an hour ago, are we remaining in lockdown or is everything going ahead as planned? I have a job interview in Tinsley on Monday :D 

Why would Monday being delayed stop a job interview? 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, makapaka said:

What’s it’s got to do with whether you like the result or not - inquiries aren’t there to please people there to establish facts.

Some people disagree with facts and protest for another enquiry until they get the facts they agree with .

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Why would Monday being delayed stop a job interview? 🤷‍♂️

Because it's a a Karting place down in Tinsley (according to Google Maps it's between the Arena and Valley Centretainment) and it's already a socially distanced interview where I'll have to wear a mask and everything.

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

47 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Because it's a a Karting place down in Tinsley (according to Google Maps it's between the Arena and Valley Centretainment) and it's already a socially distanced interview where I'll have to wear a mask and everything.

Just as a headsup, look for this sign, and drive down here.

If you use a sat nav on google maps, it (used to) take you up the next entrance just further along to the wrong place.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3980196,-1.4090665,3a,75y,114.78h,93.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stIghTbpahfs2Cxwn7xgosw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

5 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Just as a headsup, look for this sign, and drive down here.

If you use a sat nav on google maps, it (used to) take you up the next entrance just further along to the wrong place.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3980196,-1.4090665,3a,75y,114.78h,93.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stIghTbpahfs2Cxwn7xgosw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

Ah, I think I know where that is, I'm sure the Uber driver might as well.

Thanks man :D 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Some people disagree with facts and protest for another enquiry until they get the facts they agree with .

In the issue you mentioned- I would recommended reading and understanding what happened further.

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

In the issue you mentioned- I would recommended reading and understanding what happened further.

What issue ?

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Ah, I think I know where that is, I'm sure the Uber driver might as well.

Thanks man :D 

It's because of Uber that I know it takes you to the wrong place! hahaha! Luckily I knew where it was.

As long as you look out, near the end of the journey, tell him or her to turn into this Gate 1, then it's a long straight road, and it is right at the very end.

Good luck with the interview :)

Edited by *_ash_*