Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

But you didn't want to mention that in your initial post? ;)

Would it have made a difference ?

Yes but it's the transmission to others in a public area that's the issue in hand.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Yes :)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, butlers said:

Yes but it's the transmission to others in a public area that's the issue in hand.

Transmission isn't the main  problem- colds and many other minor viruses are transmitted. With covid it's the harm it does when received- and it is very relevant that the health of the average adult in the UK/US is abysmal, with lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease etc being rampant, and people with those conditions being especially susceptible to harsh effects from covid.  

Arguably, the best defence a nation can have against covid, is a fit, healthy population, with very low rates of lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease- something to think about and prioritise if we genuinely want to tackle future epidemics rather than 'manage' them with economy destroying lockdowns.

Incidently, despite all the focus on the number of deaths being attributed to covid- they are minute in comparision to the toll from  lifestyle diseases like type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease- a toll that has been around  for decades and looks to set to continue into future ones.

Edited by onewheeldave

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What if I said I’d like people who go to the pub to wear a lanyard - whether they wear Masks or not.

they’re more likely to have been around a number of people.

I could avoid you then.

Diabetes being the biggest call on the NHS unquestionably.

Terrifying ongoing cost of that.

Just now, makapaka said:

What if I said I’d like people who go to the pub to wear a lanyard - whether they wear Masks or not.

they’re more likely to have been around a number of people.

I could avoid you then.

Please do . 

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Please do . 

Make sure you wear a lanyard so I can.

15 mins for that stunning rebuke.

You need to up your game

46 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’m more concerned about the people in the pub drinking - bad for your kidneys - which are susceptible in a bad Covid  infection - using up valuable hospital beds.

id like them to wear a lanyard so I can make sure I know who they are - it’s courteous, protects others and provides clarification.

Thing is, their kidneys are their own business.

The air they breathe out and it’s associated pathogens, are the business of anyone within a few metres.

That’s  a significant difference, but not one that I’m expecting you to either comprehend or acknowledge.

42 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

But it does overload the NHS.

It doesn’t. And it certainly doesn’t increase exponentially. See previous posts about transmissibility 

It is no surprise that we are arguing about masks. The neoliberal project insised that there was no such thing as society and that there's no alternative. And we ordinary folk were expected to wear a cheery smile as our familiar world was dismantled around us. We were no longer members of a community. Forced instead to compete with everyone, our neighbours and colleagues became opponents, our friendly smiles were wearing thin. We were forced to assume a disguise, the only radiant expressions left to us were the happy faces seen on the adverts for designer cosmetics, volume produced alcoholic beverages or branded clothing. The NHS became a brand behind which front-line staff, smiling to order just as MacDonalds workers had been forced to do before them, assumed a grim, professional demeanour even as they watched their status, their pay and their terms and conditions eroded through internal competition and privatisation hollowed out their role.

Meanwhile, the cosmetics and clothing barons, the mass brewers and their political fixers that we call MPs assumed the bland dark suit and tie, the sober frock, the understated accessory as they arranged social devastation on behalf of the billionaires. Everyone is in disguise these days. Where is our authentic self? Where have our communal instincts gone? How have we allowed our services, our high streets and our neighbourhoods to be drained of resources as the rich grow fat on excess and cabinet ministers line the pockets of their billionaire donors?