Coronavirus - Part Two.

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

There's so many exemptions for not wearing a face covering in this country that I think we could all fit into one of the categories if we insisted. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

Clearly if people have breathing difficulties, and wearing a mask would impede breathing then people should be exempt.

But in the middle of a pandemic, where many tens of thousands of people have lost their lives, I find it staggering that the rules are as lax as they are.

Some people are asymptomatic, and could potentially infect other vulnerable people, yet priority seems to be given to people who get arsey and throw a strop like this numpty on public transport 

Uk police arrest man on train for not wearing mask : LIVERPOOL - YouTube

Guest makapaka
30 minutes ago, Mister M said:

yet priority seems to be given to people who get arsey and throw a strop like this

Where and how is priority given to to people who do this?

Also given that he was arrested?

Edited by makapaka

34 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Clearly if people have breathing difficulties, and wearing a mask would impede breathing then people should be exempt.

But in the middle of a pandemic, where many tens of thousands of people have lost their lives, I find it staggering that the rules are as lax as they are.

Some people are asymptomatic, and could potentially infect other vulnerable people, yet priority seems to be given to people who get arsey and throw a strop like this numpty on public transport 

Uk police arrest man on train for not wearing mask : LIVERPOOL - YouTube

That's a real disservice to the many tens of 1000's of people who don't have breathing issues but still have exemptions. 

13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Where and how is priority given to to people who do this?

Also given that he was arrested?

What I was trying to say was that in the middle of a pandemic, the rules on mask wearing are very lax. In my opinion, the priority should be the preservation of life.

I'm glad that the man on the train who refused to wear a mask because he said he has anxiety was challenged and arrested

Edited by Mister M

Guest sibon
23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What I was trying to say was that in the middle of a pandemic, the rules on mask wearing are very lax. In my opinion, the priority should be the preservation of life.

I'm glad that the man on the train who refused to wear a mask because he said he has anxiety was challenged and arrested

Judging by that performance, I’d hope that he was charged with a lot more than just failing to wear a mask.

32 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's a real disservice to the many tens of 1000's of people who don't have breathing issues but still have exemptions. 

How many 10s of thousands?

13 minutes ago, sibon said:

Judging by that performance, I’d hope that he was charged with a lot more than just failing to wear a mask.

He was charged with threatening behavior and assaulting a police officer.

Perhaps if he'd have had some kind of medical certification on him to prove that he was exempt, all of that situation could've been avoided. 

The situation struck me as incongruous because his aggressive and arsey behaviour didn't strike me as coming from someone with 'anxiety', more in keeping with someone entitled and selfish.

Edited by Mister M

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

How many 10s of thousands?

Anywhere from 1 to many more. Lets put it this way. In my house there are 3 people. 2 are exempt and thats just one household on one small row of terraced houses. Next door to me there is a family of 4. 2 are exempt. The other side of my house there was an older couple, sadly one of them died a couple of weeks ago. Both were exempt and now the only person living there is exempt.

Thats 3 houses on one row of 5 terraced. I don't know the status of the people in the other 2 houses but I could ask them if you like? Me saying 10s of 1000's is probably understating it when you think about it.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

What would you do to increase the rules on masks?

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Anywhere from 1 to many more. Lets put it this way. In my house there are 3 people. 2 are exempt and thats just one household on one small row of terraced houses. Next door to me there is a family of 4. 2 are exempt. The other side of my house there was an older couple, sadly one of them died a couple of weeks ago. Both were exempt and now the only person living there is exempt.

Thats 3 houses on one row of 5 terraced. I don't know the status of the people in the other 2 houses but I could ask them if you like? Me saying 10s of 1000's is probably understating it when you think about it.

One on our street and he's pretty much house bound.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

One on our street and he's pretty much house bound.

Yours is a very lucky street. I'm pleased for you 👍

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yours is a very lucky street. I'm pleased for you 👍

I don't think I'm that lucky, a good chunk are of a certain age. I'd guess your street seems to have alot of people with breathing issues? Has it been tested for radon gas?